Best roller coaster in Walt Disney World?

Best ride?

• Total voters

Tom Morrow

From just a coaster standpoint, my vote is Everest. The backward helix, drop, and forward helix are quite intense. It's fast, smooth (usually), and efficient.

The Empress Lilly

1 Thunder
Great atmosphere, great visuals, great pacing, fun and mayhem from start to finish.

2 Space. Alternates with Thunder for #1 but I'm sour on their taking away the walkway belt, which reduces the post-show from dark ride to decoration.

Both Thunder and Space have seen better days, they need some TLC.

3 Everest
A rich experience

4 RnRC
Awesomeness all around

That's it, I think. Ranked all WDW coasters.

macefamily

Totally agree with you on Tron and Guardians. I'm expecting big things from the Imagineers. Are the Tron cars going to be similar to the Hagrid open seating ? I would think they would design them that way since that's how it was in the movie.

Fox&Hound

Big Thunder all the way- no contest. Such a long ride with amazing atmosphere. I would place Mine Train next- I know people gripe on seven dwarves being too short in length but it is such an immersive ride and the effect of the shadows marching up the wall gives me goosebumps every time. I think they really hit it out of the park on that one. Everest is next followed by....Slinky, RnRC, and last would be Space Mountain. Way too jerky for me. I think Slinky is way better than it has any right to be and is very charming!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This poll made me kinda sad because at first I was like "Everest is amazing, but the effects don't work..." and continued, "I guess Space Mountain! but jeez that needs work these days... Maybe Thunder? No, it's missing some critical effects, too."

So I settled with Rockin' Roller Coaster. Honestly, if you're a thrill junky, and as a stand alone coaster, I'd argue it IS the best coaster.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Big Thunder Mountain......theming, queue, music, makes me laugh thoughout ride......best experience is back seat in evening during the fireworks.:D WOOHOOOOOOO! I love 7Dwarves too but agree it is much too short......I honestly wish both were longer!!!!
One time the CM asked if we wanted to go again and off we went, and that was awesome.
1606919811457.png

aliceismad

BTM is my absolute favorite ride. It's just fun, even if it is inferior to DL's version. But I think the "best" is EE because it combines the excellent theming with moderate thrills and a very smooth ride. BTM is a bit rough/bumpy for some folks I have visited with. I also love Space, but I feel it is far inferior to DL's version and needs an overhaul.

If you asked a true roller coaster enthusiast, however, you might get the answer of none, because so many of the roller coasters deemed the "best" are crowned for their thrills and not the overall immersive experience that you (hopefully) get with Disney.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
BTM is my absolute favorite ride. It's just fun, even if it is inferior to DL's version. But I think the "best" is EE because it combines the excellent theming with moderate thrills and a very smooth ride. BTM is a bit rough/bumpy for some folks I have visited with. I also love Space, but I feel it is far inferior to DL's version and needs an overhaul.

If you asked a true roller coaster enthusiast, however, you might get the answer of none, because so many of the roller coasters deemed the "best" are crowned for their thrills and not the overall immersive experience that you (hopefully) get with Disney.

Only part of EE I do not like is the going backwards part.....it is uncomfortable to me and it is a short duration, but otherwise yes I love that coaster too.

Trackmaster

Jeeze, looking at these poll results, you wouldn't think that 7DMT and Slinky Dog would be the most competitive Fast Passes at their parks (before Mickey and Minnie). I guess its probably just because this group is a bunch of diehards, and most people who go really want to get on Slinky and 7DMT because its new for them. I also feel like capacity might play an issue too. EE strikes me as more of a people eater, and Slinky and 7DMT just really seem to struggle to push people through. Probably mostly due to the size of the trains, but I also think that Pandora sucks away a lot of the Fast Pass crowd so they can actually fill a lot of the stand-byers.

yeti

1 Thunder
Great atmosphere, great visuals, great pacing, fun and mayhem from start to finish.

2 Space. Alternates with Thunder for #1 but I'm sour on their taking away the walkway belt, which reduces the post-show from dark ride to decoration.

Both Thunder and Space have seen better days, they need some TLC.

3 Everest
A rich experience

4 RnRC
Awesomeness all around

That's it, I think. Ranked all WDW coasters.
Wow way to leave out the Barnstormer jerk

danyoung56

And that is exactly why I like the Disney coasters. EE is as "thrilling" as I ever want to ride.

aliceismad

Jeeze, looking at these poll results, you wouldn't think that 7DMT and Slinky Dog would be the most competitive Fast Passes at their parks (before Mickey and Minnie). I guess its probably just because this group is a bunch of diehards, and most people who go really want to get on Slinky and 7DMT because its new for them. I also feel like capacity might play an issue too. EE strikes me as more of a people eater, and Slinky and 7DMT just really seem to struggle to push people through. Probably mostly due to the size of the trains, but I also think that Pandora sucks away a lot of the Fast Pass crowd so they can actually fill a lot of the stand-byers.
I like both 7DMT and Slinky, and I got FPs for both on my trip last year, but that doesn't mean they're my favorite or the best. I got FPs because I enjoy them and didn't want to wait in the 50- to 90-minute standby line. I also got FPs for BTM, RnRR, and Space at some point in the trip. I get FPs based on 1. if I want to go on the ride, 2. whether the ride is worth the wait in standby, and 3. availability.

For the record, my 6 year old would say Slinky is the best. But she wasn't tall enough for EE or Space.

Last edited:

aliceismad

And that is exactly why I like the Disney coasters. EE is as "thrilling" as I ever want to ride.
Agreed, and I should've put "true roller coaster enthusiast" in quotes cause for me, thrills does not equal best. :) I can stomach most coasters, but the ones at Disney are generally much more enjoyable for me.

Trackmaster

I like both 7DMT and Slinky, and I got FPs for both on my trip last year, but that doesn't mean they're my favorite or the best. I got FPs because I enjoy them and didn't want to wait in the 50- to 90-minute standby line. I also got FPs for BTM, RnRR, and Space at some point in the trip. I get FPs based on 1. if I want to go on the ride, 2. whether the ride is worth the wait in standby, and 3. availability.

For the record, my 6 year old would say Slinky is the best. But she wasn't tall enough for EE or Space.

Hmm... I don't think that you get my point. My point was about how long Slinky and 7DMT's lines tend to be while EE's line is usually next to nothing. And contrasting that with how EE is the runaway favorite on this board, and barely anybody likes Slinky and 7DMT. The rest was the sociological explanation for why this phenomena exists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom