Best Way to get to Ep from MK

aladdin2007

Hi everyone, just a quick question. Will be staying at Wilderness Lodge,,,going to MK for an early dinner, but because the park closes early, at 8 on feb 5th, we were thinking about hopping over to Epcot after dinner for 9pm IllumiNations. Would it be better to take a bus from MK? Or take the monerails? I know on the way back we will probably just take the bus instead of all the monerail hopping and then a boat etc. But interested in reading which method you would do or have done.
Thanks

HouCuseChickie

I don't know which is quicker, but I've always gone by monorail. I like it just for the novelty factor...i.e. being on the monorail, even after 20 or so trips, is still an attraction in a way to me in its own right. So, I like taking the resort loop to the TTC and then switch to the Epcot monorail. :)

Upvote 0

aladdin2007

Original Poster
I don't know which is quicker, but I've always gone by monorail. I like it just for the novelty factor...i.e. being on the monorail, even after 20 or so trips, is still an attraction in a way to me in its own right. So, I like taking the resort loop to the TTC and then switch to the Epcot monorail. :)

Thanks, will probably do that and it probably is a little faster,,,,then will just take bus from Epcot back to wilderness lodge that night.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Hi everyone, just a quick question. Will be staying at Wilderness Lodge,,,going to MK for an early dinner, but because the park closes early, at 8 on feb 5th, we were thinking about hopping over to Epcot after dinner for 9pm IllumiNations. Would it be better to take a bus from MK? Or take the monerails? I know on the way back we will probably just take the bus instead of all the monerail hopping and then a boat etc. But interested in reading which method you would do or have done.
Thanks
My preferred way is by monorail and probably the quickest :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Thanks

Monorail is the way to go.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Monorail is the way to go.

Monorail is the *only* way to go... Literally.

(Well, you have the option of monorail or ferry for the first leg from MK to TTC, but the OP mentioned a bus, and there isn't a bus)

Edited to add: I suppose you could also take a bus from MK to the Beach Club and then walk to Epcot through the International Gateway, but not sure if that'd be any faster than the MK-TTC-Epcot monorail rides.

-Rob

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Monorail is the *only* way to go... Literally.

(Well, you have the option of monorail or ferry for the first leg from MK to TTC, but the OP mentioned a bus, and there isn't a bus)

-Rob

Hee hee Yes, I suppose there are "other" routes...but they would be long, winding and not direct at all.

Upvote 0

amazingwdw

I would personally take a bus to Beach Club and enter Epcot through the International Gateway. It's a shorter walk than from the monorail, you're entering directly into World Showcase, and you don't have to change monorails.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Another very feasible option is to walk to the Contemporary and hop on the Epcot bus from there.

The same transportation options that exist at MK also exist at the Contemporary and the other monorail resorts. There is no bus from those resorts to Epcot. You must take the monorail to the TTC and transfer to the Epcot monorail.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom