Best Time for students?

margot2791

Hi I am new to the board, but have been reading for awhile. Does anyone have any advice on when the best time to go would be for college students? We have limited time off and limited money :p Thanks!

cdunbar

Well it'll be busy as all get out but I would recommend March (or whenever your spring break is I know it varies from place to place), or perhaps sometime in the summer like May or June. If you were to go in May right after you got out of school the rooms would probably be very inexpensive and the crowds would be low, except for the weekends when we locals come out to play, because most school age children won't be out yet...:wave:

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

Well it'll be busy as all get out but I would recommend March (or whenever your spring break is I know it varies from place to place), or perhaps sometime in the summer like May or June. If you were to go in May right after you got out of school the rooms would probably be very inexpensive and the crowds would be low, except for the weekends when we locals come out to play, because most school age children won't be out yet...:wave:

That's what we're hoping for! We got an okay deal, too.. =) May 2010 cannot come fast enough!

Upvote 0

countrygrl4

I am in college and I plan on going in May...The 25-30. Me and my friend are renting Disney Vacation Points though in order to stay in a real nice place. This is my second time and my friend's first time. So if you want the real experience and wanna be in disney in style and not feel like u r on a budget then look into renting points!

Upvote 0

jeffk410

im a college student and went with a bunch of my friends in august. It was fun. Limited time off? What school do you go to ? haha. Im always on vacation. Seems like I never have class. My summer break is from may 5 to sept 5 and then over a month for winter break. What we did was get an AP discount for Coronado Springs. It worked out real nice. Wasn't too busy compared to other times.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

The main reason why we've been going in January is because I have a month off for break from school then.

It's a pretty good time to go....nice weather, low crowds, except for the marathon, decent prices.

One thing I don't like about it though is it is a prime time for rehabs.

Upvote 0

margot2791

Original Poster
I am in college and I plan on going in May...The 25-30. Me and my friend are renting Disney Vacation Points though in order to stay in a real nice place. This is my second time and my friend's first time. So if you want the real experience and wanna be in disney in style and not feel like u r on a budget then look into renting points!

Where did you look into renting points? Thats a really good idea that I hadnt thought of

Upvote 0

countrygrl4

Where did you look into renting points? Thats a really good idea that I hadnt thought of

I didn't know about it either and I am a fanatic about planning and knowing every there is to have the perfect vacation. I learned about it on mousesavers.com and then I went to DISboards.com and registered there and found SOOOOO MANY people who are renting out their points or looking for ressies and stuff...Definitely look into it bc I am possibly staying at Bay Lake Tower in a studio!! Don't bother trying to get the regular hotels like Grand Floridian or Poly bc they are almost more expensive then the actual villas which are nice and give you the home away from home feel. If you need help and stuff let me know. I have researched it soo much that I feel like a disney vet! LoL

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom