Best Week Ever: Disney Edition (My Sept. 6-13 Trip Report)

Well kids I just got back from "the most magical place on Earth" and I'm here to tell you all about my little travels. We left at the butt-crack of morning on Saturday, Sept. 6th and sadly had to leave on Saturday, Sept. 13th. Well this will be my first trip report, so strap yourselves in and bare w/ me. The trip was filled w/ laughter, happiness, and maybe even a little unecessary drama for good measure. Here we go!

First of all let me introduce myself and the rest of the "cast":

HPIM0140.jpg

David (Me)- Yup that's me ya'll. I'm 24 and a major Disney dork. I haven't been to the "world" in 4 years and when my mom asked me to "tag along" on their upcoming trip she didn't have to convince me twice to go along. They really had to twist my arm to go...*:animwink::animwink:*

HPIM0147.jpg

Dad- He's a 47 y/o baby who happens to look like a grown man. :ROFLOL:He may look big and mean, but he's a big softie at heart. Remember the drama I mentioned? Well it was probably started by him. He's a type-A Disney commando who takes no prisoners. If you happened to see us you would see him 5 miles ahead and me yelling to "slow down". :lol:

Mom- She's 45 and a total blonde if you know what I'm saying. ;) I shouldn't say anything because we are practically the same and we were always trying to go the wrong way to exit rides and the whole mess. Fun times! Anyways she was the type who wanted to stop and see the parades, but of course "you know who" wanted to go, go, GO! :lookaroun

Well anywho, that was my "short" little introduction to bring everyone up to speed on who you are dealing w/ on this TR. :wave: See you all soon for more.

MAF

Original Poster
The Itinerary:

I thought I would give a preview of all of the parks we visited and restaraunts we ate at on the various days.

Day 1 (Sept. 6th)-
Went to the Magic Kingdom, ate at Chef Mickey's

Day 2 (7th)-
Went to the Magic Kingdom, ate at the Columbia Harbor House, and Narcoosee's

Day 3 (8th)-
Went to Animal Kingdom, then Disney Studios at night. Ate at Yak and Yeti for CS, then Boma.

Day 4 (9th)-
Went to Epcot, ate at AS Music, then Coral Reef.

Day 5 (10th)-
Went to Disney Studios and Downtown Disney, ate at Earl of Sandwich and AS Music.

Day 6 (11th)-
Went to Magic Kingdom, visited Fort Wildnerness, Epcot, and then back to the MK again. Ate at Cosmic Ray's and then O'Hana.

Day 7 (12th)-
Went to Magic Kingdom, then Epcot, and then briefly back to Magic Kingdom. Ate at Sunshine Seasons, and then Roaring Forks at WL.

We were on the Free Dining promo, which was awesome. I'll go into more detail on what I ate and give my reviews, although sadly I have no "food " pics. :(

MAF

Original Poster
Day 1- Sept. 6th

Well it's that time again, time for me to make you all jealous of my awesome time at WDW. :p Let me start off by telling you that me and gettin up at 3am to catch a plane do not mix. It leads to extreme giddy-ness and then later :fork:. I won't bore you w/ the deets on my flight because that was boring as heck. Let's start this off w/ something you all like, DRAMA! :drevil:
The first "incident" of my lovely trip happened when my dad went up to get the tickets to get on the Magical Express. Well anywho, it was crowded and they only let one person wait in line, so my mom and I stood back. When he gets out of the line he's looking like a deer in headlights trying to find us, except we see him immediately and start walking up to him. Long story short big baby has his first meltdown and freaks out that he couldn't find us, although he was only looking for us for like 2 seconds! :rolleyes: So yay what a way to start the trip! :hammer: Now that that's over we boarded the "Magic School Bus" aka Magical Express.

I wanted to take a picture of myself so badly, but since I was seated too far for the rents to take a picture I didn't want to look like a big Disney freak snapping pics of myself on a bus full of people. :lookaroun So after a short little excursion I saw the best sight you could ever see, the welcome to Walt Disney World sign! :sohappy: When we walked into the All Star Music lobby a man w/ a funky Mickey hat and gloves "welcomed us home". At that moment is when I truly felt the Disney "magic". After a short check in we arrived at the farthest room EVER in the Rock N' Roll section.
Here's me showcasing our room number!
HPIM0109.jpg

*cough*FREAKSHOW*cough*
...and here's the rents w/ some of the themeing in the background.
HPIM0110.jpg

MAF

Original Poster
We got towel animals! :sohappy: *I don't think my parents realized what a Disney freak I truly was because this was the first thing I wanted to take a pic of. :lookaroun*
HPIM0111.jpg
HPIM0112.jpg

Ok if you're still w/ me, run away now...j/k It's time for a short intermission and soon I'll tell you all about our visit to my fave. park, the Magic Kingdom. :wave:

MAF

Original Poster
...and we're back! I think I'll start this one out with BACK SWEAT. Yes back sweat pouring down like a waterfall. I think I forgot that Florida is 200 degrees hotter while you are waiting for your bus to arrive, yes its a little known fact. But of course I didn't care because I was going to the Magic Kingdom! *happy dance!!!111*

When we got there I was excited to see that they "kingdom" was fully decked out in Halloween garb. I LOVE Halloween. We had to take a picture w/ the pumpkins, and this really awesome lady volunteered to take our photo w/out anyone even asking. That's Disney magic right there.
HPIM0113.jpg

So I decided that our first ride should of course be my fave. Pirates, even though my Dad wanted it to be Jungle Cruise. JC? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes: Before we got to the entrance I spotted that Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee had just came out and my mother and I wanted to get a picture. Well guess what? My dad was like 5 miles ahead stampeding to get in line for Pirates. This was the typical behavior of him throughout the entire trip because, like I said he's a Disney commando. I even have a picture that we took of him running ahead of us, but I'll show that one later. :drevil:

Anywho, Pirates was of course awesome and I loved the addition of the Capt. Jack AA's. Pirates to me is the epitome of WDW, it's such a classic and I could NEVER get tired of it. After the ride we decided to hurry up and see if Hook and Smee were still there. There were and we rushed into the short line, and before we got to meet them, they announced that they had to leave. I was not a happy camper and we teased dear old dad that he had already ruined the trip for us! :lol:

After that ordeal, we hit our other faves BTMR and SM. If I had my way I would have rode SM over and over...and OVER, although there really wasn't much time seeing as we had to make our ressies at Chef Mickey's. Next we hit up my other fave Haunted Mansion. I loved the new renovations they made to the ride. If you ever rode w/ me on this ride you must know that I'm singing along in the graveyard scene each and every time...:lookaroun Don't judge!

MAF

Original Poster
On our way out we stopped to see the end of the 3pm parade. I hate taking pics of parades because I find them boring, but my dad insisted. I'm really bad at taking them as evidenced. You can't see anyone...
HPIM0115.jpg
HPIM0116.jpg

HPIM0117.jpg
HPIM0118.jpg

HPIM0119.jpg
HPIM0120.jpg

HPIM0121.jpg
HPIM0122.jpg

Ok after that we made our way to the monorail and we were off to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's. Remember when I said I started out giddy and then turned :fork:. Yeah this is about the time that transformation happend. But we'll leave that part for the next installment.

Let me leave you all w/ the obligatory castle shot:
HPIM0114.jpg

RAXIP

LOL I'd totally be singing along w/ you in the Haunted Mansion. :D

And I love the 3 o'clock parade

"Just believe and if you imagine

Just believe and your dreams will come true"

:lookaroun Umm... Sorry. Anyway looking forward to more.

LuisT

:D I thought you said you took back your glasses :p uhm. I LOVE THE TRIP REPORT!

But.. What happened about taking me alone ):! Anyways, I can't wait to see more! :) Wonderful pictures by the way.

-Luis

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom