Big changes coming to Annual Passes

note2001

Its not. Its sarcasm. Its bad enough that fp+ has made the lines unbareable at attractions that once had little or no wait. Outside of reserving 3 attractions for one park fp+ has not dramatically enhanced my vacation.

Phew - thank you - hard to read sarcasm on the web.

I agree that our trips inside the parks have not improved since the addition of the bracelets. Even the FP lines are slow.

PhotoDave219

Remember that survey from a couple of months ago that asked if you would be willing to pay more for a less miserably crowded park?

So now they are actively trying to run off paying customers. Why? Because they have proudly refused to invest to keep up with demand for close to 2 decades.

What do these geniuses get paid? That kind of arrogance would bankrupt most companies.

First thing I thought of.

Now I'm scrambling to get a pair of park Hoppers before the next price increase comes down the pipeline.

Anyone who thinks that this is anything other than the tip of the iceberg is flat out deluding themselves

Lord_Helmut

All things come to an end....

And for me it was Oct 4th, 2015. Congratulations Disney, you may still see me every once in a while, but days of buying an AP, then scheduling two trips on an AP, generally on the ever shrinking 'off' season are now over. Now, I will be much more focused on spending one or two days, most likely skipping at least two parks (hell maybe all three) that continue to offer walled off attractions, or removing more than installing (looking at you Epcot), or the Zoo with a roller coaster (yeah that's you AK), and taking in other parks(Uni/Sea World/Legoland) or activities (beaches/fishing/diving).

Even with DVC - the additional of blackout dates (which I most likely wouldn't want to go anyway) leaves me with an especially unpleasant bitter taste. If the message is 'we couldn't find any other way to control crowds, except to push prices to 'ludicrous' well, by all means you have succeed. I fail to see how this change benefits anyone.

It is also hard to see how this doesn't also play in to more guests feeling 'entitled' since 'I paid so much for this'. Part of the reason I go (generally several times in a year) with the AP, is not to have the theme park deathmarch, but so I don't feel I have to get everything in, standing in the ever increasing standby lines due to (credit to Marni) My Minus- program. I know if I even just wanted to go in to get a citrus swirl (yeah, thanks for moving that too) I'm not blowing the $50 to $120 cost of a daily ticket.

I had been considering adding DVC points, to cover added stays vs. staying at on property rooms. That's off the table too...

As was cited in Marni1971's post, 'Livid' doesn't seem to cover it. Last I checked, not many folks disposable income has gone up by the percentages that the ticket prices have... looks like I'd have to work AT Disney, in order to VISIT Disney.

KeeKee

Remember that survey from a couple of months ago that asked if you would be willing to pay more for a less miserably crowded park?

So now they are actively trying to run off paying customers. Why? Because they have proudly refused to invest to keep up with demand for close to 2 decades.

What do these geniuses get paid? That kind of arrogance would bankrupt most companies.
Agree with you about the arrogance of this company. It's breath taking. If they are trying to thin the herd with this outrageous price increase, I'm willing to help them out. Between having to have my belongings searched like I'm a criminal upon entry to "the happiest place on earth" (even having my lunch disassembled and groped) and overcrowded conditions (close the gates when you reach a certain level, anyone?), and overpriced food, and now this...

note2001

I had been considering adding DVC points, to cover added stays vs. staying at on property rooms. That's off the table too...

I was just thinking this same thing. I've been actively saving with the intention of buying a second contract. I think it's more than the prices and tiering that are driving me away from wanting to visit every year, they're just the tipping point for me. The real issue is that all my favorite things are being discontinued or cut back witn no magical replacements: no OSL after this year, Animation academy has gotten the axe, Innovations is basically dead, the stores (don't laugh, I love shopping), product wise still all look like mirror copies of each other.

I think my puny 160 contract will be plenty to go once every 3 years.

Sonconato

Here's some math: loyalty = get kicked in the face; Iger + his minions = ruthless.
AP rates go way up and the cast members' meal service was changed in January so they only pay a few dollars less than guests. Also now, with the new "refurbishment" of Pecos Bill, it costs $12.99 for a (very) small sized burrito.

Mouse Trap

Here's some math: loyalty = get kicked in the face; Iger + his minions = ruthless.
AP rates go way up and the cast members' meal service was changed in January so they only pay a few dollars less than guests. Also now, with the new "refurbishment" of Pecos Bill, it costs $12.99 for a (very) small sized burrito.

It's all about the fact most AP holders don't spend enough money in the parks. I'll admit I go to EPCOT with friends often and we just walk around, talk and enjoy the atmosphere. You think Disney is happy we don't have a $50 drink tab to go along with that? Probably not.

I'm going back to DL in January and after hotel, food, tickets I'll be paying much, much more in a week at DL then I do all year at WDW. THAT is what Disney likes to see. More money, less time is the target market here.

Oh, did I mention I'll be enjoying my week at DL much, much more than my year(s) at WDW? Such a better experience.

lostpro9het

My family and I have been AP's for 7 straight years and nobody in my family received such email.
We just got it too. Here is what it said:

October 4, 2015

Thank you for being a Walt Disney World® Passholder!

Today we are introducing a new portfolio of Passes that has been designed to offer a wider variety of options and entitlements to best fit the needs of our Passholders. As a valued Guest and frequent visitor to Walt Disney World Resort, we want you to be among the first to know about these program enhancements.

Rest assured that your current Pass has not changed and your existing benefits will remain valid through your Pass's expiration date. When it is time for you to renew, you will have a new set of Pass options that offer great flexibility and value to enjoy our Walt Disney World Theme Parks, and even some new benefits!

Please remember, your current Pass has not changed and your existing benefits remain valid through your Pass's expiration date. And because you're an existing Passholder, when your Pass does expire, you will be able to purchase any of these new Pass options at a special Passholder renewal rate – of up to 15% savings†!

The upcoming year will be an exciting one at Walt Disney World Resort, with new Star Wars™ experiences at Disney's Hollywood Studios® and new nighttime entertainment debuting at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park this spring. We sincerely hope you are enjoying your current experience, and will continue to join us for another year as a valued Walt Disney World Passholder.

Sincerely,
Your Walt Disney World Passholder Program Friends

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom