News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Cast previews continue at Mickey & Friends in CommuniCore Hall. Here are some photos shared by zhalteman on X:

GO2CXB3XgAIlmqi.jpeg
GO2CXB7W4AEO_9w.jpeg
GO2CXB3WAAIvehx.jpeg
GO2CXB8WQAAfKeb.jpeg

Dr.GrantSeeker

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Funny how much they used classic Epcot Center characters in some of these backdrops, but insist on distancing themselves in most ways from these iconic and nostalgic characters that defined Epcot for so long.
It's a rather lame attempt to "appeal to older guests" to appear clever. Even the Horizons robot butler is rolling his eyes at the attempt... ;)

Jambo Dad

Wow. After all these years and all the construction, we basically have the same southwest building as before with a bunch of trees strewn about randomly. At this point I'd rather have what was there in 2018 with some trees instead of the tarps.

The fact we'll be stuck with this for the next 20 years makes it even worse.
Don’t give up hope. We thought we were stuck with all that crap in the lagoon for the next 20 years and it was so bad they had to take it out!

Dr.GrantSeeker

Most of those "easter eggs" don't appear to be in any of the actual backdrops you'd see in a photo, so it's just window (queue?) dressing.
It's a rather lame attempt to "appeal to older guests" to appear clever. Even the Horizons robot butler is rolling his eyes at the attempt... ;)
I see that now. It just feels like Disney is trolling us and it’s annoying

monorail81

I think I can guess the answer, but I’ll ask anyway. Did they paint that on the walls or are they wall stickers that will start peeling with the help of the guests’ fingers?

Haymarket2008

All 12 Icons revealed from 2019 D23 are featured, including one for the PLAY! Pavilion, The Epcot Experience and the one for the original festival center

Cool, but…..the inclusion of the Play icon is so incredibly odd. Unless they’re keeping it for whatever iteration the space will become, but I doubt it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom