News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

Even nowadays while in Tomorrowland, I always have that RCA song, Now is the Time and If you Had Wings swirling around my head...it's kind of like what was mentioned in previous posts about all the songs associated with Future World pavilions that don't really exist anymore. It's those tunes that really stay with you even 30 years later.
I think you would hear the RCA tune as you walked into Space and then the belt ramp on exit. Can't totally remember though.....
there were different variations of the song in different parts of the ride... the instrumental played on part of the entry tunnel that was the "Sound Of Tomorrow" and the vocal version was on the Speedramp out after the Home Of Future Living... Such upbeat, optimistic music... all of the attractions had! Even Carousel of Progress ended with "Have the best time of your life!" ending...would love some of that optimism today!

Rteetz

I know about the FW plans, but how definite is what you are hearing re: WSC? I know about some big stuff that *could* happen depending on how circumstances play out, but none of the officially green-lit projects are anything too big / impressive, at least not in my opinion. Have you heard otherwise? Did one of the potential big projects get officially green lit since a couple of weeks ago?
I haven't heard of anything being green lit I've only heard of things that could potentially happen depending on circumstances.

P_Radden

I hearing some new things are in the works for Epcot. New things for both future world and world showcase. I can't say much more than that.

I know about the FW plans, but how definite is what you are hearing re: WSC? I know about some big stuff that *could* happen depending on how circumstances play out, but none of the officially green-lit projects are anything too big / impressive, at least not in my opinion. Have you heard otherwise? Did one of the potential big projects get officially green lit since a couple of weeks ago?

There are aesthetic and "landscape" plans as well as bigger things.

All this secrecy!! The suspense is killing me!!

No seriously, I am more excited about a potential Epcot overhaul than anything going on at the other parks, USO included.

...Now spill the beans guys :D

Wikkler

#MakeEpcotGreatAgain
Build a wall between Future World and World Showcase
_circ.gif

yellowrocket

Me too... this song and the song from Space Mountain...I bet there are a lot of people that never even knew Space Mountain had a full theme song. Here's To The Future... Funny how years later I realize I was singing a commercial...lol RCA....Leads the way....leads the way.....

It had TWO theme songs... I remember the "We've Come So Far" versions of the theme more vividly than the "Here's to the Future". Both are spectacular, though.

note2001

I don't think you understand the concept of a science museum.
The term museum should never have been used to indicate old, stale knowledge. That was a mistake made eons ago by our ancestors. We have much to learn even from the old paintings, architecture and inventions - there is always something to learn and apply to the future.

However, since we can't go back and change the term Museum away from its current meaning to most of the modern population, how about we call it a Science Fair?

World showcase in it's own sense is a limited World's Fair. It would be nice to see Disney bring back the excitement to Future world, and invite the various countries to come show off some of their advancements. For example: Morocco could demonstrate their fog collection screens that are being used to bring fresh drinking water to the towns that otherwise would have to trek for water.

Last edited:

Bocabear

It had TWO theme songs... I remember the "We've Come So Far" versions of the theme more vividly than the "Here's to the Future". Both are spectacular, though.
We've come so far came after they discarded Here's To The Future...didn't it? That is how I remember it. and the second song didnt have lyrics as far as I remember...just an instrumental track... Well it all goes to show, the original music is part of the equation for a truly memorable experience...

ChesterKiwi

Futureworld is about the future, not the past
I somewhat disagree. I think Future World is not just about the future as we think of it. It's about the countless futures each generation has had and shaped and how those of us alive now are shaping our future. The reason Spaceship Earth takes you through the past is because each of the people of the times depicted were in our position, creating and developing for those in the future to build upon. It magnifies how far we've come and what we've been given to shape today.

/endrant

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We've come so far came after they discarded Here's To The Future...didn't it? That is how I remember it. and the second song didnt have lyrics as far as I remember...just an instrumental track... Well it all goes to show, the original music is part of the equation for a truly memorable experience...
Here's to the Future was 1975, We've Come so Far 1985 with RYCA-1.

Both had lyrics. Indeed, Foxxy recently posted a holy grail - WCSF in full including the elusive instrumental part.

clemmo

So now that GOTG is proposed for Epcot is there reason to still be fairly optimistic about this proposed revamp for the park? Will it still be centered on the future or are more ip's in order? Such an interesting and important time for the park and its future

willtravel

So now that GOTG is proposed for Epcot is there reason to still be fairly optimistic about this proposed revamp for the park? Will it still be centered on the future or are more ip's in order? Such an interesting and important time for the park and its future
I missed something. When did GOTG get proposed for Epcot? Instead of WDW it should be called IP Land...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom