Best Steak on Disney Property??

karl75

this was my best steak ever.
SAM_1418.jpg

28oz porterhouse from yachtsman steakhouse.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Shula's is excellent but Shula's on Disney Property is not kid friendly. :/

Best Steaks I've had on Property is from Artist Point.

The Filet was wonderful however the Buffalo was divine.

Gabe1

Dying to try the Buffalo.Is it a lot different than the bison.?
I don't know. :(

Buffalo was just honk'n good. Don't know if it was the superior quality of the meat or preparation or a combo of both. They obviously spent time developing the prep of the Buffalo entree.

All and all I'm a big fan of Artist Point, it is a calm, welcome change to the hustle bustle of WDW.

Gabe1

Can also understand this :). We re-attended AP after a two year hiatus to see if it had managed to recover from it's slump. It had (full review forthcoming). One very important element: along with a new Manager, and three VERY focused chefs, AP re-introduced a real Filet: and it's damn good. I think AP has managed to pull a Brown Derby style recovery: sank, recognized the sinking, took the right steps, and roared back to excellece.... another spot for a GREAT meal.

...but I have to be honest - the steak at Shula's is better. Not kid friendly? Don't understand... on our last trip, at least five tables around us had (gasp) children. Unimaginable at Disney World :). Oddly, the kids appeared very happy, as did their parents. Perhaps they didn't get the memo?

I am a big fan of Shula's. Very upscale.I can't say I found the filet any better there though than Artist Point. When you are serving the best meats a good steak house is hard pressed to blow a filet. Artist is a better overall bang for the buck too as far as what is included with your meal.

But never, ever have I seen 5 tables of children in the WDW Shula's let alone 5 tables of children around our very table. It would be etched in my mind forever. My children were raised in fine restaurants and knew proper decorum for upscale however I knew better than to bring my kids to Shula's on WDW property, it was just known to be pushing the envelop, adult atmosphere, children were not encourage though not turned away. I'd take a child to Yachtsman or Artist before Shula's.

Lexi

Yachtsman is the best in my opinion. You can order a strip steak or a filet from almost any restaurant, when I go to a steakhouse I'm looking to order a nice Porterhouse or a Rib-Eye. To be fair I should mention, we have not tried Shula's, being from NYC I really don't care much for chain restaurants.

Innkeeper's Club

I thought the Steak at the ESPN Club was very good and it's something I would order again.

The only other on property restaurant where I had a Steak was the Concourse Steakhouse, however since they are now closed can't go there anymore.

mickey2008.1

For on property steaks, nothing is really worth it, but your at WDW. So for me, California grille had a great filet with red wine reduction, well cooked, and very flavorful. Kona also has a nice strip steak. next year we will be truing narcoossees' and citricos. A real steak has to be dry aged at least 29-31 days and be black angus, well marbled, not happening at WDW unfortunately.

Sl8500

Ate at Le Cellier last week and was not impressed. I had a decent filet, but others in my party had the strip steak and none of them liked it. The service was also not very good for a signature restaurant.

Had a great steak at Be Our Guest and the service was excellent. I highly recommend it.

Gabe1

Depends on dining time - go earlier, more families. And if you have not been to Shula's? Of COURSE you haven't seen 5 tables WITH child(ren) in your dining room :). Did't take my camera - but they were there... and not a single one of 'em acting up. I'm absolutely certain that they were behaving better than I did when I was about 8 (Dad was a major Maitre D in San Francisco in the 1950's - we went out a lot).
As I said I am a big fan of Shula's so yes I've been there both in WDW and here as we have several of them. I can't say I've ever counted the children around me at any resturant but yes I would have noted children in Shula's in masses because they would have changed their target market. I too would have noticed that many children in V&A's too. I just would not recommend bringing a 4 year old and a 6 year old into this particular restaurant there are just as good steak houses that are family venues. Yep you can push the envelop but I've never been one to do that with my kids. Everyone has their own line in the sand as to where they bring their children and when they get a sitter or choose a different place.

Gotta ask - known by whom? Very true about adult atmosphere, in the sense that it's WELL laid out - not that it's a front for a site :). Football themed, and tastefully. Truthfully - they would welcome your children, especially because they HAVE been in fine restaurants :). One warning, though... even the ADULTS will often split a side, a dessert, or even a main course... portions are sized for linebackers :).
By hotel staff as we have stayed there multiple times and our concierge explained that it was an Adult atmosphere, so I had respect for that and the adults trying to have romantic, quiet evenings. But hey that is just me. I don't know what correlation you are trying to draw between Shula's and . I can't say I ever witnessed anything such as that within the hotels there but maybe I am nieve. As I said before several posts above I am a fan of Shula's but am missing your point about warnings of adults sharing dessert. What is the warning about, does it correlate to your coloration to and the hotel/restaurants and who they now cater too at WDW? I'll be very disappointed if that is the point you are trying to veil.:( If that is the case why would people consider bringing a 4 and 6 year old there. :eek:

Gabe1

Ate at Le Cellier last week and was not impressed. I had a decent filet, but others in my party had the strip steak and none of them liked it. The service was also not very good for a signature restaurant.

Had a great steak at Be Our Guest and the service was excellent. I highly recommend it.

This is why I was surprised LeCellier went signature. Service and steak prep have been hit or miss for quite some time. IMO LeCellier going signature was a money grab, it was so popular at one dining credit Disney just knew they could double the dining credit and guests would still go. LeCellier was a hidden gem when it was turned into a steak house from a Cafeteria. Now it is more an assembly line.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Depends on dining time - go earlier, more families. And if you have not been to Shula's? Of COURSE you haven't seen 5 tables WITH child(ren) in your dining room :). Did't take my camera - but they were there... and not a single one of 'em acting up. I'm absolutely certain that they were behaving better than I did when I was about 8 (Dad was a major Maitre D in San Francisco in the 1950's - we went out a lot)

Gotta ask - known by whom? Very true about adult atmosphere, in the sense that it's WELL laid out - not that it's a front for a site :). Football themed, and tastefully. Truthfully - they would welcome your children, especially because they HAVE been in fine restaurants :). One warning, though... even the ADULTS will often split a side, a dessert, or even a main course... portions are sized for linebackers :).

Love Shula's. We were warned twice about the size of the sides but be and my wife both ordered our own sides. I ordered a Potato Pancake that was the size of a dinner plate and about an inch thick!

Gabe1

Gabe1, relax :).

Gee, that is just one of my favorite sayings. Just lots of condescending bullets in your post. :)

We refer to this as humor (in reference to the "Adult atmosphere" - it's not THAT adult) :).

Humor isn't that funny when the joke has to be broken down, just saying. :)

I have been apart of many forums for years. Forgive me if I don't follow your analogies, I guess humor is lost on me when discussing Disney. I can't say I have seen introduced on this or any other forum I participate so is new to me while discussing topics like good steak and if a restaurant is appropriate for 4-6 year olds, you just made an odd detour that was difficult for me to follow. Funny where some peoples minds detour too. Kinda telling. :)

Now - sharing desserts & sides... as I mentioned, "portions are sized for linebackers". But you already know this, having been to other Shula's locations. In any case, feel free to NOT go if you consider the atmosphere to be inappropriate in some fashion.
Well thanks for granting me the freedom to make my own choices of where to dine. :) My post was my opinion on a steakhouse being appropriate for a member with a 4 and 6 year old child. I gave my honest advice based on being an actual guest in that hotel and my experience dining at Shula's WDW. I did not take this thread on detour, that is on you. :)

The Incredible Schmulk

Love Shula's. We were warned twice about the size of the sides but be and my wife both ordered our own sides. I ordered a Potato Pancake that was the size of a dinner plate and about an inch thick!

We did a progressive dinner on our last trip. We had a bite or two to eat in the lounge at three or four different restaurants while both having one of their signature cocktails. Knowing how big the sides were going in, we decided to share an order of Shula's crab mac and cheese in their lounge on one of our stops. It was awesome.

Cool story, huh?

Minthorne

We did a progressive dinner on our last trip. We had a bite or two to eat in the lounge at three or four different restaurants while both having one of their signature cocktails. Knowing how big the sides were going in, we decided to share an order of Shula's crab mac and cheese in theirlounge on one of our stops. It was awesome.

Cool story, huh?

Wow I love the idea of the Progressive Dinner! I may have to try this next month!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom