New Feature Beyond "Like" - reactions

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
You can now express your reaction to posts with something a bit more specific than just a "Like."

When you hit the Like by a post, you will now see an option for additional reactions, including "Love" "Haha" "Wow" "Sad" and "Angry"

On a desktop, you can hover over the Like link to see the various reactions, on a touch device, tap and hold on the Like link.

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

Different reactions generate different reaction scores. So if for example 100 people LOVE a post, it will carry a higher reaction score than if 100 people LIKE a post.
Interesting. I'm looking forward to playing around with all the new features! Thanks Steve!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The reaction icons all overlaid on eachother with a bunch of names next to them is pretty useless unless one goes out of one's way to click on them and see just how many likes, loves, wows, angries, etc... that a post received.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The reaction icons all overlaid on eachother with a bunch of names next to them is pretty useless unless one goes out of one's way to click on them and see just how many likes, loves, wows, angries, etc... that a post received.
The initial over-layer reaction icons are there to show that there is more than one type. The total of the reactions is then given just as before the total was given for the likes. Then a simple click of that will give you the full breakdown. If you have a better idea of how to present that in a very small amount of space I'm all ears.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The initial over-layer reaction icons are there to show that there is more than one type. The total of the reactions is then given just as before the total was given for the likes. Then a simple click of that will give you the full breakdown. If you have a better idea of how to present that in a very small amount of space I'm all ears.

Not really...

Previously, when it was just likes, you'd see the like icon, 3 names, and then how many others. So, it was easy to see at a glance, without clicking anything, that a particular post had 10 likes or 50 likes or just 1.

Now, with an bunch of different icons you see 3 names and how many others... but you don't know how many what. There could be a like and an angry icon and 3 names and 50 others. So, is that 52 likes and one angry; or, 52 angries and one like?

And yes, a click can resolve that, but, who wants to keep clicking away in a hot topic on each post to find out the percentage of likes, angries, hahas, wows, etc...?

As far as showing them, this is the top of the list of reactions...

So, this...

Could look like this...
You, AJH219, mousekedoc and 9 others reacted: 👍 2 😲 1 😡 2 🤣 8​
Also, only 3 icons can show at once. A post may have 50 angries, but a recent like, a wow, and a haha will block it from showing unless you click on it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Also (sorry for being a nudge) I, too, prefer the square avatars. The round ones make sense if you're framing people's faces. But many avatars aren't face-oriented. Also, the square one has more space and visual info.

Now, blocking animated avatars I can get behind due to their distractive qualities.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom