News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Site plan -

FR_7JYIUYAUghbN.jpeg

Disstevefan1

Is the communicore area being built as part of this current construction?
How many years will it take to complete this?
Is there one time line if RCID continues to exist and a different time line if RCID is successfully dissolved?

ctrlaltdel

Feel like the non-Journey of Water stuff can be thrown up relatively quickly. Mostly concrete work and landscaping outside of the new Communicore building. Are they aiming to open the rest of World Celebration at the same time as Journey of Water?

mattpeto

Okay so has anyone noticed that the Harmonious barges are absent in the new concept art?
I'm a hot take guy, so I'm probably off my rocker again...

We knew that Festival Pavilion (along with others) was going to be re-worked coming out of the covid closure. But one of the purposes to the Festival Pavilion was to sell prime-time nighttime viewing to corporate sponsors. With the new art work, are they throwing in the towel with that concept completely?

Expanding on that...what does this say about Harmonious?

And about the barges?
Interesting right?

ETA: Are the tacos still there? Stargate is clearly missing.

Sir_Cliff

As much as I'd like to believe they were scrapping the stargate and tacos, I doubt it. I can't see them throwing those out given how much $$$ they invested in them....
You know, if they wanted to get everyone to not just shrug in acceptance of this but to actively applaud the new direction of Epcot, they would announce that they are also introducing the ability to transport the tacos and Stargate in and out of the lagoon each evening!

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
As much as I'd like to believe they were scrapping the stargate and tacos, I doubt it. I can't see them throwing those out given how much $$$ they invested in them....
Neither would I, however the barges *WERE* in all previous EPCOT overhaul concept art. Weird. I think they realize they'll end up spending more to market the hell out of this thing.

No Name

Honestly I think this looks significantly better than the previous plan. Not good but better. But I would’ve loved to have seen the original plan come to fruition just to have seen whether the idea worked better in person than on paper. This one is definitely a step back in terms of how much of a change it is.

Okay so has anyone noticed that the Harmonious barges are absent in the new concept art?
It’s probably just because they’re ugly utility structures. The Cosmic Rewind show building hasn’t been in any art either.

M:SpilotISTC12

At this point the tacos and Stargate don't even bother me anymore. I've just become complacent in the fact that the rest of the park will look like crap so might as well go all out and leave them there.

mattpeto

In fairness, they weren't present in the original art either:

View attachment 637137

Compared to today's new Art:

View attachment 637138
That's a good point...

It's possible that transporting the barges and stargate was also an original possibility.

The daytime fountains might have been what they needed to justify it's permanent mounting, but that didn't work out as planned either.

Maybe @marni1971 could shed some light...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom