Bibbidy Bobbity Boutique Question

MysticalMitch

I am going to Disneyworld in Orlando last year and was very excited about visiting the Bibbidy Bobbity Boutique. However, I was too shy to ask for a princess makeover when I saw no other boys getting makeovers and left.

However, all year, I've been working up courage and am going to Disneyworld again to get my dream princess makeover in Downtown Disney. Just so I am sure, do they turn men into princesses too? Is age a limitation; especially if you are over 40?

Thanks.

nibblesandbits

I don't think guys can get the princess packages done, however, I do know they have a boys package available. For boys (or men) they can have their hair cut at the salon and are offered a "Cool Dude" package with colored gels and a Mickey stencil. Don't know if this helps.

From All Ears:

AllEars said:
COOL DUDE: includes Hair Style, Colored Gels/Sparkles, Mickey Stencil: $10.00 (no tax on this service)

Oh, and there is no age limit. You can be an adult and get your hair done.

Upvote 0

kbmum

However, all year, I've been working up courage and am going to Disneyworld again to get my dream princess makeover in Downtown Disney. Just so I am sure, do they turn men into princesses too? Is age a limitation; especially if you are over 40?

Why not call them directly and ask? I think the number is (407) WDW-STYLE (939-7895).

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Keep in mind that you'll have to make an appointment, so you could just call and ask. I highly doubt they'd turn you away, though you still may be the only one there.
It's worth a try! :wave:
There's also the barber shop on Main St. They'll cut your hair, color it, and give you a sprinkle of pixie dust. No appointment necessary (last I knew.)

Upvote 0

bigtotoro

I may do that as a surprise. Well actually, the whole thing was a surprise until a few weeks ago. She still doesn't know about the MVMCP, the reservations at V&A, the reservations at Cali Grill, the Sleigh Ride at Wilderness...and now this.

Upvote 0
There is no age limit on the make over (hair,nails,make up). However no adults may were costumes in the park.

How exactly does one define a costume... I mean once went to see a person dressed as a doctor, he even had an office and diploma on the wall... but truth be told I would have had a better chance of getting properly treated going to see anyone wearing a white coat on the street.... Isn't the whole costume thing more about not wanting someone not paid by Disney to go running around dressed as Cinderella or Mickey Mouse?

I seriously doubt anyone even my 5 year old would mistake some guy wearing a blue dress as Cinderella.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

MysticalMtitch I think that if you are brave enough to get a "princess" makeover and you are paying for it then they should do it. If there is no age limit , I am sure there is nothing that says "for girls only" because that would be discrimination. There is no harm in asking!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I may do that as a surprise. Well actually, the whole thing was a surprise until a few weeks ago. She still doesn't know about the MVMCP, the reservations at V&A, the reservations at Cali Grill, the Sleigh Ride at Wilderness...and now this.

Well, maybe she should know about V&A. When I was married, I took my (then) wife to V&A for our 10th anniversery. It was only when I saw her packing that I realized I had better let her know that she has to pack a dinner dress and shoes. That sort of let the kitty out of the burlap so to speak :D

-dave

Upvote 0

celticdog

When we were there in September, there were a few boys getting makeovers. Now, they weren't as elaborate as the girls. You really need to have long hair to get the full effect. But I saw quite a few boys with glitter and paint in their hair. Unfotunately, it looks kinda odd. Most boys can't leave their hair alone, so they end up messing it up quickly.

Upvote 0

Gorjus

Just to clarify, joke post or not,

the age for BBB is 3 and older. No cap at the top.

The BBB does NOT cut hair. They style hair, apply make up, and decorate nails

In order to get your hair styled, it helps to have enough hair that can bunched into some sort of pony tail at the top. Males usually don't, so that is why they get the cool dude look.

There is also no upper age limit on the Cool Dude look.

The barber shop on Main St does an exagerated version of the cool dude look.

And a tip for mom's: Please do not lie about your daughter's age so she can get her make-over. It is always the 2 and a half year olds whose mom's lie, that throw the fits, get stubborn, cry, have to sit on mom's lap while it is being done, won't let people touch them. Or, if they don't do that, they rat their mom's out. "Hi princess _______, How old are you?" "TWO!!" Mom: "She just had a birthday she doesn't remember to say three" There is a reason the minimum age is 3. Part of it is so they will remember it. It should be for the child, not the mom living through her child.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Gojus, you've obviously spent time around little kids. Lol! If you don't want the world to know something, don't say it in front of your children. Lol! I gave up on having them fib about their age a looooong time ago. Besides, it's like the school thing, it just doesn't seem like the right message to send my kids that it's okay to lie to get what you want.

I'm 33 and I'd love to have a makeover! I never went to a dance in school, no proms, very small wedding, etc. I've never had the chance to dress up and be the princess. This is probably why I want so badly to renew my vows at WDW...in full wedding attire with my boys walking with me (in lieu of a bouquet). It's my princess dream. Of course, it'll cost a bit more than the BBB makeover...:D

Upvote 0

bigtotoro

Well, maybe she should know about V&A. When I was married, I took my (then) wife to V&A for our 10th anniversery. It was only when I saw her packing that I realized I had better let her know that she has to pack a dinner dress and shoes. That sort of let the kitty out of the burlap so to speak :D

-dave

I am the rare man that knows my wife well enough to both shop for, and pack apprpriately. I have already made arrangements to have a dress sent ahead, dry cleaned, and have hanging in the closet upon our arrival.

Upvote 0

ali_cat_3

Hope you get your make over.

Hi. While your request is unique , Disney is usually in the business of being very accomidating, after all their business has the highest number of repeat customers ( visitors) out of any known business. So here is a few suggestions.
1. call and ask, the worst they can say is no.
2.while disney doesn't stock adult costumes ( understandible, since the kids might take you for the official characters), Bring your own ! Try www.buycostumes.com this is my fave site for buying any costume and they have a wide variety of very authentic looking disney costumes in grown up sizes.Some even in plus sizes, if you so need. Also around Halloween disney store.com stocks some adult sized costumes you can order online. If you can't wear it around the park , maybe they'd atleast let you wear it while they took your picture, that way you would always have the the memory. Then you'd be free to spend the rest of your day enjoying the park looking totally fab.

Good luck with your quest for a makeover!

Ali

Upvote 0

Mr.Stitch

As far as I know the Boutique does do boys as we've seen them done. Not sure about adults though...

Adults are welcome at the Main Street Barber Shop in Magic Kingdom. You could try there if you are too shy to ask at the Boutique.

I do know the Boutique books up fast, so a Reservation may be required.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom