best spots for ILLUMINATIONS?

twoweirdos

Original Poster
anywhere?This is at Epcot right?
I think it is.Ive heard the better places to see are from some of the hotel balconies or tables at the restaraunts
Help...lol
Tia

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Best bet is anywhere on the lagoon edge that does not have any obstructions between you and the middle of the lagoon. Also make sure the wind is not bowing towards you.

The best spot in terms of view is in World Showcase Plaza, directly opposite the American Adventure on the Future World side. The whole show was designed from that position.

twoweirdos

Original Poster
Best bet is anywhere on the lagoon edge that does not have any obstructions between you and the middle of the lagoon. Also make sure the wind is not bowing towards you.

The best spot in terms of view is in World Showcase Plaza, directly opposite the American Adventure on the Future World side. The whole show was designed from that position.
ahhh
thank you!!!!

amaley01

If you can splurge take the Illumination cruise. The tour and view of the fireworks is fabulous.
I surprised my DH for his 40th birthday, super at Cape May & the cruise ;)

djdan

Oh wow, I've never seen it from there. We always get a table outside at Rose and Crown, or sit at the QS Mexico spot.

juan

I usually hit up the open spot right across from Mexico's margarita stand :drevil:
It's decently close to the action and has no obstructions.
You can normally arrive ~10 min before showtime and still get a great view.

MarkTwain

I've always wondered about that spot; after passing it a million times I realized it would probably be a really good, obstruction-free place to watch Illuminations. About how far before the show should someone get there to get a good spot? I bet a place like that would fill up quick.

Seems like we always just watch at the nearest tree-less place to where we're standing. :lol:

WDWmazprty

We always go to Norway. Take a left out of Akershus and go straight to the lagoon.

Sitting behind the cantina in Mexico is also a good spot. :wave:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I've always wondered about that spot; after passing it a million times I realized it would probably be a really good, obstruction-free place to watch Illuminations. About how far before the show should someone get there to get a good spot? I bet a place like that would fill up quick.

Seems like we always just watch at the nearest tree-less place to where we're standing. :lol:

Ditto!!!

How long beforehand is needed to show up..... in August

rangerbob

I've sat there numerous times. The problem with the stage like area is it is a sitting area only and no strollers or wheelchairs are allowed. Due to the closeness to the show that you are the CM's don't get an authorization to open until 15 minutes before the show time. I normally start to hang out at the rope about an hour before showtime. I'm normally right at the railing. It is a fantastic spot to see the show. If the wind is blowing in that direction it won't open since it is a major fallout area.

SHORTY

I've viewed Illuminations from almost every country and the jutty at the Italy pavilion was my favorite. Great unobstructed view of the lagoon with SE in the distance made for a great experience.
Then last year we got a spot at the Showcase Plaza. This is now our favorite spot.

Nemo14

Last December that spot was reserved for people with the CP packages. It's a great view of the show.

MarkTwain

I've sat there numerous times. The problem with the stage like area is it is a sitting area only and no strollers or wheelchairs are allowed. Due to the closeness to the show that you are the CM's don't get an authorization to open until 15 minutes before the show time. I normally start to hang out at the rope about an hour before showtime. I'm normally right at the railing. It is a fantastic spot to see the show. If the wind is blowing in that direction it won't open since it is a major fallout area.

Awesome, thanks for responding. :wave: Don't know if I can persuade the fam to show up an hour before showtime :lol:, but at least now I know if I want to see it there.

NewfieFan

Nobody mentioned Canada... I always thought Canada had a pretty good view and you can usually show up minutes before the show starts (in a slow season) and get a spot. There's a popcorn cart right there too which we use to entertain the kids while they're waiting! :animwink:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Nobody mentioned Canada... I always thought Canada had a pretty good view and you can usually show up minutes before the show starts (in a slow season) and get a spot. There's a popcorn cart right there too which we use to entertain the kids while they're waiting! :animwink:

Canada is great. Especially if you walk up the stairs a little bit and get above some of the crowds.....

WDW_Emily

The UK We stood near the water this year and it was pretty good but we missed some because of a tree to our right. we backed up a little to the steps near the UK and it was amazing

datw@epcot

I have a few favorites, depending on where in world showcase I am at 8:55:

1. As discussed, the area where you enter world showcase from future world is great, however what I didn't see discussed was that there is a large gift shop in that area, we usually stand right in front of that gift shop and get a spectacular view.

2. Also as discussed, the patio in Italy provides great viewing

3. The bridge between england and France is great and is directly above where the illuminations viewing boats park

4. If its open, the patio between england in France also provides a great view

In reading through these responses, I have no problems with Germany, Mexico or Canada, so I think the moral of the story here is that everyone has their favorites, however there aren't many bad places to watch the show since after all, you're in world showcase and you're watching illuminations!!!

stuart

Always been the beer garden of the Rose and Crown for us since we started going in '95. Ideally, get there for 7ish to have a seat next to the wall. There are a few tables there further in from the wall however the higher level trees partially block out some of the higher pyro.

If you decide to book a meal, you can ask for an outside table, however if you do end up sitting inside then they bring you out for the fireworks to a small standing area.

Again the area between the United Kingdom and France - the lower water edge area and the bridge offer good views along with the area between USA and Italy.

Pick a spot early doors and somewhere near a place selling food and drink to keep you going until 9pm.

As Steve said you should pay attention to wind direction due to the amount of smoke generated in the show, if your down wind it can really spoil it for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom