News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Kingoglow

Disney: Must... add... more... Moana. Need... more... Frozen. More... Rey... meets. That should do it!
Meanwhile all the boys will be over at Epic Universe for the stuff catered to them.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The thing they axed?

Does they mean the project is likely to be costing less with the removal of that (with a less ambitious build) and the techno-tree and Spaceship Earth redo or is that money disappearing the way it always seems to with other projects?
I have no inside information but I would venture a guess that the money from Bob’s Folly went towards the partial CC rebuild.

MrPromey

Totally bizarre that its going to take them a whole year more to finish Epcot. How the heck can it take that long for such a tiny and extremely underwhelming update.

I wonder if Uni's taking up all the contractors in the area with Epic.

To be fair, with this, the Polynesian DVC tower and the center street re-bricking in the MK, Disney has a lot on their plate, construction-wise, right now.

;)

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

Really need to get your facts straight. MGM was built before Universal studios. Animal Kingdom also opened before Islands of Adventure. SMH
MGM was announced after and was the direct result of Universal's announcement. Disney was hoping Universal would throw in the towel. It's also why MGM was a half-day park... it was quickly cobbled together.

Movielover

Isn’t it interesting that Disney cared so much about Universal back then that they actually announced a new park and then raced to beat Universal’s opening whereas now their ego is so big they just sit on their laurels and releases answers years after Universal.
The key difference between now and then...

1667216340180.png

Competent Leadership!

Poly1974

Really need to get your facts straight. MGM was built before Universal studios. Animal Kingdom also opened before Islands of Adventure. SMH
You really need to get your facts straight before calling others out. MGM was a direct response to the announcement of Universal Orlando. Eisner wanted to beat Uni to the punch and rushed to open the park, hence it has never been a complete park to this day. The AK piece is false. might want to do some homework before you proclaim yourself the expert.

WDW John

You really need to get your facts straight before calling others out. MGM was a direct response to the announcement of Universal Orlando. Eisner wanted to beat Uni to the punch and rushed to open the park, hence it has never been a complete park to this day. The AK piece is false. might want to do some homework before you proclaim yourself the expert.
Hmm, not really sure who needs to get facts straight here. htaylor1918 didn’t post anything factually incorrect in the part you quoted, at least as far as I can see. Regardless of if MGM was in response to Universal it still opened first, so that's correct. Also, AK opened in 1998, on Earth Day IIRC. Looks like IOA opened in 1999, about a year after AK. Perhaps I'm mistaken (and the internet, too) and IOA opened earlier than 1999, but AK was definitely open in 1998, I visited it in 1998.

No Name

Hmm, not really sure who needs to get facts straight here. htaylor1918 didn’t post anything factually incorrect in the part you quoted, at least as far as I can see. Regardless of if MGM was in response to Universal it still opened first, so that's correct.
If you’d even bothered to follow the conversation, you’d see that they were clearly suggesting that MGM was not in response to Universal, which is wrong. Let me spell it out for you below:
Universal Florida prompted Disney to build MGM Studios
Really need to get your facts straight. MGM was built before Universal studios.
You really need to get your facts straight before calling others out. MGM was a direct response to the announcement of Universal Orlando.

Read before commenting!

WDW John

If you’d even bothered to follow the conversation, you’d see that they were clearly suggesting that MGM was not in response to Universal, which is wrong. Let me spell it out for you below:
You made a poor assumption. I had already read up. htaylor1918 didn’t insinuate anything (and also quoted nobody) and instead stated a fact: ”MGM was built before Universal studios”. As I said before, regardless of the reasoning behind the post, that is a fact. You called them out to get their facts straight, but their facts are straight.

Really, both Snake and htaylor1918 are correct, with maybe some unnecessary snark involved.

Read before commenting!
Funny advice coming from someone who calls people out to fact check when their own facts are really “facts”.

I read this “fact” before commenting:

Maybe it’s time to take your own advice.

Sir_Cliff

It's honestly so far along that I'm intensely puzzled by the whole timeline. Unless they literally just rope off Moana and open all the surrounding pathways, it makes no sense. They have to be aware of how negatively impacted the entire EPCOT experience is by having the center of the park shuttered, yet the timeline suggests complete indifference.
It's clear they don't care. I wouldn't be surprised if they finish Moana and just leave it sitting there behind construction walls until the rest of the spine is completed. Guests can just deal, I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom