Best Resorts

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Weird way to start a thread.

Anyways not gonna flame since honestly I prefer the value resorts. I've stayed in all 5 of them.
POP is my favorite and then Movies and Sports. Music and AOA are not as much my cup of tea due to the walks from the standard rooms.
I enjoyed POR. I did not like Coronado Springs.
Only deluxe I've stayed in is Contemporary and I loved it to pieces but the buses to HS and AK were unreliable.

correcaminos

People have their own likes and dislikes. People travel and vacation differently too. So while I do not care at all for the themes of the values, I would never flame anyone for it. I'm a DVC member so I'm kind of into those locations with those I have my favorites and my least favorites. Oddly bottom of my list is Grand Floridian and one of our top is OKW so we all love what we love and what we don't.

daisyduckie

I have found my home at the Swan. Sure, you have to pay to get there from the airport, but it is still much cheaper than the Disney boardwalk area resorts. And I love being a short boat ride/walk away from both Epcot and the Disney Studios. And having a 24/7 quick service across at the Dolphin is something no Disney resort offers.

I'll list our "favorites" - but I definitely wouldn't say these are the "best" - that's the beauty of the many choices Disney gives us. There are so many diverse resorts with so many different looks/feels/sizes/etc. Our current favorites are POP, POFQ, and AKL, but I'm sure we'll have different favorites in a few years. I know it sounds like a cliche, but you really can't go wrong. Choose a different one each time you go and get a new experience.

*Jules*

In the Parks
No
I'll list our "favorites" - but I definitely wouldn't say these are the "best" - that's the beauty of the many choices Disney gives us. There are so many diverse resorts with so many different looks/feels/sizes/etc. Our current favorites are POP, POFQ, and AKL, but I'm sure we'll have different favorites in a few years. I know it sounds like a cliche, but you really can't go wrong. Choose a different one each time you go and get a new experience.
You have some really good choices. :)

ghidorah97

Why would anyone flame you for your own personal experience and opinion? I may disagree with you, but my criteria and likes/dislikes are clearly different than yours. I've stayed at the following: All Star Sports, Pop, AOA, POR, Wilderness, Poly and GF. My favorites have been AOA, POR (easy choice since it's the only moderate I've stayed at) and Wilderness, with Wilderness being my top choice. I simply love being on the lake and taking the boat to MK.

Weather_Lady

I've stayed in Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas, Polynesian Villas, and Animal Kindgom Lodge Villas - Jambo House.

We've never had a bad stay anywhere. Every resort we've experienced offered the "best" of something, whether it was value, location, theming, dining, a great pool, onsite entertainment, or superior transportation options. I agree with @DisneyDave71's advice to consider trying a new resort every time you go -- they're like attractions in and of themselves, and it's fun to explore what each one has to offer.

ppet

French quarter has been my favorite of all levels, but after just staying at AoA for the first time and using the trams I may have to re evaluate my decision. That was the simplest transportation component of any of my stays at WDW.

eliza61nyc

I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, French Quarter and now at All Star Sports. In my humble opinion, I liked All Star Sports the best. You can flame away.
No flames from me, I think that is one of the things Disney does best. offer such a wide variety of things to attract different taste.

My absolute favorite is Beach club and it's not the best "designed" resort.

HiJe

I loved Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach has its charm each time I've stayed there. Stayed at Grand Floridian once and couldn't quite figure out what the big deal was. It was a nice location, that was about it for me.

Greenlawler

1. Polynesian: The nostalgia, proximity, amenities, Trader Sam's and Ohana!!!

2. Boardwalk: The proximity to two parks and now the skyliner, the street performers at night, the theming.

3. Ft Wilderness Cabins (I have three boys): The space, the available things to do, campfire, my boys just like the golf cart

4. Wilderness Lodge: That lobby! Hit or miss on the view, I tend to love pool view there.

5. Contemporary: Location, great nostalgia, but honestly unless you are in the A frame it's just okay.

We've stayed at Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Pop Century, All Star Music, All Star Sports, Carribean Beach, and Port Orleans Riverside as well.

of the mods we like Coronado
of the values: Pop

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom