News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DinoInstitute

I'd kinda like to know where it is as well. I have never seen anything like that in WDW. Why would anyone put a photo machine in WDW when they have all those photographers to keep busy. Then the chairs, just in a random spot. Curious minds need to know. Are we being conned?
Tweet says it's near Character Spot in Innoventions.

ChesterKiwi

But what does Michael Jackson have to do with any of this?
Ah. Captain EO.

I'm a huge fan of Captain EO and I think while the message was lost on many people, the link to its pavilion and the overarching message of Epcot was entirely there. Now, for some you might think this is a complete stretch but I think it's close to the intention. The theme created specifically for the film, We Are Here to Change the World, is basically is conveying the message that with the power of imagination and creativity, people have the power to change the world. With his creativity through the work of imagination in music and dance, EO was able to completely change a desolate wasteland into a thriving beautiful planet. The "power" he has is essentially the power of that creativity. So I don't think it was off the mark by that much.

At least that's what I think. You can disagree but that's always how I've viewed it.

ChesterKiwi

I thought the second song was just as relevant. And considering that Canada was right around the corner, you might say that:

"We are here to change the world" - Future World
"You're just another part of me." - World Showcase
I wasn't saying it wasn't. I just didn't focus on it because it's not really the backbone theme, ya know. :p

But I get what you're saying. I agree...but maybe the World Showcase is a little bit of a stretch haha.

Stripes

Does anybody else get the impression that all these recent developments are for/leading up to something bigger than just "the 50th"? IDK, just speculation on my part.

BrianLo

Does anybody else get the impression that all these recent developments are for/leading up to something bigger than just "the 50th"? IDK, just speculation on my part.

More the case of them realizing what a disaster they've let WDW slowly become. Unfortunately, how out of touch they feel the parks are compared to their recent film successes. Finally, higher ups acknowledging the stagnation before it turns into a Paris situation.

Staggs was also useless and couldn't get anything of merit approved to save his life.

A lot of recent shake ups with Management on both the suit and WDI side - now we are seeing the result. For better or worse.

The 50th is just an excuse to get things in motion that should have been dealt with 5-10-15 years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom