Best Week Ever: Disney Edition (My Sept. 6-13 Trip Report)

Well kids I just got back from "the most magical place on Earth" and I'm here to tell you all about my little travels. We left at the butt-crack of morning on Saturday, Sept. 6th and sadly had to leave on Saturday, Sept. 13th. Well this will be my first trip report, so strap yourselves in and bare w/ me. The trip was filled w/ laughter, happiness, and maybe even a little unecessary drama for good measure. Here we go!

First of all let me introduce myself and the rest of the "cast":

HPIM0140.jpg

David (Me)- Yup that's me ya'll. I'm 24 and a major Disney dork. I haven't been to the "world" in 4 years and when my mom asked me to "tag along" on their upcoming trip she didn't have to convince me twice to go along. They really had to twist my arm to go...*:animwink::animwink:*

HPIM0147.jpg

Dad- He's a 47 y/o baby who happens to look like a grown man. :ROFLOL:He may look big and mean, but he's a big softie at heart. Remember the drama I mentioned? Well it was probably started by him. He's a type-A Disney commando who takes no prisoners. If you happened to see us you would see him 5 miles ahead and me yelling to "slow down". :lol:

Mom- She's 45 and a total blonde if you know what I'm saying. ;) I shouldn't say anything because we are practically the same and we were always trying to go the wrong way to exit rides and the whole mess. Fun times! Anyways she was the type who wanted to stop and see the parades, but of course "you know who" wanted to go, go, GO! :lookaroun

Well anywho, that was my "short" little introduction to bring everyone up to speed on who you are dealing w/ on this TR. :wave: See you all soon for more.

MAF

Original Poster
looks like this is gonna be an entertaining report, to say the least!!
Looking forward to more!
Thank you! :wave:
I agree with Amber! I'm waiting for more fun!
:D
Yay! I can't wait to hear everything!
There's more to come...:drevil:
I am totally convinced that this is going to be one funny report! Can't wait to read the rest!
Thanks! :wave:
Oh god this trip sounds awesome so far

can't wait for the rest!
haha Thank you. :ROFLOL:
Magic Kingdom! My Favorite too!

Let the jealously begin!
The MK is my fave. place in the entire world. I should move in there...:lookaroun
LOL I'd totally be singing along w/ you in the Haunted Mansion.

And I love the 3 o'clock parade

"Just believe and if you imagine
Just believe and your dreams will come true"

:lookaroun Umm... Sorry. Anyway looking forward to more.
I was singing along and dancing in my seat the whole time. I bet the camera people were having a right laugh. :lol:
Nice report - thanks for sharing
It's my pleasure...:wave:
Great report - looking forward to the rest!
Thank you! :)

MAF

Original Poster
Keep it coming, keep it coming!:wave:
I'm trying, but it's taking longer to do this than I thought! haha
Come on come on, don't leave us hanging...
Sorrry I promise to write more for tomorrow!
Lovin' it so far! :sohappy:
Thank you so much! :D
On pins & needles here.
hehe :wave:
:D I thought you said you took back your glasses :p uhm. I LOVE THE TRIP REPORT!

But.. What happened about taking me alone ):! Anyways, I can't wait to see more! :) Wonderful pictures by the way.

-Luis
I did, those are the knock-offs! Oh and I hope you mean "along"...:eek:

MAF

Original Poster
Day 1 Cont.-

Ok sorry for the lack of updates, but this is taking me longer than anticipated. Well when I last left off I was about to tell you about my dinner at Chef Mickey's.

When we arrived we were an hour early, so we browsed the shops a little. By this time I was completely spent for the day and was not in a good mood in the least. We sat in the lobby by the resteraunt for about 30 mins while they were playing Corey in the House. I would rather have tootpicks shoved under my fingernails than to have to endure watching that show again...:lol:

So after what seemed like an eternity they let us into the main lobby to sit. I was so crabby by this point that even the Disney music blaring was putting me into a grumpy mood. Oh and let's just say there were kids EVERYWHERE running around knocking over the ropes, touching the food....ugh and it was sooo LOUD! Yes I know this is Chef Mickey's and there are definately going to be kids, but the parents were so oblivious! Sheesh.

So yeah after we were seaten and I had my caffeine I was feeling mucho better! I started off w/ some cheese and rolls, and decided to skip the salad. For my "main food" I had the prime rib, ribs, chicken, and mashed potatoes. I think I even had some of the chicken strips from the kids part. Everything was good, but honestly the food was no different than what you'd find in your local buffet. For dessert I had ice cream and those AWESOME Oreo Mickey ear things. Those were so good. Overall I would rate the food a B-. I don't think I would go back again since the food wasn't all the impressive in comparison to other resteraunts around the world and like I said it was just too LOUD for my tastes.

On to the characters! :sohappy: I felt like our table was pretty much ignored, and I'm guessing it was because we were all "adults". I got pics w/ Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and Pluto, yet Minnie totally blew us off! :fork: She gave us a sign that she'd be right back and when she did come back she skipped right over us. She was probably just jealous that I hugged her b/f. mwahaha Anywho the characters really weren't that much into "character" at all and pretty much just stopped to take a pic and then ran off. Kind of disappointing to say the least. Also when Donald came I was alone at the table and he acted like he didnt' want to take a pic w/ me at all. Sadness! :(

Here's some pics:
I had to take this by myself, hence the EXTREME close-up!
HPIM0123.jpg

Uh yeah apparently my dad has not mastered the art of using a camera...:lookaroun
HPIM0124.jpg

No wonder Minnie blew us off!
HPIM0126.jpg

MAF

Original Poster
I don't know these people...:lol:
HPIM0127.jpg

We look so "Goofy".
HPIM0129.jpg

Ok so after Chef Mickey's was done, we headed back to the Magic Kingdom. We rose Space Mountain, Buzz, and then Monster's Inc. My dad got to be the "churro" guy which was so hilarious. Then we did Stitch where my chair's effects were broken. Um yeah I don't think I will ever be doing that one again. LAME!

We then did a few rides in Fantasyland and then more DRAMA! My dad wanted to see the Country Bears, but my mother and I wanted to pass. Well he threw another little hissy fit which was hilarious. I'm sorry, but I have to just laugh at him when this happens. :lol: I think I'll leave you w/ this picture of me and my mom on IaSW.

We're bringing sexyback....:lookaroun Yeah I had to bring that cliche back.
HPIM0131.jpg

Ok well that will be today's installment! Let's just say I was dead tired and cranky that night and got like 1 hour of sleep due to loud snoring. Not a good night...:lol: Next time I will be talking about our 2nd day at the Magic Kingdom and the best dinner of my life. Stay tuned! :wave:

maggiegrace1

Had to pop in here..:)

Great report..YOu are so freaking adorable and you know I love you!

Your family is so cute and your dad is hilarious..:)

Can not wait for more.and we got the postcard today..:)

Maggie and I both LOVED it!

Thanks my love..:)

MAF

Original Poster
Day 2- Sept. 7th, 2008-

Previously on "Best Week Ever- Disney Edition": Early wake-up calls, family melt-downs, and Chef Mickey's.

Ok like I said in the previous post, I was once again dead tired because my dad was snoring LOUDLY the entire night. Um yeah so after having 1 hour or less of sleep I was ready to take on the Magic Kingdom...AGAIN! Going to the Magic Kingdom is the only thing that could energize me at dire times like these. After getting my morning coffee I was up and rarin' to go!

W/ my Mickey ears in tow we headed off to the Magic Kingdom where I got to see the opening ceramony for the first time ever. It was so magical when the train pulled up and my main man Mickey hopped off and waved to the crowd. :sohappy: After the gates opened it was a mad dash to Space Mountain. Although it's as old as the hills I still love this one. I love how jerky it is and it's so much fun to yell in the dark. Good times... After that we headed to Fantasyland to hit the rides we missed before.

I must let you all know that my family has to stop at every restroom the "world" has to offer. I got bored waiting so I decided to take a picture of my shadow...:ROFLOL:

HPIM0133.jpg

DUMBO! *Yes I know it only goes around in a cirlce, but it's a classic that I still love.*

HPIM0134.jpg

We also hit up Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, and Snow White. I love dark rides, no matter how cheesy they may be. My goofy grin will attest to it!

HPIM0136.jpg

Sadly I wasn't worthy enough to release the sword from the stone, no matter how ripped I may be. :lookaroun

HPIM0137.jpg

Me rockin' the coolest glasses ever at Philharmagic. I LOVE this show. It almost brings a tear to the eye...almost! :p

HPIM0138.jpg

Ok after Fantasyland we hit up my absolute fave. the peoplemo...I mean the TTA. I will never get used to calling it that. Then we saw the Carosel of Progress which I still actually enjoy. It reminds me of Walt.

MAF

Original Poster
After having a ton of fun times, we had to go back to our new room that we tranferred to at ASMusic. When we checked in the first day we had a brand new employee who didn't get our request for a closer room to the lobby and pool. Well anywho my dad got it all fixed and we were moved to the closer, "Jazz Inn."

Waiting for our bus I took a pic of these "hungry" duckies. They just walked right up to us w/ their sad eyes looking for food. Unfortch nobody had any to give. So sad....:lol: Oh and some more drama happened on the trip when the lady in front of us started freaking out that the busses were too slow and that she was going to walk up to the nearby bus to yell at him. Um yeah what would that solve? I swear people need to realize that they are in the most magical place on Earth and chillax.

HPIM0141.jpg

My mom decided to mock me by taking a shot of our new room number...:lol:

HPIM0142.jpg

"In the next installment I will tell you about our dinner at Narcoosee's. All I'm going to say is "BEST DINNER EVER!!!".

PS: I forgot to mention that we also at the Columbia Harbor House for our CS credit for the day. I got the Chicken and Fish basket w/ fries and the chocolate cake. We weren't that impressed and my mom said that Long John Silver's is better. Ouch...:lol: It's sad because I remember that the food used to be so good.

Ta Ta For Now! :wave:

MAF

Original Poster
Love your trip report! Your mom looks great...really young looking! Looks like you had fun!

Thank you! Yeah you're going to inflate her ego even more. :ROFLOL:On her birthday she was bragging to everyone that people kept telling her that she couldn't be that age because she looks 35. But yes she is very young looking and pretty. We had a blast! Thanks for commenting! :wave:

Had to pop in here..:)

Great report..YOu are so freaking adorable and you know I love you!

Your family is so cute and your dad is hilarious..:)

Can not wait for more.and we got the postcard today..:)

Maggie and I both LOVED it!

Thanks my love..:)

Aw I'm so glad you dropped in! :sohappy: Thanks for your comments about us, except don't encourage my dad...:lol: I'm glad you liked the postcard, did you tell Maggie that Mickey told me to tell her hello? :)

MAF

Original Poster
Day 2- Sept. 7th (Continued)
"The Narcoosee's Review"

After settling our stuff into our new room we decided to head over to the Grand Floridian early. When I say early, I meant EARLY. We were about 2 hours ahead of our reservations. We spent some time walking the grounds, the shops, and I took a few photos of the lobby.

HPIM0143.jpg
HPIM0144.jpg

After a while we decided that it was just too long of a time to just sit around so we all decided on a quick trip to the Magic Kingdom for a little Pirates! :sohappy:

We took a boat ride back to the Grand Floridian after our short stint at MK. It was nice, but really hot and humid on the ride over. The location of the resteraunt is in a really great spot. It's such a beautiful view of the lagoon and the castle. We were seated "sort-of" near a window. At least we were able to see out which was nice. We had the nicest waiter who was actually really funny. He was cracking jokes the entire night and was really attentive, even though he was busy w/ many other tables it seemed.

Being the alcholics we are, we decided to have our first drinks of the trip. (That was a joke people...ha, ha? :p) Oh and I needed something to pick me up after lack of sleep for two nights....

I look THRILLED...:zipit:

HPIM0148.jpg

I got the "Glow-tini" after seeing so many pics of people getting them in other trip reports. It was really good, but strong as well. You could def. taste the vodka. Oh and it came w/ an awesome glow-cube that you could take home. :lol: I would def. recommend this drink.

Happiness is the Glow-tini!

HPIM0150.jpg

The parents each got a margarita. I'm pretty sure they were mango or something, but I didn't try them so I'm not 100% sure. They said they were good so I'll take their word for it.

HPIM0151.jpg

MAF

Original Poster
As for the main course, let me tell you...BEST DINNER OF MY LIFE. We each got the whole Maine Lobster which came w/ au-gratin style potatoes and I think it was brocolli. The was the best lobster I have ever had. It was already cracked open and it was not rubbery at all. It was just perfect. For dessert we each had the almond crusted cheescake. This was heaven on a plate. I love cheesecake, and this was probably one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to eat. Yum! :slurp:

Overall I would grade Narcoose's an A, and I would definately come back here next time. Great atomosphere, amazing food, and an attentive staff.

HPIM0149.jpg

After our amazing meal, we headed back to the MK to catch Wishes. I love Wishes and it def. didn't disappoint. After Wishes we hit up a few more rides during EMH, and then headed back to the hotel for some much needed sleep. *Yes I finally got some sleep that night!*

In the next installment- Animal Kingdom, CS at Yak and Yeti, Dinner at Boma, and Hollywood Studios...:wave:

DAKOTADISNEY

Great entertaining trip report! Keep it coming. I think you look like Jeremy Piven, the actor. Does anyone else think that? And your dad??? Kenny Rogers?

Goofynana

Love your report - you seem like a real fun guy - wish I was younger!! Your dad sounds like my son-in-law - he pushes us the whole way - move it, move it, - this way people!! get to go again in 2 weeks - can't wait - your info is getting me all excited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom