News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's grains of truth.

Cars (though not Cars Land a la DCA), Zootopia, and Coco have all been proposed for BBTM phase 1. I don't believe there was ever serious consideration (this decade, at least) for a Toy Story attraction here. And, as far as I can tell, Zootopia is (thankfully) out.

It still sounds to me like Coco has the edge for phase 1, but there's a lot of jockeying about.
Brayden is the new Jim Hill... latching onto outdated 'inside' information.

DisneyDodo

If his rumors are true then Coco isn’t part of BBT. His rumors say it’s Radiator Springs Racers and a Woody attraction in a dessert themed land and then villains gets most of the BBT space.
So is he claiming that the southern half of Frontierland will become New Orleans Square?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So..... as has been "revealed" on a certain YouTube channel with the initials MV, Radiator Springs racers is to be placed beyond Big Thunder. If true this seems like a completely misguided placement for an attraction that also negates the possibility of a full cars land elsewhere at WDW and a maintenance and downtime nightmare as has been at DCA

"Desert land" doesn't make sense. Yes, Big Thunder and Radiator Springs have the same landscape but they do not fit together at all.

Surferboy567

Brayden has reported the following, again and I have stressed this before but no one seems to read it. I am not saying Brayden is credible I’m just posting this here as he has gotten things right in the past.

- Frontierland gone turned into Bayou (separate land from desert)
- Desert land features Radiator Springs Racers
- Big Thunder Mountain worked into the new desert land
- Rivers of America on the chopping block
- WDW Railroad will be effected in some way
- Tom Sayer Island is gone and is turned into a Woody Roundup Attraction
- Villians Land behind Haunted Mansion with at least 1 e ticket and 1 d ticket
- Country Bears opening in August
- Haunted Mansion Restaurant cancelled

Some of this seems plausible.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

Brayden has reported the following, again and I have stressed this before but no one seems to read it. I am not saying Brayden is credible I’m just posting this here as he has gotten things right in the past.

- Frontierland gone turned into Bayou
- Bayou desert land features Raditaor Springs Racers
- Tom Sayer Island Woody Roundup Attraction
- Railroad will be effected in some way

What is a “bayou desert land?” Did the salt mine explode in a natural catastrophe and kill off the verdant vegetation?

DisneyDodo

"Desert land" doesn't make sense. Yes, Big Thunder and Radiator Springs have the same landscape but they do not fit together at all.
I don’t necessarily believe this is happening, but I also don’t think it would be so far-fetched for Disney to retheme a land based on western expansion in the U.S. to one just themed to the western U.S. with no ties to any particular time period. I definitely prefer that approach to them scrapping Frontierland entirely and replacing it with various single IP lands.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

- Frontierland gone turned into Bayou
- Bayou desert land features Raditaor Springs Racers
- Tom Sayer Island Woody Roundup Attraction
- Railroad will be effected in some way

These have all been mentioned before as possibilities by our insiders -- except a "bayou desert land" (??!!??)

Anyhoo, we know execs were casing out Pecos Bill.

Lotta ingredients here... don't know which ones will make it into the pot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom