News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Cmdr_Crimson

mmmmm Roller Meat! the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon in World Celebration!
Disney's newest food EPDOGS!!
54badf8f-50a2-42fc-9910-de5a0d27dbf3_text.gif

GladToBeHear

Is it just me or did they overuse the SSE triangles on this project? Current WDI/designers seem to have a real problem with editing. I don't know if it's a case of young/inexperienced creatives (or project managers) and/or design-by-committee. I've noticed this in recent years with many WDW projects, artwork, signage, etc. And it seems to be a real trend. For many years before that -- though -- I'd consider WDW aesthetics practically flawless.

epcot_triangles.jpg

For example -- I'd remove the triangles from the highlighted areas. And if I kept them on the round stage -- I'd probably screen them back on a darker color.

Andrew25

Don't have any images, but are there any plans to hide the back portion of this building? Currently it's unthemed with no foliage (yet?) to hide it. It's just a white wall that faces the Figment building.

tparris

The temporary boxes around the bases of the circular light fixtures just outside Connections Cafe have been removed, revealing the new bases. They look fine, however the obvious imperfections and different color where they shaved off the ā€œmoundsā€ really bothers me. That part doesnā€™t look good at all imo
IMG_1051.jpeg
IMG_1052.jpeg

tparris

Hoping they paint it soon... but I'll take this over the ugly wooden boxes
Itā€™s concrete, they canā€™t exactly just paint it. What they should have done is cut out the immediate surrounding area and replace it in sections. I would think the intentional cracks all over the ground would make it relatively easy to blend in new sections with the existing ones.
IMG_1067.jpeg

James Alucobond

Itā€™s concrete, they canā€™t exactly just paint it. What they should have done is cut out the immediate surrounding area and replace it in sections. I would think the intentional cracks all over the ground would make it relatively easy to blend in new sections with the existing ones.View attachment 783585
Pretty sure they can at least stain and treat it the same way the surrounding concrete is treated in order to better conceal it.

UNCgolf

I wonder how loud it will be.

I think they could potentially overdo it and kind of ruin the whole area with noise pollution; I'm sure not everyone in the garden area is going to want to have to listen to whatever is happening on the stage.

KeithVH

The temporary boxes around the bases of the circular light fixtures just outside Connections Cafe have been removed, revealing the new bases. They look fine, however the obvious imperfections and different color where they shaved off the ā€œmoundsā€ really bothers me. That part doesnā€™t look good at all imoView attachment 783575View attachment 783576

Well, that definitely looks like local city park quality level work . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom