Best transportation from airport to Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

KathyG/poohbear

Can I give everyones/someones opinion on the best mode of transportation from the airport to Disney Resort.

In September we used Tiffany's Towncars and it was fine but I was just wondering what service most people use or if they rent cars?

Any & all opinions appreciated. Thanks.

ToTBellHop

Considering it's only 30 minutes and I don't really care about the service, as long as I get to my hotel, we always go with Mears...always felt it was easier since they are right out front.

Upvote 0

CDS Disney

I think it depends on what you what in a limo service. We book Mears because its free with the travel package we get. But tiffany town car lets you stop for 30 min and shop. This comes in very hand if you’re staying in a place with a full kitchen.

Upvote 0

RandeB

Tiffany

We've been loyal Tiffany customers for years. After one of us did the "Mears Tour of Every Disney Resort on Property" trip, none of us wanted to bus again.

Loved the grocery stop too!

Upvote 0

CREEKWAYNE

I have been using Mears for about 10 yrs. now. I have no complaints.:) I have been fortunate enough that everytime I have used them I have not done a bunch of stops. Most of the time it has just been direct to my hotel.:D

13 days and counting....:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Erika

Depending on how many people are in your group, it may be cheaper for you to use Tiffany or YourRide vs Mears. Mears charges by the person while Tiffany charges a flat rate for up to 5 people. We're saving something like $50 or $60 by going with Tiffany and for that we get picked up at baggage claim and dropped off right at our resort without having to go to anyone else's. We used them last time and had a great driver- Sid- who had us in stitches both ways.

YourRide is a sponsor here so I expect they will post a message here shortly. I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I will only use Yourride for towncar/limosine services for my clients. I have and do book packages that include the transfers through Mears. Almost everyone that I talk to hates the Mears Motorcoach though. Just the fact that you have to go to every... single... hotel........ I stopped using Tiffany quite some time ago when I had a few customers who had complaints with them and they didn't bother to return phone calls. I also found out that they are listed on the Better Business Bureau site for the many customer complaints on them. Happy Limo is also on there as having a lot of problems.

Yourride is an excellent transportation company. They are reliable, reasonably priced and unlike Tiffany, they do not charge you extra money for an infant seat. They also provide the same 30 minute grocery stop that Tiffany does.

Pam

Upvote 0

beast

Tiffany and car seat

We used Tiffany Towncar in May 2002 (round trips from airport to WDW and WDW to SeaWorld) and found them to be excellent.

At that time there was no extra charge for a car seat.

Upvote 0

Simba1

i don't mind all the stops w/mear's. i've used them three times and love to see all the hotels, and the magic that each one presents. of course, it's always the most magical when we get to Boardwalk and Beach Club (our family's favorites)

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

We've used Mears each time, have had BAD experiences and also good ones. We're going down in October and I think this time will use the Yourride which is advertised here. I like the idea of having a grocery stop (pick up bottled water that doesn't cost $2.50 a bottle!) Does anyone have a range of what you should tip the drivers? I hate to give them a lot because then it would be cheaper to go Mears and give them $5 each way. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

Original Poster
I would like to know that as well...how much should you tip a driver from Yourride or Tiffanys? I think I overtipped but didn't know what to do.

Upvote 0

spacemtnfanatic

We usually will get a cab at the airport, although once we got a Tiffany for the return trip to the airport.

A cab at the airport is easiest because you don't need to call in advance, and there is always a cab waiting for you. But it is a little more pricey, obviously.

Upvote 0

Lilo

While we have used Mears all the times we have gone to Disney, the next time I am definitely using a Town Car (Tiffany) or horse drawn carriage:lol: before I use Mears again!

Upvote 0

Scooter

We use Mears AND Tiffany Towncars depending on the situation.

Since check in time is 3:00PM at The Contemporary, if we have an early flight from Chicago to Orlando, we use Mears. It's a little cheaper for just the 2 of us and we don't mind seeing all the other resorts it stops at because we can't check into OUR room until 3:00PM anyway.

If we have a later flight from Chicago, we use Tiffany Towncars so we can go straight to our resort and begin our Magical Disney vacation.

I realize we can store our luggage at The Contemporary Resort until check-in time but we don't like doing that unless we arrive VERY early. I don't feel comfortable unless my baggage is in my room, unpacked and I'm dressed in my Disney Park attire.. :lol:

Upvote 0

mickeycruiseme

tipping

Tips are about 15 to 20 percent of trip charge.

Trip costs $115 you give driver $15 to $20.

With 10 bags this was a steal. Yourride took care of us over the holidays with four pick ups and drop offs and he earned everything he got. They are awsome!!!!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by SANDKRUSER
We've used Mears each time, have had BAD experiences and also good ones. We're going down in October and I think this time will use the Yourride which is advertised here. I like the idea of having a grocery stop (pick up bottled water that doesn't cost $2.50 a bottle!) Does anyone have a range of what you should tip the drivers? I hate to give them a lot because then it would be cheaper to go Mears and give them $5 each way. Any suggestions?

I usually will tip $10 each way. You have to keep in mind that you may have a different driver each way. And they are helping with the bags.

Pam

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom