Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique gets cozy in Cindy's Castle

XS-Spence

Original Poster
FYI...

* On September 10, 2007, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is expanding and will be opening a second location inside the Magic Kingdom in none other than Cinderella Castle.
* Reservations for the Magic Kingdom Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can be made beginning April 29, 2007.
* The Boutique will move into the space that is currently known as The King’s Gallery which houses Arts & Collectible merchandise. Guests can continue to enjoy Arribas Brother offerings at the Crystal Arts store on Main Street, U.S.A., Arribas Brothers store located in Downtown Disney and the shop in the Germany pavilion at Epcot.
* The last day of business for The King’s Gallery is July 4, 2007 and construction on the new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique runs from July 5 - September 1, 2007. (Note that all refurbishment work takes place inside the location and will not impede Guest access through the Castle breezeway.)

Jerm

WHY:brick: WHY:brick: WHY:brick: WHY:brick: WHY:brick: WHY:brick:

That is what I am starting to really miss. Real things that stand out in the parks. How many people remember where you could not walk into almost any store and find the EXACT same thing. Or before you had to spoil your child and take them to Club Libby Lu or the BBB to get made over as a princess. STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!

J

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
WHY:brick: WHY:brick: WHY:brick: WHY:brick: WHY:brick: WHY:brick:

That is what I am starting to really miss. Real things that stand out in the parks. How many people remember where you could not walk into almost any store and find the EXACT same thing. Or before you had to spoil your child and take them to Club Libby Lu or the BBB to get made over as a princess. STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!

J
I concur too

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I hate to see this. I wonder if they are going to move Kings Gallery. Its the only place you can get Disney Merchandise in the MK thats not the cheap, mass produced, stuff that is in every other gift shop in MK.

Captain Hank

I can't say that I'm happy about this, but I can't say that I'm surprised. BBB is doing fantastic buisness, so it was only a matter of time until it expanded. I really hope that the Art of Disney section relocates to somewhere else in MK.

speck76

Didn't The Art of Disney once have a store next to City Hall?

BBB is replacing the King's Gallery because it is much more profitable and will appeal to more people.

It is retail, not rocket science.

DDuckFan130

SMART MOVE. This place brings in 10s of thousands a day. What other MK store does that?

BBB is replacing the King's Gallery because it is much more profitable and will appeal to more people.

Thank you! That's what I was thinking :hammer:

I don't even remember the last time I walked through the castle and in those stores, so this doesn't really affect me. Whatever works, and I'm sure this will. How many little girls and their parents will jump at the chance to get made over as a princess inside a princess castle? Dream come true :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

I recall there being one there, but I dont remember when it left. I think MK had both AOD and KG for a while. I understand that its a good move, and I think that the Castle is the perfect place for it. I just hope they keep a store like AOD in the park.

Dwarful

I would rather they had moved BBB in some place else in the MK. Although I can see the marketing sense...all those kids who dine in the castle will now get the makeover before their meals...meaning even more $$$ spent.

Many girls wouldn't wear the whole contraption all day long esp. in the summertime, but would like to have their hair/nails done for some cutesy photos.

I forsee lots of unhappy little girls and a few more angry parents who 'didn't know' they had to make appointments for this 'once in a lifetime' treat!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would rather they had moved BBB in some place else in the MK. Although I can see the marketing sense...all those kids who dine in the castle will now get the makeover before their meals...meaning even more $$$ spent.

Many girls wouldn't wear the whole contraption all day long esp. in the summertime, but would like to have their hair/nails done for some cutesy photos.

I forsee lots of unhappy little girls and a few more angry parents who 'didn't know' they had to make appointments for this 'once in a lifetime' treat!

You would be suprised at the number of people that show up to different places not knowing they needed reservations....

stmize

I just told my dd and she is so excited by this now granted she is only 7. I think it is a great idea as it is more convenient than dtd in the mornings prior to going to MK:) :) :) :) :)

JLW11Hi

Its my opinion that having specialized merchandise for each location/park makes the shops more unique and therefore more interesting to visitors. Not necessarily "Disney art", but themed merchandise. I've been told a number of times by visitors when I was a CP how they remember walking into places like Oscars at the entrance to MGM and were able to look at miniature models of classic cars, or could go into a place like the Trading Post in Frontierland and find, you know, western merchandise. Not just Woody dolls. But, you know, "more profitable, blah blah, better business sence, blah blah, appeals to more people, blah blah". Whatever, I don't really care anymore. If they say doing this stuff is going to bring more money in, then thats great. They'd just better start showing off their newfound profits.

I think its odd how much time people spend in gift shops in the parks. You pay to go the MK, but you can find most of the same stuff at the World of Disney for free!

DonaldDoleWhip

I know what Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is, but what is King's Gallery? And it seems like a smart business move putting BBB inside the Castle.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I know what Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is, but what is King's Gallery? And it seems like a smart business move putting BBB inside the Castle.

Essentially it was an Art of Disney Store. Specialized in collectable quality merchandise and art. Had a nice collection of swords as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom