Best Resorts

rreading

My husband feels it's stuffy, yet we've eaten there at the various restaurants many times. I think it's pretty and love the floral scents in the lobby over the summer and the gingerbread house and tree around Christmas.

I've never stayed a BLT, but I have several friends who are DVC with it as their home resort.

One of these days, we will. It's the only monorail/MK area resort we haven't stayed at. I feel like I need to complete the loop :hilarious:

The DVC rooms at GF are newer (nicer) but not as close to transportation. I feel like the legacy resort rooms can use some updating though

HouCuseChickie

We loved BLT. We rented points, and because it was a birthday for DH, I sent a room request to see if we could get a view of the fireworks (we had a lakeview studio). Watching fireworks over the castle from our balcony was a pretty wonderful memory. And riding the monorail was great fun.

The only thing I didn't love about BLT was that the pool felt a little lackluster. It was nice, but I wished it felt a little more Disney, if that makes sense.

We had a similar feeling about the Contemporary's pool. It's nothing bad, but there are moderate resorts with more interesting pools.

HouCuseChickie

The DVC rooms at GF are newer (nicer) but not as close to transportation. I feel like the legacy resort rooms can use some updating though

Yeah, I remember watching a review last year involving the legacy resort rooms and there were a number of things in there that looked a bit too well loved for the flagship resort designation and corresponding pricing. I do, however, really like the MP penguin fountain in the DVC area.

jmargarone27

The last time I was at the GF, a CM told me that all three monorail resorts are getting massive room renovations by the 50th anniversary. My biggest problem with the GF rooms is the bathroom, it needs to be totally reconfigured.

crashnh14

I've stayed at
all 3 All-Stars - cheap .. if I were to setup a quick trip with my family I would have no issues going back to any of these for the right price.
Pop Century - cheaper than below and cleaner than the above. We stayed there 2 times in its first 3 years, not sure how it is now.
Contemporary - Enjoyed it back in the 80's haven't been back.
Caribbean Beach - It was too sprawled out
Polynesian - Enjoyed it back in the 90's
Grand Floridian - Went the first year it opened and haven't been back. It is too pricey for me now.
Beach Club - By far my favorite resort if we are going to the parks. We can walk to Epcot at night, boat to Hollywood or Downtown. The resort is amazing and you really feel like you never leave the parks with all the activities at the resort and boardwalk.
Boardwalk - love the theme and location
Saratoga Springs - Stayed on a trip, which we didn't go to any parks and loved it. We were a 5 minute walk to Disney Springs.
Old Key West - Large area, but very quiet and peaceful.

Katelynbird

I and my Mom have never stayed in those Deluxe resorts or even a Moderate resort. I have to say out of the resorts I have stayed at Pop Century is my favorite. I have been to WDW 10 times in my 19 years of life and have stayed at that resort 4 times. This last time during my college Spring Break with a friend and not my mom(1st Time) right before WDW closed for the pandemic. I have never been disappointed by the service the resort has given.

Red Wench

Disney has quite a few resorts so to pick just one resort would be tough. Add to that I have been to WDW 15 times starting at the ripe old age of 6 months old. No I don't remember much of the resort we stayed at then. :) Here are the top resorts I have stayed at The Polynesnian is my favorite resort. It is on the monorail, close to the Magic Kingdom and just plain out beautiful. The Beach Club, the pool. Enough said about that. The Yacht Club, The Yachtsman Steakhouse is one of my favorite restaurants and The Cape May Cafe is nice too. The Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Safari View rooms are a must and also the restaurants are nice. Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarters, the pools are nice and the Riverside food court is fantastic.

Mickey Pride

I have stayed at 2 resorts in my 3 visits to WDW and both of the resorts have been value resorts. I first have to say both of these resorts were fantastic and much better than any regular hotel I have stayed in before. I will give the slight advantage to POP Century over AoA mostly because I enjoyed the feel and the layout of the resort better at POP Century.

bdearl41

I’m glad I read this thread. We decided on Beach Club next May over Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge. Seems like we made the right choice according to y’all.

stratman50th

Fort Wilderness because we bring our own "House" complete with bedroom, bathroom and shower. We watch our own TVs and have a beautiful outside yard with a picnic table and grill! Plus we save a lot by cooking our own meals, going out only when we chose to.

Ariel_x33

We have stayed at all 5 values many times and I honestly do love them so much, have stayed at almost all the moderates with the exception of Caribbean Beach Resort, and are currently making our way through the Deluxe's as we became DVC members March 2019.

Value: All Star Sports
Moderate: Port Orleans French Quarter
Deluxe: Wilderness Lodge (totally biased as it's our home resort but it is so homey and comforting and it always smells amazing.)

Jephor

poly.png
I have stayed at Poly, Saratoga, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach, All Stars, Art of Animation, Wilderness Lodge(Copper Creek), Animal Kingdom Villas(Kidani Village Savanna View) and Fort Wilderness Cabins. The best by far was POLY!!!!

dmw

In the Parks
No
I have stayed at Poly, Saratoga, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach, All Stars, Art of Animation, Wilderness Lodge(Copper Creek), Animal Kingdom Villas(Kidani Village Savanna View) and Fort Wilderness Cabins. The best by far was POLY!!!!

We all certainly have our favorites and they sure vary. My wife and I were very disappointed in the Poly, especially after reading so many positive reviews and people who raved that it was the best. The rooms were dated and not all that elegant. Rooms are large, but even with the AP discount I think they are overpriced. And, for a resort guest to not be able to get a reservation at the signature table service even at 180 days out is crazy. The two best things about the Poly to us were being on the monorail loop and being able to watch the MK fireworks from the pool.

Our overall favorites in each category and our reasons for the ranking:
Deluxe - AKL - The savanna view rooms are amazing. Restaurants are wonderful, and you can actually get in them. Pools are great, and absolutely love all of the places where you can view animals around the resort. Biggest downside is the location, with price being another big negative
Moderate: POFQ - love the theme, miss having a TS, but great to share everything with POR, love to run between POR and POFQ, boats to DS are nice.
Value: Pop - great running trail around hourglass lake, Skyliner, and fairly centrally located to all parks

IanDLBZF

For me it's....
  • Deluxe - Polynesian, Yacht Club, Boulder Ridge/Wilderness Lodge
  • Moderate - Coronado Springs, Riverside
  • Value - Art of Animation

ELG13

We actually enjoy all star movies. We've stayed there multiple times. When we stay there unlike that we are less compelled to meander at the hotel lol. I also love all the theming outside. The kids love the giant figures and compared to our other hotel preference, the price is way more enjoyable lol. When we do a full trip with the whole family (husband 3 kids and my mom) we always stay at Ft.Wilderness cabins and I always tell people they need to stay at least once and make sure you rent a golf cart. It's such a pleasant escape from the chaos that Disney can bring. If we didn't have a newborn I'd be really tempted to make a spontaneous trip right now to take advantage of the prices, and I'd be ok not going to any parks truthfully!!

heapster411

Wilderness Lodge for the ambiance, Poly for being on the Monorail, Boardwalk for walking to Epcot, With that being said, DW and I are hooked on the 1 Bedroom @ OKW. We are not DVC members but using the bounceback, you can't beat the price. The rooms are quite large, and what can I say about Olivia's, Comfort food at it's best!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom