Best ride in Fantasyland?

Best ride?

• Total voters

Sbk1234

Definitely something to think about for next time. I am always dilly dallying around and don't really rush to get on rides. And if I am with my cousin, she's also not a rusher. I also haven't seen the new que yet either. I'd like to eventually.

My favorite Peter Pan story was from my senior trip in 2000. I barely got to enjoy anything from that trip because my friends just monopolized everything. I'd want to go to the Moroccan Pavilion (I was big on Aladdin at the time) and no one wanted to spend time there; they all wanted to go to Germany for the big pretzels! (the one I got was dry). One had just broken up with her BF so I had to be the shoulder to cry on. Another was constantly forgetting her park ticket/card so I would be the one that would have to get back on the darn bus back to the hotel to get her card and come back....I remember this happened at the Studios and we ALL planned (there was 6 of us on our group) to wait until I got back so we could all go on Star Tours TOGETHER. I bring the card back and we meet up with everyone and ....amazingly...they ALL went on Star Tours because they couldn't wait for me 'any longer,' That same girl, during a ride from the TTC to MK on the ferry was afraid of water and and was on the break of tears so instead of getting to enjoy my ride, I had to sit there and have her close her eyes and imagine she was at an NSYNC concert...It sucks being the mother of the group, lol. I slept on the floor in my room because I wasn't comfortable sharing a bed with someone. I ended up getting the dreaded Disney disease (a cold) on the last day.

But on that last day of the trip, we were in MK and I said 'Hey! let's go on Peter Pan!' (Peter Pan and Pinocchio have LWAYS been my favorite) and they say 'na, that's a baby ride' and...I lost it. lol Not crazy mean but I lost it. 'I did so much for you guys and I didn't get to do any thing I wanted. You're going on this darn ride!' and they got in line. and we stood there full non fast-pass que. They didn't like it and I didn't care; we were doing the ride! lol I still think back on it like it was a scene from a sitcom. Like Seinfeld or something. "We're getting on the ride!!!!' lol It was the most rewarding ride I had ever been on, lol

And just to say; it wasn't a horrible trip...I just....they were all weirdos. One wouldn't get her picture with Chip and Dale because of some 'trauma' she had when she was 5...so ...NO ONE could get their picture....the girl with the breakup wouldn't get on the same bus as the BF so we had to wait to get the next bus....we weren't allowed to talk to him even though we had all been friends prior...It was just nuts....lol Really be careful who you go to Disney with, lol
You summed up the lesson perfectly with your last sentence. Sorry you had such a difficult trip. Hope the rest have been better.

Monkee Girl

You summed up the lesson perfectly with your last sentence. Sorry you had such a difficult trip. Hope the rest have been better.
They were. My next trip, which was in 2005, was with my cousin and her 3 year old. It was the first time I ever went to any of the restaurants (outside of Cosmin Rays....we ate there like every night in 2000). We had a MK view at the Contemporary and I got to meet all the characters...including Peter Pan AND Pinocchio. And what's more important is me and cousin gel so well that we never had a problem with what we wanted to do or where we wanted to go. It was a completely different experience.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
That whole story reminds me of my brother's trip with his friends this past January.

I've come here to say I don't like Pooh anymore. I guess I completely forgot the 'trauma' I had when I was 13...

Stupido

First, I never knew that if you click on an option, it'll show who voted for what. Shoutout to everyone who voted for PhilharMagic!

Philhar has always been my favorite attraction in Fantasyland, but I'll never forget my last night working at Disney. About 30 people from my location spent the day in MK together, before our Cast Member preview of the 2010 returning Main Street Electrical Parade. We took up a full row of Philhar in a very empty theatre, and I was sitting next to someone who was very important to me at the time. A silent tear fell down my face when Peter landed on big ben, and my friend squeezed my hand knowingly. We all laughed on the way out, and continued our last adventure together. It's one of my favorite moments that I've ever shared in Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom