Best Steak on Disney Property??

Cassie S.

Original Poster
Hello everyone!! I am traveling to the world next May and one thing to do on my list is to eat the best steak I've ever had. :) This shouldn't be too hard because I've never eaten at a really fancy restaurant. From the reviews that I've read, I'm leaning to Yachtsman Steakhouse... Seems like many of you love Le Cellier but just as many feel it's overrated and I don't like mushrooms. Also to take into consideration: I will have to bring my 6 yr old DD and 4 yr old DS. They have been to many restaurants and are generally very good in public (now if DS was like this at home...). So what do you all think?

Dad 2 M & M

Both Yachtsman and Le Cellier are great, honorable mentions to Coral Reef and Bistro*.

*Still waiting to see how Bistro has changed.

copcarguyp71

The best steak I have had to date was two years ago in October 2010 at R&C...I know, totally unexpected!!!!

This year I had a really good steak at the San Angel Inn...also another surprise!

stlbobby

It depends on what you like.

The three best steaks I've had on property were on at the Cali Grill, Narcoossee's, and The Yachtsman's, where I also had my wedding reception. I've never been to Shula's because I don't Don Shula, the Miami Dolphins, or the Dolphin resort.

If you like a great wood fired steak, then The Yachtsman is for you. The California Grill has an amazing filet with a nice Teriyaki Barbecue glaze. It's light and more of an accent than a normal BBQ sauce. Narcoossee's has an awesome fillet in a sublime red wine reduction. Based solely on the steak it is hard to pick. I have literally had the best steak of my trip at each of these venues. I've never had a bad cut of meat at any of these places.

The Yachtsman is the most steak oriented. You will have your choice of cuts. While all three are "nice" restaurants I think The Yachtsman's would be the best for the kids. It is a little more open and relaxed.

Narcoossee's should be you're choice if you are travelling with seafood lovers. Their menu is more of an upscale twist on hearty American fare. It is the tightest and quietest of the three venues. If you have a cranky kid after a long day this would be the worst place for a melt down.

The Cali Grill menu is the most challenging menu. It combines flatbreads, sushi, and an international flare. This is the loudest, brightest, and most modern of the venues.

I hope this helps.

copcarguyp71

The Cali Grill menu is the most challenging menu. It combines flatbreads, sushi, and an international flare. This is the loudest, brightest, and most modern of the venues.

Can't wait to see what the refurb brings in terms of ambiance and menu although I do not think the menu is going to be drastically altered from what I have read.

Cassie S.

Original Poster
Thanks so much everyone for the input! @stlbobby I really appreciate the details. My hubby can't stand seafood and the Cali Grill will be closed for refurb when we go. I was thinking Yachtsman and you all are definitely helping me make my decision.​

Deak

Banned
Yachtsman by far I have ate their twice. The porterhouse is an excellent steak, dessert is a little on the small side but after big honkin steak, its the right amount.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The Yachtsman IMHO is overrated, I've had better steaks at a mid priced chain restaurant, but that was as of December 2010 during the abnormal cold snap. Even though we had ADRs and staying on the club level of the Yacht Club it took 40 minutes to be seated. We found the plates to have been a bit strange, being more of a bowl than anything else.

wiigirl

Yachtsman...IMHO
75.gif

GoochDSA

Generally, the only place on property worth getting a steak, IMO, is Shula's. It is far and away better than any other steak on property. However, seeing as how it is not exactly a kid friendly restaurant, I would suggest either Yachtsman or getting the strip from Flying Fish.

MaxsDad

I have had steaks from many of the WDW eateries. I can't think of a bad one. I have not had Yachtsman, as it was being refurbed the last time I went. Hence, it is on my to do list "someday". If it is better than even the Brown Derby/Le Cellier/Cali/Narccoossee filet I have had then I will likely need a diaper because I will wet me pants.

Ariel484

Ranking the filets I have had...

1. Filet at Jiko
2. Filet at Citricos

Both pretty even but I am giving the edge to Jiko because that one comes with the red wine sauce and amazing mac and cheese...OMG. I want to go there now.

and in a distant 3rd...

3. Filet at Le Cellier. I just think that place is so overrated. :oops: Just an FYI, if you do go there and get the filet you can sub out the risotto and mushrooms. That's what I did...I got the cream cheese mashed potatoes instead.

I have also had the Serious Steak at Raglan Road (sirloin) and the Teriyaki Strip at Kona. The Teriyaki strip was okay, the Ralgan Road steak was not impressive at all to me...probably because I had the Jiko filet the night before. :p

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So my list would go like this:
1. Shula's (wow, besides V&A, this has been our best!)
2. Jiko (awesome!)
3. Cali Grill (excellent every time)
4. Le Cellier (never a bad steak)
5. Yachtsman (we just were not impressed at all)

disney magic 06

The best two steaks I've had at WDW were at Rose and Crown (very reasonable, melted in the mouth, perfectly cooked and amazing surroundings with a great view of the fireworks) and California Grill (like you, we are going next May, I'm gutted it'll be closed.

I have been to Yachtsman twice, 2011 (NY Strip) it was excellent, 2012 (Filet) was very poor. I guess it's all down to luck!

PhilharMagician

On WDW property it would be Shula's #1 with Yachtsman following in second. I would not even order a steak @ LeCellier again. I have had the NY Strip and the Fillet, and was not pleased with either for the price and that was before it was bumped to a Signature restaurant. I might get the salmon, but honestly rather go to Artist's point for that.

Honorable mentions:
Jiko
California Grill

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom