News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

jt04

For anyone else reading, do not believe this. It is made up fantasy. Takes fake news to a whole new level. Some would call it lying.

Are you asking people who saw all the mold to not believe their own eyes. It was rumored Horizons was a mold issue also. I'm not saying it is the only reason, just one of the reasons.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've never heard the story. Seriously.
Horizons needed a lot of money to update it. Eisner wouldn’t greenlight it without a sponsor.
Compaq wanted to sponsor an attraction.
Disney said what about a thrill ride
Compaq said yes.
Compaq paid to remove a building that needed a lot of money spending on it, and at the same time pay for a new thrill ride. Disney got rid of an expensive problem and gained a new thrill ride in one fell swoop.

jt04

Horizons needed a lot of money to update it. Eisner wouldn’t greenlight it without a sponsor.
Compaq wanted to sponsor an attraction.
Disney said what about a thrill ride
Compaq said yes.
Compaq paid to remove a building that needed a lot of money spending on it, and at the same time pay for a new thrill ride. Disney got rid of an expensive problem and gained a new thrill ride in one fell swoop.

Thank you. Parts do sound familiar. I also know I read the building leaked and had mold but your explanation makes more sense. I will stop talking about mold now.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
The festival center alone shouldn’t be complete until 2023 or so, per people that actually know what they’re talking about.

I can't imagine that's accurate. That thing is a revenue generator and has to be a priority for management. This is clearly evident as it is the first part of the Communicore buildings that they demo'd.

In Chicago, we build 50 story skyscrapers in half that time with big-government red tape and union overlords.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom