better deal? disneyclub or discount code

madhatter

wereplanning atrip for next sept. and want a good deal. is joining the disney club worth it. they advertise that you get good deals across the board, is this true? how much discount do you get w/ the discount codes from mousavers. which route is better

mickeyfan

I am a disneyclub member, however, I have never used to for a reservation because I am an annual passholder as well. With the Annual Pass you seem to get a much better deal on the accomodations. However, right now the DisneyClub is offering a special from Oct 1 - November 19 and November 23 - December 25. It is posted on their website, but you have to be a member to enter the site because you have to put in your chapter #. I do use my disneyclub membership to get discounts at the disney stores and on certain things while I am at Disney World. Plus you get the subscription to the Disney Magazine which I love and they keep you up-to-date on the "happenings" with Disney. I have used the codes on mousesavers.com and got some really great deals!:)

Upvote 0

hellokitty1

i just checked out the disney club rates for
the "special" the above poster was talking about
it is about 132 a night at the all stars for
four. that is not much of a savings if you ask
me since i booked it for four of us for 119 a
night???? some "special"

they are right the annual pass is a better deal,
but the discount codes are better than DC
sister in got 109 with disney club, called and
got $49 with code for all stars. this is in
october 2001

goodluck:)

Upvote 0

markymark

I used a discount code for the first time this year to book for September and got a great deal for Dixie Landings. I will always use these codes in future.

Upvote 0

Debbie

If you don't get something you want using Mousesavers.com then drive down to the Official WDW welcome center and get a walk-in rate. My husband and I never make reservations and have always gotten what we wanted. You should be able to take your pick in September. When my husband and I took our then 18 month old, it was the weekend after labor day. We had our pick: All-Star $59.00 nite Caribbean Beach 79.00 nite Port Orleans/DixieL $89.00 nite Contemporary $129.00 nite Poly $149.00 nite. We took the Contemporary. Then we went in December and got the Polynesian for $149.00nite.

Upvote 0

disneymomw3boys

DC vs codes

We used DC this past June, and found that it was about a 15% savings from the quotes we'd get w/o membership. Just to give you a ballpark figure. Also, we booked a package (Discovery) and one of the features was twenty five disney dollars per adult on the package. Not to mention the discounts at Disney Store and restaurants. So we thought it was a good deal. I think we're going to get APs when we go next October. Hopefully we'll see some savings...

But I would imagine in September you might find some great deals and may not need to go DC.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by Debbie
Contemporary $129.00 nite Poly $149.00 nite. We took the Contemporary. Then we went in December and got the Polynesian for $149.00nite.

Debbie...just curious about the walk-in...did they have Tower rooms available at the Contemporary...if so...how much were they...or are the rooms simply the standard ones that haven't been rented for the night.

When you are driving in and out of WDW, there are signs that say "Rooms Available"...and it gives a phone number...
has anyone ever called that number to make reservations?

Upvote 0

Goofyfan

Originally posted by madhatter
wereplanning atrip for next sept. and want a good deal. is joining the disney club worth it. they advertise that you get good deals across the board, is this true? how much discount do you get w/ the discount codes from mousavers. which route is better

I am a Disney Club member and, while it does have some good discounts, I think the codes are the better route to take when booking. I found out about these codes through a different website other than Mousesavers (www.affordabledisney.com). The difference is, in this particular website, you must purchase their online book which gives you every possible tip on getting the best deal. I think it was way worth it. I booked a trip for two a couple months ago for this September and saved $400.00 using all the tips! The best part about it was getting to stay in the All Star Sports for $49.00 a night! Even the Disney operator was STUNNED! She priced it out both with the codes and with the Disney Club and told me it was definitely cheaper with the code.

As far as tix goes, I purchased my park hoppers with my Disney Club and saved close to $9.00 on each ticket. Not much, but I still saved something!!!

Hope that helps and good luck!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom