News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

Interesting choice to install a giant tree in between a 10-foot opening in the walls, even though it will be much more open when all is said and done.
Oh, weird! I totally thought that would be electrical for wayfinding or something and that the adjacent one now behind the fence would be for a Moana merchandise kiosk or something. Guess they'll both be megapalm planters instead.

Also, thank you for always grabbing photos of World Celebration and Journey of Water when you can. Finding a consistent flow of updates is much more difficult than it was for TRON.

FettFan

Walt-Disney-World-Epcot-Connections-Cafe-_a-scaled.jpeg

141348909675813511_N15.jpg

b54bb0560129c10bff18561bda99980ea5b1f66b.gif

Sir_Cliff

I wouldn't say it looks great, but it's fine. I'm honestly not sure what the alternative would even be.
My impression is that it seems appropriate to the space and for an updated Epcot in 2023, but, like it or not, I'm also puzzled about what the alternative would be. Do people want it to look like a spaceship or something?

If the objection is that it looks too much like contemporary store and cafeteria design, then I'm guessing the critics wouldn't have liked the design of the area when Epcot opened either.

Haymarket2008

Jambo Dad

Steel beam signed by Disney Cast Members installed at EPCOT's CommuniCore Hall as the building is topped-off​

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_50887.jpg
Signing the beam of the building they had to build to replace the one they knocked down. At this point, they are just trying to get this thing done so they can take a breath and plan better stuff for the years ahead.

James Alucobond

I know it'll result in more restricted flow, but I really hope they shut off the bypass soonish and simultaneously finish landscaping the area around the pumping and filtration station, the wedge next to Guest Relations, and the beds left of the now re-opened exit from Project Tomorrow. Having all walls removed from areas that can be viewed when facing the front of Spaceship Earth would be great and would help a lot with the appearance from the monorail.

Also, what's the deal with the area north of Refreshment Port? Seems like that's been a gravel pit for a while. Are they ever going to re-landscape and drop the walls, or is something actually going there?

montyz81

Steel beam signed by Disney Cast Members installed at EPCOT's CommuniCore Hall as the building is topped-off​

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_50887.jpg
No offense to those that signed this, but if this beam were from Communicore West/Innovations West, the signing would mean something. This building was just a waste of money when they could have easily used parts of the building that was there previously. Instead, they spent all this extra money fixing Epcot for nothing in return. Now they have to lay off 7000 people. What a real shame!

UNCgolf

No offense to those that signed this, but if this beam were from Communicore West/Innovations West, the signing would mean something. This building was just a waste of money when they could have easily used parts of the building that was there previously. Instead, they spent all this extra money fixing Epcot for nothing in return. Now they have to lay off 7000 people. What a real shame!

It's not anything they specifically did for Disney -- topping out ceremonies and signing the last steel beam is widespread in the construction industry for most projects.

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

There were half a dozen attractions IN THAT PARK that are in desperate need of the money that was wasted on this.

But none of those lent themselves to staging for high priced dessert or convention parties, so sorry Figment - keep farting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom