1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by djkidkaz, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Ralphlaw

Ralphlaw Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike. I mentioned Bill Gates' TED talk a couple dozen post ago.

WDWTank likes this.
  2. RoysCabin

RoysCabin Well-Known Member

Or just any type of similar setup; I mentioned awhile ago that I've love to see space in Communicore/Innoventions dedicated to having talks/demonstrations/debates/performances/etc. with people from academia, science, the arts, and more. You could have schools come in for trips to see it, involve local colleges, or do like what some people mentioned earlier, e.g. a "baseline" ticket to an event like that and then the regular daily ticket to visit the rest of EPCOT. It'd be a nice way to distinguish the park from anywhere else in the theme park world, plus it'd give a nice excuse to resurrect the old school pavilion logos (e.g. somebody coming in to demonstrate alternative fuel sources would have a patch or tag with the Universe of Energy logo, a collegiate chamber orchestra could wear the Imagination logo, city planners debating the future of urbanism might have Horizons, diplomats in World Showcase compass logos, etc.).

Then you bring back a form of the Centorium to sell books and various odds and ends pertaining to the subjects covered. No, it wouldn't have to get rid of Mouse Gears, but it'd be something extra to tag on.

Armchair imagineering during work hours, I've got to cut back on that.

P_Radden, bcoachable, WDWTank and 2 others like this.
  3. jhendrix

jhendrix Well-Known Member

No new concrete plans for Test Track? How about some gravel or asphalt then? ;)

EricsBiscuit, A1st, maroonmol and 8 others like this.
  4. Clamman73

Clamman73 Well-Known Member

With that new Cars character...it has Test Track colors to it, so I wouldn't say a TT overlay per se...I would do something like the car you make competes against that character within the ride.

5. rushtest4echo

rushtest4echo Well-Known Member

You're going to give people coronaries with talk like this.

6. Donald96

Donald96 Well-Known Member

No chance of losing the giant canopy blocking any aesthetic appeal of the original structure and architecture?

Peter Pano, DznyRktekt and El_Tomato like this.
  7. britain

britain Well-Known Member

Has anyone yet mentioned Jim Hill saying Spain is the frontrunner for WS due to a tie-in with the upcoming set-in-Spain version of Jack & the Beanstalk, Gigantic?

8. *Q*

*Q* Well-Known Member

I think he is mostly misses but I'll never forget that he was the one with the Art of Animation scoop years before it finally happened. So he does get lucky at least every once in a while. I hope he's not this time. If the worst happens and Cars is shoehorned into Test Track I hope that means we can at least get the TRON coaster.

9. HauntedMansionFLA

HauntedMansionFLA Well-Known Member

Awesome! But that means big things coming to WorldCase instead of FutureWorld. The Rat ride, BatB and now Gigantic!

10. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Spain is not the front runner.

11. britain

britain Well-Known Member

"Ok animators, we have word that we'll have to quickly change the setting for 'Gigantic' to Rio de Janeiro. Might have to put in a few extra hours, but you can do that, right?"

El_Tomato and Princess Leia like this.
  12. Clamman73

Clamman73 Well-Known Member

Haha...I know it's blasphemy...I mean just imagine you're coming around that last corner and the on-ride audio says "Lookout Mack!" and it's Mack in his Paint The Night appearance...OK...just kidding. Let's not think about these hypotheticals... :p :angelic:

13. aladdin2007

aladdin2007 Well-Known Member

I would think test track is at the bottom of the list right now, so many other pavilions and things need attention first.

CJR likes this.
  14. marni1971

It's not even on the list I'm aware of.

15. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

When?

JenniferS likes this.
  16. WDWTank

WDWTank Well-Known Member

Test Track does not need characters :)

azox and Princess Leia like this.
  17. Ralphlaw

Ralphlaw Well-Known Member

Nothing is happening to Test Track. The current multi-multi-multi million dollar redo didn't disappear after GM hit bankruptcy, and I can't imagine that it will happen now. Chill, people. Test Track is a whopping success, and GM is again a very profitable company. Disney rarely ever does anything to mess up a whopping success. Yes, many look back fondly at attractions that were removed or overlayed, but the fact generally is that the old attraction was not as popular anymore and/or that a huge redo was needed for maintenance and age anyway. I cannot think of a single hugely popular attraction in good working order that was replaced. And don't rehash the old Horizons and World Of Motion and Wonders Of Life arguments. Those attractions had lost popularity and/or needed major maintenance rehauls anyway.

sunsetblvd26 and DDLand like this.
  18. marni1971

And whose fault was that?

EricsBiscuit, Mem11, CJR and 8 others like this.
  19. TeriofTerror

TeriofTerror Well-Known Member

If we guess the correct country will you tell us? ;)

20. Tiki Queen of Outer Space

Tiki Queen of Outer Space Well-Known Member

You make it sound like Disney cannot afford to keep up their own attractions.

CJR and RoysCabin like this.