News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So let me understand this.

They took Inoventions West which had been sitting as an underutilized flex space with plenty of potential, tore it down, and then replaced it an smaller yet more “hip” and expensive building, to do the exact same thing, all at the same time, and most importantly, ruining the symmetry of the entire area?

I bet lots of people got promoted for this!

Earlie the Pearlie

Gusey

I've got to appreciate the Epcot overhaul recap on Disney Parks Blog:
EPCOTians everywhere know that the park has been undergoing the largest transformation in its history, and each new element that we’ve unveiled has brought us closer and closer to a fully reimagined EPCOT. Remember that gorgeous new fountain and welcoming front entrance? Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure? Creations Shop? The lights on Spaceship Earth? Space 220 Restaurant? Connections Café & Eatery? Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind? Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana? Walt the Dreamer? AND MORE?!
The MORE?! being Luminous and CommuniCore right?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

In addition to those two, and what was mentioned, which was...
  • gorgeous new fountain and welcoming front entrance
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
  • Creations Shop
  • The lights on Spaceship Earth
  • Space 220 Restaurant
  • Connections Café & Eatery
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
  • Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana
  • Walt the Dreamer

There is also in addition to the above (not saying they're all winners...):
  • New Land movie
  • New Canada movie
  • BatB singalong
  • refreshed infrastructure for the entrance lot
  • New Japan restaurant
  • Coco attraction in Mexico lobby
  • refresh of Test Track (still to come)
  • Green side of M:S
  • the parkification of the hub
  • Duck Tales thing

DreamfinderGuy

Not gonna lie when they spell it out like this it just gets even funnier. Seven years and what they're most proud of are two new rides (with only one being a net gain), new planters and a redressed fountain in the front, some lights, two restaurants (with only one being a net gain, again), a kids play area, a statue, and remodeling the gift shop.

Of course I am not one to talk, because that redressed fountain and some lights just so happen to be the best of what they listed off lol

Gusey

In addition to those two, and what was mentioned, which was...
  • gorgeous new fountain and welcoming front entrance
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
  • Creations Shop
  • The lights on Spaceship Earth
  • Space 220 Restaurant
  • Connections Café & Eatery
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
  • Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana
  • Walt the Dreamer

There is also in addition to the above (not saying they're all winners...):
  • New Land movie
  • New Canada movie
  • BatB singalong
  • refreshed infrastructure for the entrance lot
  • New Japan restaurant
  • Coco attraction in Mexico lobby
  • refresh of Test Track (still to come)
  • Green side of M:S
  • the parkification of the hub
  • Duck Tales thing
Exactly, a lot of people forget just how much was added since 2020 (Mission Space Green was 2017 but the start of the overhaul) that it was quite a major project. We may have only gained three attractions with the projects (Remy, Guardians and Journey of Water), this project was a lot more about improving Epcot's aesthetics compared to the concrete that was everywhere pre-2019.

I see people are upset about an Encanto sing-along being there, but in my opinion it (any entertainment) will add life and energy to the surrounding gardens. I think this will be a nice gathering spot for people to come, sit, relax and enjoy the day.
Yes I agree but they really need to stop shoving Encanto down our throats. The movie was mediocre at best and I personally thought it was awful. Not everyone likes everything and that's ok. In my opinion i would tell Imagineering to you know...make something original.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

"...iconic EPCOT festivals..."

Frustrated Tim Curry GIF

That whole piece of PR crap makes me wretch.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Am I the only one annoyed when they mention Largest transformation in it's history. Perhaps it's a fact but I mean it didn't turn out epic as the Epcot Experience simply because they budget cut many things, many things never came and on a sad note we lost wonderful things all because of something they couldn't maintain. It's shocking how they wanted to show this transformation is going to be huge just by tearing everything in the middle all at once and therefore majority of those walls for years. They should of done this in phases that way if the festival building wasn't coming then half of innoventions east could of been kept and renewed just like Creations hence keeping symmetry. Fountain of Nations could of been last thing to remove just put walls around it but no they crushed everyone with emotion by tearing it down first so we could see ground zero in front our eyes. Transformation is supposed to be major and big, same like saying Harmonious being the largest fireworks disney ever done when it didn't much for the firework aspect and now with Luminous they won't even mention it.
Not having Play Pavilion, Marry Poppins, and a greater center of Epcot with an amazing atmosphere is what will always feel not complete to me. Ratatouille expansion and Spaceship Earth and Monorail lights are the best things to me from this expansion or make better lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom