News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

BEARSHOUSE4

I once had a product trainer at work who was an employee of GM. He said he was once assigned to WDW test track for maintenance/R&D on the ride vehicles. I remember being amazed when he quoted some numbers like how many tires they went through etc..I wonder if this still takes place with GM being closely involved?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Between Spain and Puerto Rico, which is more likely? This is assuming Brazil is in the front running.

Oh, making Puerto Rico a "national pavilion" just is a non-starter. That would open up a whole big can of political worms regarding its status as a territory and its interminable internal debate of whether to stay that way, become a US state, or become independent. So, take PR off the list.

ToTBellHop

I once had a product trainer at work who was an employee of GM. He said he was once assigned to WDW test track for maintenance/R&D on the ride vehicles. I remember being amazed when he quoted some numbers like how many tires they went through etc..I wonder if this still takes place with GM being closely involved?
Still lots of tire changes. It's the nature of the ride. Wonder if they improved this for Radiator Springs Racers.

PorterRedkey

Oh, making Puerto Rico a "national pavilion" just is a non-starter. That would open up a whole big can of political worms regarding its status as a territory and its interminable internal debate of whether to stay that way, become a US state, or become independent. So, take PR off the list.
I always thought PR was a weird choice since it is part of the United States.

RSoxNo1

Perhaps @lentesta can attest to this, but when Jim does this sort of rumor run down for the Unofficial Guide he's typically throwing out a lot of long range items. It seems historically that most of them have to do with the success of a movie tie in. Perhaps he puts it out there too early, and people forget the "if this movie hits big" caveat. That's when you get things like Lone Ranger making Jim look like he's got a bid of egg on his face (he even mentioned this on the show). On the other side of it, he had Frozen in Norway well before anyone else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Perhaps @lentesta can attest to this, but when Jim does this sort of rumor run down for the Unofficial Guide he's typically throwing out a lot of long range items. It seems historically that most of them have to do with the success of a movie tie in. Perhaps he puts it out there too early, and people forget the "if this movie hits big" caveat. That's when you get things like Lone Ranger making Jim look like he's got a bid of egg on his face (he even mentioned this on the show). On the other side of it, he had Frozen in Norway well before anyone else.

Doesn't this mean that if you think every big movie coming up the pike is going to do gangbusters and predict a big presence of that movie in the park that you'll always be right if the movie is really big and be off when the movie doesn't do well? In that case, how is Jim's predictions any different than "if the movie does really well, it will get a park presence!"?

RSoxNo1

Doesn't this mean that if you think every big movie coming up the pike is going to do gangbusters and predict a big presence of that movie in the park that you'll always be right if the movie is really big and be off when the movie doesn't do well? In that case, how is Jim's predictions any different than "if the movie does really well, it will get a park presence!"?

There's generally a bit more to the actual source of the info, but your point is still valid.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
It's pretty obvious by Jim Hill's mentioning and Martin's (and others) dismissing that it is 1. Brazil and 2. Spain. I am pretty sure Jim didn't pull that out of his backside. I know he is inconsistent but I don't think he pushes anything that he doesn't believe to be true.

tribbleorlfl

JH used to be a lot more reliable with his scoops in the late 90's, when his time with the mouse was more recent. I think now, many of his contact have either moved on or just don't want to funnel any more Intel to him for fear or reprisal. Most of his updates now are just well-read conjecture.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
IMG_4371.JPG
IMG_4374.jpg
Signage is already going around!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom