News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Forget everything! The overhaul is never gonna happen. Disney does not give a care about IPCOT.

We will never get a true overhaul, not even in 10-20 years because the coronavirus is gonna last FOREVER!!!

Tell me, good prophet, since the spirit of sooth saying is upon you, the answer to this perplexing problem: will the boil on my back go away by this weekend?

The Grand Inquisitor

Forget everything! The overhaul is never gonna happen. Disney does not give a care about IPCOT.

We will never get a true overhaul, not even in 10-20 years because the coronavirus is gonna last FOREVER!!!
1593209081869.png

Kidblacksmith

I’ve been looking at these and some of bioreconstructs others posts since the shutdown to try to figure out how far construction got before everything was abandoned—can anyone tell from any of the Future World photos what was being done close to the Innoventions entrance nearest Electric Umbrella? It’s kind

No Name

I’ve been looking at these and some of bioreconstructs others posts since the shutdown to try to figure out how far construction got before everything was abandoned—can anyone tell from any of the Future World photos what was being done close to the Innoventions entrance nearest Electric Umbrella? It’s kind

It looked like they were in the process of tearing out everything except the most essential bones of the building. The break in the building that allows a path to the Mission Space side of Future World (don’t know a technical name for that) had various debris and stuff hanging down like in that Horozons photo above.

Surferboy567

I wonder how much of this will get built. I feel like a Dreamers Point will go ahead, as well as the entrance (since that is basically finished). Not sure what will happen to the “bar in the sky” maybe just an open garden area?

They need to fix that crater...anything is better then that crater.

EDIT: Haven’t heard anything about Moana...is that still on?

Homemade Imagineering

I wonder how much of this will get built. I feel like a Dreamers Point will go ahead, as well as the entrance (since that is basically finished). Not sure what will happen to the “bar in the sky” maybe just an open garden area?

They need to fix that crater...anything is better then that crater.
Oh how I wish the budget from the sky bar and journey of Water went to figment’s overhaul😭. If only they made figment their main priority of this whole overhaul... with everything going on now it seems an overhaul will never happen, not anytime soon at least...

Surferboy567

Oh how I wish the budget from the sky bar and journey of Water went to figment’s overhaul😭. If only they made figment their main priority of this whole overhaul... with everything going on now it seems an overhaul will never happen, not anytime soon at least...

I feel like it will happen...just to a much lesser extent. If I’m a betting man here is what I see happening.

Journey of Water- Budget has gone to Splash (according to others on forum)

“Bar in the sky”- Budget has gone to Splash (according to others on forum)

Guardians- Still ON (just delayed)

Rat- Still ON (basically finished)

HarmoniUS- Still ON (just delayed)

Spaceship Earth- In flux but since it’s so needed I would say still ON (just delayed)

Play!- Not really sure (considering so much work has been done going with ON)

Entrance Work- Still ON (basically finished)

Dreamers Point- ? They still have to fill the crater with something

Mary Poppins- :(

HauntedMansionFLA

I feel like it will happen...just to a much lesser extent. If I’m a betting man here is what I see happening.

Spaceship Earth- In flux but since it’s so needed I would say still ON (just delayed)

Epcot is a mess. It’s sending out an SOS.

The Grand Inquisitor

So basically the only stuff that has been canceled for Splash is Moana, the new festival center, and Mary Poppins? Honestly that's not too bad. Those additions were kinda lame. Plus I hope the Princess and the Frog ride is truly great with lots of AA's and some really great scenes.

Haymarket2008

So basically the only stuff that has been canceled for Splash is Moana, the new festival center, and Mary Poppins? Honestly that's not too bad. Those additions were kinda lame. Plus I hope the Princess and the Frog ride is truly great with lots of AA's and some really great scenes.

Have any insiders corroborated this info? Just asking, not being snarky.
(And I agree, I’d rather those problematic projects not move forward to ensure the Splash conversion is treated properly)

The Grand Inquisitor

Have any insiders corroborated this info? Just asking, not being snarky.
(And I agree, I’d rather those problematic projects not move forward to ensure the Splash conversion is treated properly)
I have no idea, I was just referring to the poster. I agree, does anyone have official confirmation? The new Princess and the Frog ride truly deserves to be good.

HauntedMansionFLA

The Festival Center was the only return of profit item. The Splash re-do shouldn’t be too extensive but the engineers who will be in charge don’t have any imagination but will spend a ton of $$$$$$

CJR

I believe the reason so many Epcot projects got cut for Splash is due to the very mixed at best reaction to them. Perhaps, they stepped back and said, "Well, if people don't really like this anyway, why move forward with it?" Fingers crossed, at least.

From the sound of things, the stuff getting cut is the stuff I believe most of hoped would get cut. Here's hoping they can find a way to salvage what's still there and work with it... plus rebuild a fountain in the middle.

co10064

Premium Member
My issue with these funds going into a SM overhaul is that these funds were originally earmarked for something NEW.

would I rather have had a new attraction in Future World than what basically amounts to cosmetic changes? absolutely. but whether I liked the proposed Epcot changes or not, I am still a firm believer that Epcot is the park that needs the most help. Magic Kingdom/Splash Mountain... not so much.

Homemade Imagineering

If they were smart they’d make Figment the main priority. @marni1971 Is it possible, with everything going on, that they’d make Figment more of a priority over something like the sky bar or Moana? Just curious, although I doubt it since it seems they have 0 interest in making it a priority. It almost seems as if they wanted it to be the last thing planned for the overhaul, which is unfortunate since it needs the most work done right after WOL did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom