Best time to go to avoid lines

algut32

Original Poster
What is the absolute best time of the year to go and avoid lines? I was thinking on going at the firts week of february. What do you think?

Robfasto

Last week of January thru the first week of February...

Go late enough you miss MLK Holiday in January and well before Valentines Day.

Mountaineer

As kids we almost always went in the Summer, but my wife and I have go in September and we think that is the best time. The weather is as good as summer and you can walk on everything. We have been in december and January/February and while there may not be a crowd, the weather *CAN* be very cold that time of year. Having to carry winter coats around is not fun.

CheshireKitty

My husband and I find that going in early September and timing it between hurricanes is excellent! That happend to us last year on our Honeymoon and it turned out that a lot of people cancelled their reservations because of the hurricanes. We didn't have lines and there weren't a lot of people. It was great! Even if you don't have hurricanes to lend a hand, September is really not too bad. :)

lisahb

my trip in March

How does March 4-10 sound? After Presidents weekend and Mardi Gras, but way before Easter. Anyone know when springbreak starts?Some say it should be great, others say might have long lines

robynchic

lisahb said:
How does March 4-10 sound? After Presidents weekend and Mardi Gras, but way before Easter. Anyone know when springbreak starts?Some say it should be great, others say might have long lines

That's the beginning of spring break season. So it's not the best time. However, you'll see college students more than k-12 families, so you'll still be able to have more adult interaction, without worrying about whiny children. College students also tend to be a bit nicer than families with the annoying children...:p

jojoyner55

My experience is that early Feburary, and mid September are the least crowded. I have loved the times I've been then - and am looking forward to 11 - 16 Sep this year. The difference between WDW crowded, and not is remarkable.

Boo's Mom

We are going Feb. 13-18. is that a good week to go? Lord I hope so because I should have been in Disney right this minute but I'm not. I'm having Disney withdrawls :cry:

mousebymarriage

I've been to WDW in Feb(week before presidents weeks), March ,early April, July(YUCK!!), early August(YUCK!!), and we are going in early October.

So far I like February the best , not too crpwded and most days not too BLAZING HOT!!:hurl:
The absolute worst was July( that was the vacation from hell) it was SOOOOOO hot and SOOOOOO crowded, by lunch time I just wanted to cry!:cry: Everyone was cranky, even strangers!

WDWBro

Go b/w Thanksgiving and Christmas, during the week. It's not hot, the crowds are rather small, and all the holiday decorations and celebrations are going on! It's absolutely the best time to go!

DolFan

First week in October or the first week in March. Have been going these times for the past few years and had no problems with waiting in line.

MotoDisney

Another Mid September after all the schools are back in not many parents pulling kids out just yet. Short lines great weather.

Moto

Cinderella Fan

Question?

My husband and I have planned a trip to WDW for late November this year, the week after Thanksgiving. I am wondering if this is a good time to go. We have been other times of the year, including summer and Easter time. Will the lines or the weather be bad that time of the year?

Thanks for all of the help!! :sohappy:

megstarfan911

Boo's Mom said:
We are going Feb. 13-18. is that a good week to go? Lord I hope so because I should have been in Disney right this minute but I'm not. I'm having Disney withdrawls :cry:

Well this should be a good time, but maybe suspect crowds on valentines day, and starting the 17th, since its a long weekend for Presidents Day, and there is a nacar race about this time. Last Dec. we tried making reservations for feb. 17-20 for my b-day (feb 17) and there was nothing available:( . If you get the most popular attractions done early in the week, you should be fine. Have a Great trip!!!!!!:sohappy:

Teenchy

Might be obvious but its best to go when everyone else is usually working or in school. I have been in the following months
(Feb, Great no crowds and nice to leave the cold weather up north) March & April (still good as long as your not going during Spring Break or Easter holidays) July (HOT, CROWDED, Only did it for a birthday celebration / Never again!)
September (My favorite time / still very warm for water parks etc, but small crowds, Night of Joy!!, of course the only down side is possibly hurricanes but weather is always a toss up when planning vacations)
October (Wine & Food festival do I need to say more!)
December (1st 2 weeks are not too crowded but every day you get closer to Xmas the more crowded it gets) Everyone needs to see the Hooliday decorations once. Could be a little to cool to take advantge of resort pools etc.

ramdino

How about the week after New Years?

How about going the week after New Year's?. My Unoffical guide book calender says it would be a low crowd time. Is this guide book accurate on it's info?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom