Best time to go to avoid lines

ryanthelion

i have gone to disney world the 14th and 15th of january for the past two years (and next year), it has been mildly busy, 10-30 minute lines depending on the popularity of the attraction, but for a strange reason it has rained both days, both years, pretty bad weather, not bad enough for ride closures though, the week before probably wouldnt be much different though

DonaldDuckette

The best time is between the week after Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas. Most families aren't on vacation yet, you get see everything and the weather is great! Plus you can enjoy all the holiday festivities.
QUICK NOTE: Ride the best, most popular rides during the parades- lines will be very short.

sam_elphick

I've only ever gone to Disney in October and i havent waited in a queue longer than 15 minutes and because i live in England, it doesnt really bother me if the weather isnt as good as summer, its still hotter than England.

aspenskier7

A Good Time To Go

S_Grise said:
How is Dec. 1st - 5th?

Well, I happened to be there during that time period. The lines we very manageable, although it isn't the lowest time of year. I have also gone during the first week in November, and it was almost empty! I would recommend going during the first and second week in November. If you do go during the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, I would say DONT GO AND WASTE YOUR MONEY. Most people say that "there arn't many people there". I went on December 9th, and it was miserable. It was very crowded all the way to the very end of the party, and it wasn't very enjoyable.

Overall, December 1st-5th is a good time to go! :)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Others have offered times of the year, but let me give a different perspective...time of day.

I have been there in the middle of the summer, Easter/spring break weeks and other "busy times". Even at it's busiest, If you are at a park for it's opening (extra morning hours even better), you will have about a two hour window where you can walk on most any ride and get fast passes for an hour or two from your current time.

Last July for example, without running, going first to Splash, then BTMR and SM, we did all three mountains within an hour. We then did FP and went to Philharmagic without wait. Then we relaxed and coasted for the rest of the afternoon, back for a swim, then out for the evening.

Evening EMH does not give the same benefit IMHO.

ADevereaux

Tip from Native Floridian

For the first time this past November, I went to WDW the week BEFORE Thanksgiving. We practically WALKED on every ride....even the major attractions. :lookaroun I was stunned.

And the Christmas decorations were already up! :sohappy:

It was AWESOME. I'm planning on going there again at that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom