News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

In my defense of JoW, I've been pointing out that as nice as the FW pavilions were for having an architecture that complemented their theme, the landscaping leading up to them has been quite generic and unthemed.

JoW (if done and placed correctly) should provide a landscape leading up to The Seas that is themed accordingly to its pavilion.

And now, UoE:GotG:CR is getting an matchingly themed landscaping.

Perhaps Test Track, which is built around the modern wonder of a gas-powered engine, could also update its landscaping... perhaps with a junkyard with tires and hubcaps and oil barrels everywhere? ;)
I love the idea of appropriately themed landscape...they sort of did that when they added the Nemo figures by the Living Seas...Stuff that looked like underwater plantings... I am not sure about Test Track... Perhaps automobile topiaries? Actually using car parts worked into the landscape could be a really interesting idea...

castlecake2.0

Eh, they've also allowed a lot of the plantings to grow beyond their intended maturity, which throws off the sense of scale in several sections of the park. While it's not the most egregious of issues, new trees and vegetation of appropriate size and maturity are welcome.
World Showcase especially is in need of some tree replacements

MagicHappens1971

So I didnt want to bump an old thread. But on the new starbucks epcot mug mary poppins is featured. Is this just an old design or is she back on the table?
Yea seems very interesting, I mean they included the trolls from Malestrom but they were a part of Epcot, Mary has never really been a part of Epcot soooo

Attachments

• 3574D24C-EB0A-46E4-B00E-8A45C53B185E.png
    3574D24C-EB0A-46E4-B00E-8A45C53B185E.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 58

Magic Feather

RIP flag shirt?
It looks like it (thank god). Now to pray that its switched before Internationals come back to Showcase (seeing Flag shirts in FEA and Gran Fiesta take me out).
Any ideas for when the actual Starbucks location will open? The temporary one has created a traffic flow nightmare.
I believe that (after a lot of shuffling) Starbucks is supposed to be in Northeast. Originally (around a year ago) I was told Holidays as the goal for that facility coming online but that seems near impossible at this point. Assuming it'll hit closer to Spring Break season instead.

castlecake2.0

It looks like it (thank god). Now to pray that its switched before Internationals come back to Showcase (seeing Flag shirts in FEA and Gran Fiesta take me out).

I believe that (after a lot of shuffling) Starbucks is supposed to be in Northeast. Originally (around a year ago) I was told Holidays as the goal for that facility coming online but that seems near impossible at this point. Assuming it'll hit closer to Spring Break season instead.
I think it’s the white pants paired with it that really puts it over the edge lol, though I’m scared with any change that they’ll go the DAK route of 40 costumes down to like 7 generic ones. Hopefully the countries keep their unique specific ones.

holidays would be nice but like you said probably not happening. The rose walk (I don’t know if it’s still called that officially anymore as I think the roses are all gone) has become a a major route now that the spine is closed. With the added chaos and of Starbucks, new restrooms F&W huts, and multiple wheeled convenience vehicles parked along the path waiting for their coffee, it feels like the I4 now.

mikejs78

Premium Member

Does that include the new QS?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom