News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

SteamboatJoe

There currently are. I have no idea what the long-term plan is.
Thanks. I assume they were installed to circumvent the spine construction work. Unless the goal is to funnel everyone tough the spine to drive food and merch sales, it seems logical to just keep them to help with pedestrian flow and ease of access to the marquee attractions on each respective side (Soarin' and the future GotG coaster).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thanks. I assume they were installed to circumvent the spine construction work. Unless the goal is to funnel everyone tough the spine to drive food and merch sales, it seems logical to just keep them to help with pedestrian flow and ease of access to the marquee attractions on each respective side (Soarin' and the future GotG coaster).

The new route going 'behind' Innoventions NW directly to The Sea was intended to be permanent. With NW Innoventions demo'd, the Journey of Water was supposed to replace it, leading people directly to the aquarium a good chunk of guests don't even know exists.

Right now, it's a route to bypass the hub. The hub still needs a re-imagined festival center, which is probably two years of work. Also, Journey of Water hasn't been officially nixed. So... who knows at this point. If they keep Innoventions NW, then it's going to be difficult to squeeze in the construction of Journey of Water while leaving that hub bypass open.

SteamboatJoe

The new route going 'behind' Innoventions NW directly to The Sea was intended to be permanent. With NW Innoventions demo'd, the Journey of Water was supposed to replace it, leading people directly to the aquarium a good chunk of guests don't even know exists.

Right now, it's a route to bypass the hub. The hub still needs a re-imagined festival center, which is probably two years of work. Also, Journey of Water hasn't been officially nixed. So... who knows at this point. If they keep Innoventions NW, then it's going to be difficult to squeeze in the construction of Journey of Water while leaving that hub bypass open.
Good stuff. Any insight into the intentions for the NE side?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Good stuff. Any insight into the intentions for the NE side?
EU hasn't been deconstructed, so, don't know if it will be transformed into the new restaurant, left as is, or indefinitely shuttered.
North east (so far) was always intended to be food and drink and coffee. Just with an altered layout.

Was also the post show store for Guardians until it was downgraded.

tparris

They offer lens wipes for your iPhone.
Just wait, in another 20 years it will be a full blown Apple store and SSE will be about the history of the company, with the cave scene transformed into a garage with Jobs & Wozniak tallying the number of days they’ve gone without food & water designing the Macintosh.
I went into way too much detail with that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom