Biergarten?

minnie64

Original Poster
Ok this is my last question i swear lol :lookaroun
I know that biergarden is a German resturant but do they offer American foods on the buffet or just German? Would you guys recomend this place? Im just looking to try something a little different for a change

Phonedave

Ok this is my last question i swear lol :lookaroun
I know that biergarden is a German resturant but do they offer American foods on the buffet or just German? Would you guys recomend this place? Im just looking to try something a little different for a change

It's German, but it's not German-German. You are not going to find fleishlalad or liberkaske on the buffet. It's sauerbraten, spetzle (dumplings), wursts (and none too "outlandish" like blutwurst) sauerjraut. There are also a bunch of sides. There is also - I believe - turkey and roast pork.

There is nothing like mac and cheese, or hamburgers or fried chicken legs if that is what you are looking for, but there should be stuff for all but the most picky of eaters.

I am sure Steve has a menu around here somewhere.

Yep, there it is

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Biergarten/Menus/01Oct2007-Biergarten-menu.htm

-dave

sweetpee_1993

I love the warm kraut! So many of the Biergarten dishes remind me of the stuff my Gramma cooks. MMMmmmm.... can we say "comfort food"? :slurp:

bennyw01

I love the warm kraut! So many of the Biergarten dishes remind me of the stuff my Gramma cooks. MMMmmmm.... can we say "comfort food"? :slurp:

my gramma is a kraut so i get kraut quite often with a little bit of frickelden goes down a treat! but the garten compared to a full on german meal is a tad more neutral and family friendly food.

minnie2000

We went for lunch there one day last summer, because it was the only place we could get in. My husband and I used to live in Germany, so we were looking forward to it. We have 2 daughters, and one is really fussy with food, but they both enjoyed it, and we all loved the entertainment.

My youngest daughter loved the leek and potato soup, and had about three bowls, and then hit the buffet. My eldest daughter, the fussy one, had potatoes and schnitzel (pork in breadcrumbs) and said it was delicious.

brkgnews

Highly recommended. I go there almost every trip, only missing it if there's literally no time to do it. As far as non-German fare, there is usually a rotisserie chicken, plus a few roasted meats, mac and cheese, some roasted potatoes, etc.

Of course, neglect the mac-n-cheese, because they have spaetzle-and-cheese. :slurp:

Pooh'sBuddy

I highly recommend the biergarten on all accounts. My hubby and I loved the food and the boys ate, too. Our 4 yr old loved the schnitzel, the sausage and a few other dishes, and our 2 year old ate some but enough (of course, he was free). They had a roast beef station, which I wasn't expecting. We had the beer sampler - it was great. The desserts were tasty, too. mmmm... black forest cake.

Our hosts and waitress were so genuinely friendly. I could listen to them talk for hours. The atmosphere was great. We taught our 4 year old some of the German phrases on their coloring page which he practiced with our waitress.

The band was fantastic. "In heaven, there is no beer. That's why we drink it here...." :ROFLOL:

I can see us going back next time.

Phonedave

My grandfather used to make his own sauerkraut from home grown cabbage.

Then he would flavor it with, among other things, gin.

It was a meal in and of itself.

-dave

Phonedave

I heard that the food is bad, but the atomosphere is some of the best in WDW. Does this hold true?

The atmosphere is great. Be aware that tables seat 8 and you will be seated with others if you do not fill a table. Some people have a problem with that. Other than that it replicates an oudoor biergarten at dusk, with live bands and other intertainment in the center of the room. The tables are tiered, so everyone gets a view.

I think the food is good. As I said before, it's Americanized German food. For example, schnitzel is not just pork cutlet in breadcrumbs. A schnitzel is a bonless meat cutlet (usualy veal). There are all kinds of schnitzel. Naturschnitzel is "natural" schnitzel - no breading. Jagerschnitzel is "hunter style" with a hunter sauce. Vienerschnitzel is the breaded veal cutlet they serve at Biergaten and is what most Americans associate with "schnitzel" (there is a pork schnitzel, but I forget what its called)

So yes, the atmosphere is great. But, no, the food is not bad. It is quite tasty Americanized German food.

-dave

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I am so excited to be trying this for the first time this summer!!! I'm a picky eater (or so I have been told!) and I found a lot on the menu! :lol:

misscritta

I thought the food was good and the atmosphere was GREAT! My husband didn't care much for the food, but he loved the band & the interior of the restaurant. I could eat for days on just sauerkraut, bratwurst, & beer, so I was :).

(BTW, Hi. I'm new.)

BikerJim

I love the Biergarten. The service is always good and friendly. I like to start with a litre of the Dark Beer, Sparten Optimater. It gets me into the mood. There are two salad stations, they will have 1 or 2 different items.
One soup, potato-leek, at this time, it changes every so often. The main food bars (2) are the same; brats w/kraut, meatballs, red kraut, chicken,
schnitzel, salmon and potatos are on the lunch menu with a slight change for dinner.
The carving station has Pork Roast & German Meatloaf (?) cut to order.
A new favorite dish has a layer of pork shoulder, a layer of kraut with mashed potatos on top. It's good, just hope someone doesn't take all the mashed off the top. (It has happened)
The the deserts, you must put the vanilla sauce on the warm apple strudle. If it's not warm wait a few minutes and a warm 1 will be out.
I go there almost every week, I love a good buffet.:xmas:

Lucky

I agree - the atmosphere, food, beer and service are all excellent at Biergarten. It's a buffet, so don't expect gourmet food. But the desserts are terrific, and their are many choices as at all disney buffets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom