Big changes coming to Annual Passes

Tony the Tigger

The lower level parking addition is nice, but on the flipside, many families would just get one pass with parking and the rest the cheaper one, so it still works out to be a pretty hefty price increase. To the friends that endless complain about having no money, but still manage to go to Disney (and buy drinks) every weekend, enjoy!

What they didn't tell you is while the parking is free, the tram will now cost five dollars each way. ;):mad::confused:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Well obviously they are increasing prices because they are going to be paying their cast members more.... i mean that's got to be it since cast members are the one that really create the whole Disney experience. .... right???
TWDC has no problem punching their loyal customers in the gut and telling them its magic, so they definitely have no problem treating their CM's similar to Nepalese migrant workers for Qatars new world cup stadium.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I hadn't thought about this issue until now. We go with 6 people. All of our MB are linked so I always get all the photos on my memory maker.
When we go in April, 2 of us will have AP and the other 4 will not. does that mean that one of the 2 with AP need to be in the ride vehicle for us to get the photos downloaded?
meaning, we usually split up and take the kids to different (age appropriate for each) rides, but we get all the photos because we're linked. now one of the APs has to be present? if we ride behind each other in Test Track, we have to remember to divide up so one is in each car? that's crazy!
Couldn't you just scan your band at the end of the ride on the other vehicles picture? I think all rides have touch points, except for Seven Dwarf Mine Train. Just remember, the Automatic PP does not come on existing APs, just the Gold and Platinum Passes purchase October 4 and going forward. You can upgrade existing passes.

NeedMoreMickey

I've read that the photo pass feature has been added to active APs now.. but can't confirm.

On a related note.. how would it work if we get AP, and travel with people that don't.. will the photo pass (is it different than the new memory maker?) be linked to the reservation so the entire group can take advantage, or will it be just for the AP?

(Sorry if this has been asked/answered, but I haven't read through the 27 pages)

This exactly what I was wondering. I've read most of the responses but I still don't know if Photo Pass is the same as Memory Maker. Did anyone respond to your question.

flynnibus

Premium Member
How so? Tickets and dining having nothing to do with DVC. DVC is for rooms. The increase in ticket price and tiw stink but it doesn't change the price I paid for my room until 2060. When your rate for your room goes up every year mine doesn't. Maybe I don't buy an AP next year but again that is outside of room rates

But if you want to enjoy why you bought a Disney timeshare... You'll be paying disney park ticket prices quite regularly... That's his point.

aladdin2007

Lifers will defend a pile of poo if Disney left it there. But the goal of this hike is as you said, to decrease AP crowd. Disney wants more money spent in the parks and they will get it one way or another.

I believe it, also this way if it leads to less passholders, Disney can cop out and cheap out and not bother with upkeep and updates as much and save costs and less complaints. Details are continually being done away with and or altered and or outright stale attractions. The tourists and foreigners who spend dont seem to care as much about these things that so many have a passion and love for, so Disney wins. All Disney cares about anymore is turning the parks into malls, and booze events. And a few posts back someone mentioned Walt Disney World is becoming less and less Disney all the time it seems, I feel that way too sadly.

note2001

But if you want to enjoy why you bought a Disney timeshare... You'll be paying disney park ticket prices quite regularly... That's his point.
We can't assume to know why any one person bought a DVC timeshare, and certainly can't group all owners together in the same group.
I'm 100% certain there are DVC owners out there who bought in for the resorts themselves and not the parks. ;)

PhotoDave219

Disney doesn't want passholders. They want guests to come here once and drop seven to $10,000.

They're not interested in the passholder that keeps coming back every single year and dropping $3000. Of course over a lifetime… That adds up.

They want guests to show up, I think it's the best thing since sliced bread, say they have a wonderful time, and to go away.

hopemax

This exactly what I was wondering. I've read most of the responses but I still don't know if Photo Pass is the same as Memory Maker. Did anyone respond to your question.

I forget where I read it now, here or DIS. But someone confirmed with Disney that it is not exactly the same. The person with the AP with photopass MUST be the MB/ticket scanned. Or if you are wanting a ride picture, only the vehicle with the AP holder will get the free download. Not a problem for ToT, you are going to be in the same elevator. But for something like Buzz, only the picture with the AP person will have a free download, not other members of your party who may be in the vehicle behind, or in front of you.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Disney doesn't want passholders. They want guests to come here once and drop seven to $10,000.

They're not interested in the passholder that keeps coming back every single year and dropping $3000. Of course over a lifetime… That adds up.

They want guests to show up, I think it's the best thing since sliced bread, say they have a wonderful time, and to go away.
Idiotic. You think they don't want repeat guests?

nerdboyrockstar

I forget where I read it now, here or DIS. But someone confirmed with Disney that it is not exactly the same. The person with the AP with photopass MUST be the MB/ticket scanned. Or if you are wanting a ride picture, only the vehicle with the AP holder will get the free download. Not a problem for ToT, you are going to be in the same elevator. But for something like Buzz, only the picture with the AP person will have a free download, not other members of your party who may be in the vehicle behind, or in front of you.

Couldn't they just scan the other pictures they want attached to their account from other vehicles?

AndyGator

I renewed my FL AP for $485 in january. The same ticket will now cost $549. However, my dividend check is now $4 instead of $2.

Are these increases subsidizing all the new ridiculous DVC builds? Or the big dig in downtown disney? I mean, did they have to tear down all the old shops and restaurants to make new shops and restaurants? Its essentially the same thing.

The other sad part is the Company spent $1 Billion on the magic band FastPass+ system, which has its benefits. But its not worth an extra $60+ and all the advanced planning required. Forget about going on Soarin' and Test Track unless you get to the park at 9 a.m. .

New Fantasyland? Waste of money. That Seven Dwarves coaster is boring and short, and impossible to get a FP for on short notice. A new restaurant, a fancy meet n great, and a dark ride. Whoopdy doo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom