News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

Now I love me some Blue Sky, but I would much rather see them take care of the parts of the park that are already built...FIX TOMORROWLAND among other issues...before they go making the footprint bigger adding more buildings and attractions for them to try and keep up to date...

fgmnt

Now I love me some Blue Sky, but I would much rather see them take care of the parts of the park that are already built...FIX TOMORROWLAND among other issues...before they go making the footprint bigger adding more buildings and attractions for them to try and keep up to date...
It’s clear to me that either WDI can’t come up with something that the C suite would be willing to spend money on in the 2 empty attraction spaces and, in my opinion, the misused attraction space in the south building. It’s probably less creativity challenging and more crucially, easier to sell Burbank on expansions related to current movies than anything else.

(To say nothing of the long-in-the-tooth Space Ranger Spin, a Space Mountain a decade overdue for a retrack, and the speedway—an attraction that numerous regional theme parks consider obsolete)

doctornick

It’s clear to me that either WDI can’t come up with something that the C suite would be willing to spend money on in the 2 empty attraction spaces and, in my opinion, the misused attraction space in the south building.

2? The old Stitch's Great Escape space, but what else?

ProjectXBlog

Flying on alebrije doesn't necessarily mean Flight of Passage ride system. Big assumption to make!
When they mentioned this as a potential experience, my mind immediately jumped to a BTM layover. If Splash and (purportedly once but no longer) Space aren’t safe from IP integration, why would Big Thunder itself be?

Bocabear

Well let's be honest...I enjoyed Laugh Floor the first 30 times, but wouldn't this whole attraction make a LOT MORE SENSE in Hollywood Studios? That would then be the third available location in Tomorrowland... Simply refitting the speedway with the Hong Kong Disneyland electric cars and adding scenic pieces to the area would be hailed as a great new update...

eddie104

I believe their are plans in the works but Tomorrowland at WDW is not in dire need like at DL.

They literally been repainting and removing certain things throughout the land. They also redid the entrance that makes it look a lot better and cleaner.

mysto

Well let's be honest...I enjoyed Laugh Floor the first 30 times, but wouldn't this whole attraction make a LOT MORE SENSE in Hollywood Studios? That would then be the third available location in Tomorrowland... Simply refitting the speedway with the Hong Kong Disneyland electric cars and adding scenic pieces to the area would be hailed as a great new update...
I'm just grateful milf still exists, it's fun and unique, the kind of thing that goes away.

Dan Deesnee

I think Disney will do the Tragic Kingdom but it will be between Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

You will be able to walk from Epcot, into Tragic Kingdom, through it and into HS, and vice verse. It won't be a 5th gate but a sort of mini-premium-land. Take the concept of after hours separate ticket events and apply it to a large park expansion. Halloween style parties for a premium will also be held all year round.

Why do I think this? Simple, it will make them more money than expanding MK.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Throw in "Emperor's New Groove" and you'll have a perfect transition to Villains Land:

^This is the only circumstance under which I will accept Villains Land connecting to Frontierland via Encanto and Coco.

Then add a Sleepy Hollow ride where it connects to Liberty Square, and though I'm sure it won't connect to Fantasyland, if it did that's where Maleficent should be.

Though the idea of putting Moana in Animal Kingdom makes pretty clear they're not that interested in thematic consistency.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom