News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Matt_Black

This is one of the parts of the renovation I'm most excited for. The WS besides Frozen rarely ever gets much love (though I guess its the same for a lot of Epcot). I'd love to see some of the old plans resurrected like the gondola boat ride in Italy and the Rhine river cruise, though i'm sure they'll go the ip route.

Didn't they have gondola boats in the WS lagoon for short trips at one point? I could have sworn I remember something like that....

Haymarket2008

This is one of the parts of the renovation I'm most excited for. The WS besides Frozen rarely ever gets much love (though I guess its the same for a lot of Epcot). I'd love to see some of the old plans resurrected like the gondola boat ride in Italy and the Rhine river cruise, though i'm sure they'll go the ip route.

What I would give to see the Rhine River Cruise and the Japan omnimover come to fruition. But it's definitely going to go IP. Despite me being an Epcot purist, some IP driven ideas in World Showcase do excite me. A gorgeous Mulan dark ride in China could be something that would both entertain and educate, if done properly. But on the flip side, IP's like Tangled in Germany or Big Hero 6 in Japan do not fit at all. Aesthetically or culturally.

clemmo

What I would give to see the Rhine River Cruise and the Japan omnimover come to fruition. But it's definitely going to go IP. Despite me being an Epcot purist, some IP driven ideas in World Showcase do excite me. A gorgeous Mulan dark ride in China could be something that would both entertain and educate, if done properly. But on the flip side, IP's like Tangled in Germany or Big Hero 6 in Japan do not fit at all. Aesthetically or culturally.
I actually agree with that I don't hate the idea of any ip coming to WS just ones that don't fit like Frozen. Rat would actually fit imo because you can easily tell throughout the move they're in Paris. Same with Mulan and China. BH6 is in Sanfransokyo so that is clearly not a real city in the real Japan. Tangled to me is a lot like Frozen inspired by a particular place but not really referenced in the actual movie itself.

SCOTLORR

Is there any chance that the Mt. Fuji ride that was originally planned for the park could come to fruition in these changes to the park? Of anything that was ever supposed to come to the parks and didn't end up coming, this is by far the most disappointing to me.

RoysCabin

I actually agree with that I don't hate the idea of any ip coming to WS just ones that don't fit like Frozen. Rat would actually fit imo because you can easily tell throughout the move they're in Paris. Same with Mulan and China. BH6 is in Sanfransokyo so that is clearly not a real city in the real Japan. Tangled to me is a lot like Frozen inspired by a particular place but not really referenced in the actual movie itself.

What brings me down about it is that, after Frozen in Norway, I think we can be certain that none of the ideas likely being proposed right now will do anything to actually highlight the cultures/nations they'd be paired with. Three Caballeros is not at all a perfect ride in Mexico, but at the very least the characters are essentially showing us a travelog of Mexico (which works a bit, given how the original Three Caballeros movie was essentially a Latin America travelog); if Frozen is any indication of what we can expect going forward, it's unlikely we'll be getting, say, a ride using French or German Disney characters where they highlight French or German culture, rather we're likely looking at more and more Fantasyland style rides.

As somebody who even as a little kid was never all that enamored with Fantasyland (certainly never disliked it, just was never at the top of my "want to do" list), it's disheartening.

DinoInstitute

Is there any chance that the Mt. Fuji ride that was originally planned for the park could come to fruition in these changes to the park? Of anything that was ever supposed to come to the parks and didn't end up coming, this is by far the most disappointing to me.
No insider here, but I'm gonna go ahead and say no based on how it seems WS only has IPs in its future :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

clemmo

Kind of hard to believe they want all of this done by the MK 50th. If they really plan for this to be very extensive and include multiple pavilions in FW and WS, then they better announce a ton at D23 or before and get moving asap due to their speed or lack thereof.

bhg469

Kind of hard to believe they want all of this done by the MK 50th. If they really plan for this to be very extensive and include multiple pavilions in FW and WS, then they better announce a ton at D23 or before and get moving asap due to their speed or lack thereof.
I just don't see it as a possibility at all, unless walls go up today in most places. They just don't move that fast. Meanwhile they have huge additions in the works already.

Bocabear

I just don't see it as a possibility at all, unless walls go up today in most places. They just don't move that fast. Meanwhile they have huge additions in the works already.
they have been building a gazebo at the Flame Tree BBQ in the Animal Kingdom for close to 6 months now and it's not completed...lol At that speed we are going to get a banner at the turnstiles for the 50th...lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom