Best water Park???

emma c

Hello

just wondering what would be the best water park to go to? Got a 6 yr old who not the best swimmer bless her hoping she improves a lot before we go! but what do you think the best one?

AndyS2992

Typhoon Lagoon is the best however if she cannot swim well then I suggest Blizzard Beach as Typhoon Lagoon has big waves every few minutes in the main pool which will knock her over whereas Blizzard Beach does not so would be easier for her to try and swim in.

Both parks slides end in deep pools and the slides will be quite scary for a young ones at both parks. However both also have areas designated for small children to enjoy.

Upvote 0

bdearl41

Typhoon is the best for atmosphere, food and drink, and overall quality. Blizzard Beach is better if you just want quantity. Both are great, but I would suggest Typhoon Lagoon. Your daughter will feel like she in on a tropical island! Also it has more "family" attractions.

Upvote 0
Personally, I prefer Blizzard Beach, but I believe f she cannot swim, Typhoon Lagoon was good, because I have a niece who was 6 when we went, and she could not swim, but either way, we LOVED IT!!!! She had a blast!!!!:)

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Can't go wrong with either. I prefer Typhoon because of Crush 'N Gusher, but for a 6 year old, I would probably go with Blizzard Beach. Seems a little bit more kid oriented. Either way - enjoy!

Upvote 0

kane47

River Country!!!
I wish, both parks have their areas for children. I have a 6 year old nephew who is also not the best swimmer. He had a blast at Typhoon lagoon. He loved swimming in the salt water snorkeling area. The vest that were provided helped him float. He could also wade into the large wave pool during the times when the big waves were not active. Blizzard Beach water slides are a little bit more advanced. There kiddie area is very nice and the wave pool is a lot more tame.

Upvote 0

CommyHolly

My favorite is Typhoon Lagoon,,,,,love the atmosphere,,,

but for a child that age who can't swim,,,,,,I recommend Blizzard Beach,,,,,,the main wave pool is bobbing waves as opposed to the wave pool at TL, which has large waves,,,,,

There are areas in both parks for small children though,,,,,,

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
she is getting better at swimming just dont think be improved enough by then to be able to handle it on her own very much can u go down the tunnels and that on your own?

Upvote 0

WED99

wow, so manu say typhoon! I think Blizzard is the much superior park for themeing and slide quality!

Your six year old will enjoy the Ski Patrol Training Camp, be sure to get her a flotation device!

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

We've been to both and we prefer TL. Even if DD can't swim yet, plenty to do at TL. Can't believe nobody mentioned shark reef yet, accessable to non-swimmers via viewing ports on the "sunken ship". It is intersting to view the large wave and young ones can even stand in the shallow water to have it lap at their legs. Also cinamon donuts, while not cheap or healthy, are a treat to enjoy. We prefer TL themes over BB themes, but both are great. You will undoubtedly enjoy either park. If she knows about trip, why not download maps and have her input?

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
i did see about shark reef but concerned about "not kicking about too much or you may excite the sharks" made me think of jaws bit too much!

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

You don't need to enter the water to view through the viewports in the sunken ship. Completely dry. No chance the sandsharks can get you through the metal. If the adults want to try it, be aware the water is much cooler than elsewhere in TL. We do it every trip and float above the scene below. We do it multiple times in a row each visit so we can try both the left side and the right side in case they have different species. No an expert, so it looks the same to us. Fun nonetheless as the float, quiet, and beatiful scenery is as close to snorkeling as we are likely to get.

Upvote 0

gwhb75

We did waterparks for the first time this past September, and were surprised that we loved Blizzard Beach so much more than Typhoon Lagoon. The wave pool at BB is a lot more tame than TL which, with young ones, is important (the wave pool at TL is really intense at times). My two kids (11 and 9) preferred BB (my son loved the slides and the kids area).

Upvote 0

gwhb75

[/quote="Typhoon Lagoon (TL) has a few areas that should be OK for a 6 year old but I don't think any one area is designed for that specific age. The main wave pool at TL can be intimidating for small children.

Blizzard Beach (BB) has the Ski Patrol Training Camp area which is specifically designed for ages 5 to 11.[/quote]

TL has Ketchakiddee Creek, which is an area for pre-schoolers and young kids. We walked past it, but it didn't look as good as the kids area at BB.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom