Big changes coming to Annual Passes

disney4life2008

I'm a local and I'm very aware of that. Even so I didn't care about the crowds, it was the drunk people everywhere acting like teenagers that bothered me.

I am sorry but looking at 40 or older year old women and men get so wasted where they are acting like its rush week at a university is absolutely ridiculous. The entire world showcase was drunks and the people in the 18 to 35 age was worse!

PhotoDave219

That would be the faceless goons in Burbank though. George is just a GM of WDW Resort. When things go wrong he is the fallout guy...

There's plenty of blame to go around.

I disagree. I think they want more locals to go gold and silver. They don't want them on site for the peak days taking up space that out of town guests could be. Those guests spend a lot more money.

They don't want locals or people that ride TTA 1000 times in a year for that very reason.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I am sorry but looking at 40 or older year old women and men get so wasted where they are acting like its rush week at a university is absolutely ridiculous. The entire world showcase was drunks and the people in the 18 to 35 age was worse!
Well, this is something I probably either ignore or choose not to see, just like tour groups. I've had exactly ONE run in with a tour group that impacted me as a long term memory, and that was 2013 when they couldn't figure out how FP+ worked (during testing)...and mobbed the FP+ line.

As far as drunk 40 somethings, frankly, they have never bothered me, and the closer I get to 40 something myself, they bother me even less. They have money to spend, and tend to keep to themselves. I've not seen them running around acting like asshats...but, I suppose others have.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
If you don't have a kid, or don't care about them, then you are correct. I want those pictures. My kid is 11 as of yesterday. She is rapidly growing into a young adult, and I want those memories...

Yes because not wanting a thousand pics means I don't love my kids. Don't think being condescending makes you right. But since you don't seem to grasp the basics of my point. If you are a person who normally uses Memory Maker and its $169 price, it's an okay deal. But if you happen to have photography skills and feel $169 is a waste. It's not a deal. It's a price increase. If you live close enough to go every weekend or so, you obvously wouldn't buy Memory Maker either.

This is a price increase because the perception of the deal is greater to people who already over pay for it.

As for me who has 4 kids and been going to WDW yearly (if not thrice yearly), I take my own photos with maybe one or two photopass pics per trip. I make my memories with my kids and don't need $169 worth of photos to have memories with my kids. I participate in the memories. :)

notnothin

I didn't see it listed in this thread but the Premier dual coast pass is still in existence for anyone who can make use of it. You get the top level pass at each park including parking and Photopass for $1439 (plus tax on the Florida portion of the ticket.) I was worried they had discontinued it with all these changes but it's still there, just much higher priced.

Makes sense given the increase DL APs saw this morning.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes because not wanting a thousand pics means I don't love my kids. Don't think being condescending makes you right. But since you don't seem to grasp the basics of my point. If you are a person who normally uses Memory Maker and its $169 price, it's an okay deal. But if you happen to have photography skills and feel $169 is a waste. It's not a deal. It's a price increase. If you live close enough to go every weekend or so, you obvously wouldn't buy Memory Maker either.

This is a price increase because the perception of the deal is greater to people who already over pay for it.

As for me who has 4 kids and been going to WDW yearly (if not thrice yearly), I take my own photos with maybe one or two photopass pics per trip. I make my memories with my kids and don't need $169 worth of photos to have memories with my kids. I participate in the memories. :)
Er...I wasn't being condescending. You misunderstood...when I said "you don't care about them", I meant the pictures, not your kids. But I can see how you misread that, my bad.

But, you are more than welcome to manufacture offense if it makes you feel better.

Memory Maker / PhotoPass never took a thousand pictures of anything for me...and in the past I've not paid it (as I said, traditionally, I don't get it).

To me, it is a value IF you factor the ride photos and dining experiences that it involves.

Nice job being offended over a comment, keep that up. It will make you quite popular.

culturenthrills

I think the pass holders will renew, probay more than 90%. I see most of them going gold or lower. Disney wants those black out days open for non regular guests it seems.

I think they are finally doing at WDW what they did at DL a few years ago. Jacking up prices enough to get people to drop down to black out date passes. Screwing over out of state people who would come in the off season periods and buy a lower tier pass.

All this is due to the fact of years of not updating the parks has caused MK to not be able to handle the crowds. So this is their answer. Also still gotta make all that MM+ money back.

I'm gonna have to do some serious thinking about renewing in December. The price increases the last few years have been insane.

Mike C

The lower level parking addition is nice, but on the flipside, many families would just get one pass with parking and the rest the cheaper one, so it still works out to be a pretty hefty price increase. To the friends that endless complain about having no money, but still manage to go to Disney (and buy drinks) every weekend, enjoy!

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
So when I had the full annual passes in the past, it included parking but I don't live in Florida. Was this a Florida pass thing?

Mouse Trap

My ticket would be "silver" now and imo, the $60 increase for parking is worth it and I wouldn't be caught dead working for Disney (without a 6 figure paycheck). I'm regretting renewing when I did. I pay for parking at least 4 times a year, which is going to be more than $60 now. For literally everyone else, this is an awful deal.

If you've lived in Florida for years it only takes an ounce of creativity to figure out how to bypass paying for parking. I learned this very quickly when I was making minimum wage paying my way through college, but this is something I absolutely do not advocate and we can't talk about on these forums.

My point is a big number of people probably look at added parking as a waste for a variety of reasons. Either one person in the family buys a pass with free parking and everyone else gets the cheaper alternative, or you get "creative".

asianway

We will in a few years. We've a cruise and DLP first, and were seriously looking at Tokyo again. Where you get value for money and they don't charge extortionate prices.
You know why Tokyo is a great value? They don't give the store away after day 7. You pay a fair price to get in every day, and 4 days should be enough to tide you over.

WDW was never meant for "my 5th trip"

Cosmic Commando

Okay, can someone help me with this: My hubby and I just moved to Florida a few weeks ago and we just purchased our Passholders this past Friday evening. Thing is we didn't know changes were coming to the program and when we went to the Disney World website to order it was still showing the older version of passholders and we picked the one we wanted and we've got contracts too. Ours is for the one that seems to now be called the "Disney Platinum Pass" because it has everything mentioned except for the Photopass that's now in the newer version (which we don't need because we take our own photos.) The ones we purchased are called "Annual Pass Exchange."

Now I come onto the website this morning and everybody's saying that the system has been updated.

What I need to know is do we get to use these passholders that we bought for the whole year and get all the stuff we're promised through our contracts or do we have to upgrade to the newer version now and pay the difference? I am thinking no because we have contracts that we printed out complete with the down payment and monthly payments started but if so, do any of you know?

I mean if it turns out that Disney's system had a glitch and it was supposed to have shown us the newer update, that's not our fault. And these contracts are legit. It would make sense to me if we do get to keep our contracts and use them and then when next October comes we renew and then we would have to pick from this new system that's started but I wonder.

Does anybody know?
If your voucher says it's for the old kind, I assume you'll get the old kind. It's the same way you can buy vouchers for tickets before prices go up and turn in those vouchers without paying the gate price that day. At least that would make the most sense.

disney4life2008

If you've lived in Florida for years it only takes an ounce of creativity to figure out how to bypass paying for parking. I learned this very quickly when I was making minimum wage paying my way through college, but this is something I absolutely do not advocate and we can't talk about on these forums.

My point is a big number of people probably look at added parking as a waste for a variety of reasons. Either one person in the family buys a pass with free parking and everyone else gets the cheaper alternative, or you get "creative".

Working at ucf i have heard the lenghts students and employees go to avoid paying for parking at disney lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom