Best Resorts

Tom 55

My vote is POP for the best value. Even more so now that the gondolas are running.
For moderate I love POFQ. Size , buses and location are better than the other moderates.
Contemporary is my deluxe vote. Love the short walk to MK and access to monorail.

Dave B

Last I saw, POP was $195/night and PO Riverside was $222, I think Coronado was only $210, the gap is getting awful close on the Value vs Moderate

jmargarone27

I’ll never understand the hate for the Grand Floridian. It’s been and always will be my favorite!! Classic Disney, great location, and just a step above the rest of the hotels. Haven’t tried the Four Seasons, I’m sure it’s awesome but I honestly wouldn’t feel right going to Disney and not staying at the GF! It’s not perfect, rooms need updating for sure. But I did hear from a CM that all three monorail resorts are getting massive room renovations before the 50th anniversary...guess we’ll find out.

durangojim

I’ll never understand the hate for the Grand Floridian. It’s been and always will be my favorite!! Classic Disney, great location, and just a step above the rest of the hotels. Haven’t tried the Four Seasons, I’m sure it’s awesome but I honestly wouldn’t feel right going to Disney and not staying at the GF! It’s not perfect, rooms need updating for sure. But I did hear from a CM that all three monorail resorts are getting massive room renovations before the 50th anniversary...guess we’ll find out.
We’ve stayed at 4S and the service and rooms were superior to all Disney resorts including GF. BUT it didn’t feel Disney. I love staying “in the Disney Bubble” and 4S didn’t give us that feeeling so we’ve stuck to GF, YC/BC ever since. If that 4S was anyplace other than Disney I’d stay there for a long weekend in a heartbeat.

Mickey5150

All-Star Sports is my home away from home. Having stayed at all levels in property, being a bed and bathroom family all-stars is the perfect resort. The bus ride to the AK is wonderful and the low price is a plus. My only concern is when they redo the rooms, because I know those rooms better than my own.

Lord Starwalker

Animal Kingdom Lodge is truly the best when it comes to theme, food quality and entertainment. Your family would be hard pressed to find another Disney resort at this point in time that can top what AKL offers. Truly a must do Disney experience! ;)

Lord Starwalker

Well I can tell you, as a Floridian, that I find the theme at the Grand Floridian to be mind-numbingly boring. I understand the quality of the resort and dining experiences offered there. For my money there are just too many other options with far better themes to enjoy.

Poppinsfan05

In the Parks
No
I am only 15 and been to Walt Disney World 2 times. I have stayed in two awesome resorts which were the Grand Floridian and The Boardwalk Resort. I have to say the Grand Floridian was beautiful, but I had so much fun at the Boardwalk. I felt like I was in the middle of it everything and it seemed like it was right in the backyard of Epcot which was so cool.

Kobe!!

I am only 15 and been to Walt Disney World 2 times. I have stayed in two awesome resorts which were the Grand Floridian and The Boardwalk Resort. I have to say the Grand Floridian was beautiful, but I had so much fun at the Boardwalk. I felt like I was in the middle of it everything and it seemed like it was right in the backyard of Epcot which was so cool.
I know your only 15, but was it in the middle of everything or in the backyard? Two different statements you made there.

Last edited by a moderator:

SyracuseDisneyFan

I've stayed at Art of Animation, Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Out of all of those, I liked Art of Animation the most. I liked the theme. However, I did like walking to the Magic Kingdom from Bay Lake Tower and I liked how Animal Kingdom Lodge was close to US 192 and places on 192 like Dunkin'. I admit I'm a coffee snob.

cat hem

Value: Pop but Love AOA suites more (overall I can't love values because of the large groups that overwhelm them)
Mod: POR love the theme
Deluxe: Boardwalk (for proximity to Epcot) Treehouse villas (to get away from it all)

MissViv

Depends on the time of the year. If it is Christmas or Halloween, then I want a resort close to MK. Poly or Contemporary depending on the price. I love the walkway from Contemporary.

I just went to POFQ for the first time in March of this year and loved it. I liked the smallness of it and it was quaint with the walkways and boat to DS. Bus service was OK but I would not want to stay there during really busy times.

JIMINYCR

Would have been more interesting to hear WHY you enjoyed All Star better and what features made you pan the others. For us POFQ has been a perfect choice. But since our recent trip was cancelled and we are going back in May 2021 as a result, we are moving up to the Poly. another year to save money and budget for a better all around trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom