News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

clemmo

I missed something. When did GOTG get proposed for Epcot? Instead of WDW it should be called IP Land...
Some of the insiders on here have noted it is the new home of a GOTG attraction. Not sure if it has been green lit or what but it appears to be under serious consideration

tcool123

WDW1974 dropped the info in another thread, sounds like either Wonders of Life or Universe of Energy are current contenders...

I see no reason to be remotely optimistic about this. :(
I would've hoped it would be a retheme of Mission Space. The don't have to change much as GOTG takes place in space, and Mission:Space's surroundings are space themed. It also isn't very popular. It would be a cheap way to bring in an IP into the park.

clemmo

WDW1974 dropped the info in another thread, sounds like either Wonders of Life or Universe of Energy are current contenders...

I see no reason to be remotely optimistic about this. :(
Others including Martin have said they're slightly optimistic about some of the proposed additions... not sure if that was including knowledge of GOTG or not. Hopefully the rest of whatever is planned for this revamp is focused more on the future and not using an out of place ip. Very few can work in Epcot with the only one coming to mind really being inside out

raymusiccity

I seem to recall a proposed map of a re-imagining of Future World awhile back where FW was to be stripped of its concrete masses and replaced by lush gardens and waterfalls, similar in style to the never built WestCOT. Does anyone remember this image or have a link? It still seems like a good idea. The one negative thing about Epcot is the lack of shade anywhere and the concrete everywhere, making the park super hot on sunny days.

It can't be any hotter than the 'Studios'! My wife's least favorite park because of it's lack of shade. Toy Story expansion looks to be just as hot and open as Sunset Blvd. :-(

danlb_2000

Premium Member
But both won't be getting GotG -- just one would and the other would get something else (if it comes to it).

I'd be really happy to see WoL come back and actually house a permanent attraction (or attractions). Even if it is an IP like Inside/Out.

If WoL comes back as an attraction, they would probably need to build something else to serve as a festival center.

aaronml

But both won't be getting GotG -- just one would and the other would get something else (if it comes to it).

I'd be really happy to see WoL come back and actually house a permanent attraction (or attractions). Even if it is an IP like Inside/Out.
In theory, both would get GotG from what I know, but as it stands, only one pavilion is fully green-lit. Most likely the other pavilion will be left alone (in its current state, what ever that state may be) or leveled, and possibly converted to GotG later on.

jensenrick

Others including Martin have said they're slightly optimistic about some of the proposed additions... not sure if that was including knowledge of GOTG or not. Hopefully the rest of whatever is planned for this revamp is focused more on the future and not using an out of place ip. Very few can work in Epcot with the only one coming to mind really being inside out

I like the idea of an Inside Out attraction, but truly- it's no more in the "future" than Guardians of the Galaxy is.
Maybe less so, at least GotG takes place in space.

jensenrick

Yes, creating new things at WoL is an excellent way to revitalize Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom