best way to EE

CP17

when i go in to AK at the opening of the day, I plan on going to EE and getting a fastpass. What is the most direct or quickest route to EE from the front gate?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
when i go in to AK at the opening of the day, I plan on going to EE and getting a fastpass. What is the most direct or quickest route to EE from the front gate?
You will be stooped behind a rope just before the Tree of Life. Make a right at the tree when the let you in. Make a left and go over the bridge into Asia. At the end of the bridge make a right and follow the path to E:E. Fast Pass machines are just after the standby queue.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

Go North across the bridge and take a right at the Its Tough to be a Bug entrance. Follow the path to Asia which goes past the entrance to the Kali River Rapids.

Taking the path through DinoLand is a bit longer and you have to walk past EE to get to the entrance. The first way puts you at the queue entrance before you walk past the mountain.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

drei

If you are there at opening there are cast members who lead the group with a rope towards EE to prevent trampling and stampeding. Follow the masses and you should get there. Just about everybody heads there right away.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

I think I would try the Dinoland route. The actual entrance to the queue may be past the mountain itself from this direction, but it's a lot closer to the Dinoland bridge than the bridge to Asia. Plus, the crowd will go the other direction. ;)

Upvote 0

haveyoumetmark

Being the faithful local that I am, I still haven't ridden Everest either. So I was going to swing by AK this Sunday at opening to ride it really quickly, along with dinosaur and the safaris. Reading what Drei replied, does that mean that the wait for Everest is really long in the morning? I'm going on a Sunday in September, so I'm not really expecting any huge crowds.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Being the faithful local that I am, I still haven't ridden Everest either. So I was going to swing by AK this Sunday at opening to ride it really quickly, along with dinosaur and the safaris. Reading what Drei replied, does that mean that the wait for Everest is really long in the morning? I'm going on a Sunday in September, so I'm not really expecting any huge crowds.
If you get there before park opening and quickly follow the route through Asia (the Dinoland route looks shorter but due to the location of the queue is is actually longer) you can be on the first train out of the station. I have never experienced that long of a wait on E:E.

Upvote 0

haveyoumetmark

If you get there before park opening and quickly follow the route through Asia (the Dinoland route looks shorter but due to the location of the queue is is actually longer) you can be on the first train out of the station. I have never experienced that long of a wait on E:E.

Okay, cool. Thank you! :wave:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We have actually found that if just after the bridge towards Dinoland before you go under the skeleton bridge make that left you see. It takes you past the new Nemo stage and across the bridge towards EE. For some reason if it is longer going this way then the CM's walk slower the other way, because we seem to always get there before the rest of the masses. And have a very short wait because after we get the FP's we get right on the regular line and it's maybe less than 10 minutes. Then we hop over to dinosaur for a quick ride and by that time we can go back for another EE ride. So inside of a 1/2 hour you can ride EE twice with no problems. Good luck.

Upvote 0

metscool

You get there way, I mean way before the park opens. Then when they open the park you don't do anything but run. You get there fast and if the ride isn't open get Fastpasses or go in line and get on the ride before you know it. I would get in line because everyone that goes there gets FP.

Upvote 0

sleepybear

Since we're on the subject of EE, does anyone know the average wait time in the standby line now that it's the off-season? We're going in Oct. and I'm just curious how busy it's been.

Upvote 0

teebin

If you are there at opening there are cast members who lead the group with a rope towards EE to prevent trampling and stampeding. Follow the masses and you should get there. Just about everybody heads there right away.

I have never been to any of the parks first thing in the morning. Ofcourse, I live 15 minutes away and have an AP so why would I want to rush? Do they slow people down with a rope at all of the WDW parks? I would love to hear more about this.

Upvote 0

teebin

Since we're on the subject of EE, does anyone know the average wait time in the standby line now that it's the off-season? We're going in Oct. and I'm just curious how busy it's been.

I would say between 10-30 minutes on average. Should be a much shorter wait during the parade and later.

Example, I went to MK yesterday afternoon and everything was a walk on... Went to Epcot and SOARIN was 10-15 minutes and THAT is SAYING something. In August it would get up to 90-120 minutes! First time that I have gone on SOARIN since previews.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

I would say between 10-30 minutes on average. Should be a much shorter wait during the parade and later.

Example, I went to MK yesterday afternoon and everything was a walk on... Went to Epcot and SOARIN was 10-15 minutes and THAT is SAYING something. In August it would get up to 90-120 minutes! First time that I have gone on SOARIN since previews.

OH MY GOODNESS!! That sounds so great. Last year when I went, Soarin' was always at a 1.5-2 standby and that was in October!

I'm going in 3 days and our first stop is EE! Since we won't be able to get there at the opening I'm glad to hear that our wait won't be unbearable when we arrive!:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0

wjaye918

I have never been to any of the parks first thing in the morning. Ofcourse, I live 15 minutes away and have an AP so why would I want to rush? Do they slow people down with a rope at all of the WDW parks? I would love to hear more about this.
I went on Soarin' in February and we were there before it opened. They let us through the front gates and stopped us before the incline to the Soarin' building. Some characters came out and entertained the waiting crowd. Then there was a countdown to the opening over the loudspeaker. There were a ton of cast members. They put the rope down and the CMs walked shoulder to shoulder leading the way to Soarin'. It was good because people tried to run and it was raining earlier and it was a little slippery.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Since you can get in queue until closing, try timing your ride then. We visited in August, had a FP for EE which we used. When we got off the ride all pumped up, AK was to close in about 5 minutes. We decided to get back into line and ride again. While our group of 8 was running into line, the CM at the FP entrance grabbed one of us and asked "how many in your group" she told him there were 8 of us and he gave her 8 FP's to use. They wanted to move the line along for park closing. We all got out of the stand-by line and cruised through the FP line. We rode EE twice in about 10 minutes.

Upvote 0

KHockett

We have found that if we get there early, we grab a fast pass and we get in the standby line. Since there are few to no fast passes, the standby line goes really fast and we get two rides for the price of one!! Have fun!

Upvote 0

Teenchy

We were at AK on 9/10/06 and got there about 30-45 min. after the park had opened and headed straight for EE. We rode 6 times in a row. The first time we did the regular line and it took about 10 min. Then the next 5 times we did the front row which they seperate you into another line at the end. That only took another 5 min. max. As usually there was only 1 or 2 other people in front of us waiting for the 1st row.

After seeing all the pictures and post about long lines, etc. This was better than I expected. IMHO you have to do the front car. Its awesome. Got a couple of great pictures of the Yeti inside the mountain. :sohappy:

Have fun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom