best resort?

WDWPrincess87

Hello everyone! i was sitting here, watching my ferret play, thinking about Disney of course and was wondering out of all the resorts you guys have stayed at, which one you think is the best? I’ve stayed at pop, all stars music, Caribbean beach, Saratoga springs, and Coronado springs. More definitely to come! But i guess out of all of them i have to say Caribbean beach is my favorite! What about you guys? Where do you recommend staying at least once? Thanks everyone! It’s so much fun chatting with fellow Disney fanatics! :wave::king:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My favorite resort is Animal Kingdom Lodge. Love the look love the feel and where else can you walk out on your balcony and see a giraffe?

Now as far as best bang for your buck Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter would take that title. They have incredible theming, great location, even better layout and water access to DTD is a huge plus. PORS is a great step up from one of the value resorts (which are great in their own right) without a huge jump in price.

Upvote 0

janoimagine

My favorite would be the Wilderness Lodge, AK Lodge is a close second. The Contemporary feels to much like a hotel I would stay in for work, the Grand Floridian is a little to stuffy for my taste, and the Poly, well theirs just way to many kids, and monorail traffic for my tastes. IMHO.

Upvote 0

BigThunderMatt

My favorite would be the Wilderness Lodge, AK Lodge is a close second. The Contemporary feels to much like a hotel I would stay in for work, the Grand Floridian is a little to stuffy for my taste, and the Poly, well theirs just way to many kids, and monorail traffic for my tastes. IMHO.

IMO I find that the Poly doesn't deserve to be in the Deluxe tier. From a design standpoint it resembles a cheesy motel from the 1960s more than a luxury hotel, and honestly, 75% of the rooms are cookie cutter in design and really AREN'T all that big. It's only a deluxe because it's on the monorail line and in view of the Magic Kingdom.

That being said, my favorite resorts are a toss up between Pop Century, Grand Floridian, and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Upvote 0

WDWiz318

Thought I haven't stayed there yet, I'd have to say mine is the Contemporary Resort. Sure, with it's decent sized convention center there are those that would consider it just a "hotel." After seeing the refurbished rooms & the newer designs, it does live up to it's name. It's very . . . how do you say . . . ? Ah yes, C O N T E M P O R A R Y ! ! !

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

My TWO favorites are different and I like them each, so...

1.) AKL- amazing. Great food, theming, pool, rooms, view, etc. Just fantastic. I could live there, hands down.

2.) OKW- a staple for my family and friends, love the huge rooms, florida styling, and the central location.

One is a great resort, the other is a great home at WDW.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

I have never gone Deluxe and have only stayed at Caribbean and Corondo from the moderates and all of the values except movies and I would have to say my favorite is POP with Corondo in Second.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

I love Poly just because of its atmosphere. The main entrance, Ohanas, Kona cafe, the pools, beach. We just love the tiki and polynesian touches, takes us to another place basicaly out of the country. I know there are better as far as being updated, but love the classics.:xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

bg0617

My favorite resort is Animal Kingdom Lodge. Love the look love the feel and where else can you walk out on your balcony and see a giraffe?

Now as far as best bang for your buck Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter would take that title. They have incredible theming, great location, even better layout and water access to DTD is a huge plus. PORS is a great step up from one of the value resorts (which are great in their own right) without a huge jump in price.

I completely agree with you about AKL! As a person who is usually afraid of animals I love it anyway. You feel really close to the animals however never feel threatened. I also love the theming of each room and the lobby. To go with the theming Jiko is awesome, I enjoyed it more than California Grill shockingly.

Upvote 0

bg0617

I disagree with you about best bang for your buck though. I think the Swan and Dolphin is if you get the government employee discount. (My moms a teacher so it costs a lot less for her, making the price very close between the Swan and moderate resorts.) Even though the Swan is still a bit more expensive it is so much better (dining and distance from parks) than any of the moderates.

Upvote 0

WDWPrincess87

Original Poster
i LOVE the grand floridian even tho i havent stayed their yet, but it is where i always wanted to stay for my honeymoon or anniversary or something like that. its def. my dream! but AKL and anything AK seem like a great way to go! you all make it very hard to pick! :)

Upvote 0

stefan74

I've stayed at the All-Star Sports and the Grand Floridian. I love the Grand Floridian...it is close to the Magic Kingdom and on the monorail line. The views at the Grand Floridian are fantastic as well as the well-maintained and groomed lawns. I would love to stay at the Polynesian or Contemporary some day. I haven't stayed at the Polynesian since I was a little Mousketeer.

As far as value resorts, I have heard many compliments about the Pop Century. Would like to stay there too.

Have a Magical Day!

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

I've stayed at the All-Star Sports and the Grand Floridian. I love the Grand Floridian...it is close to the Magic Kingdom and on the monorail line. The views at the Grand Floridian are fantastic as well as the well-maintained and groomed lawns. I would love to stay at the Polynesian or Contemporary some day. I haven't stayed at the Polynesian since I was a little Mousketeer.

As far as value resorts, I have heard many compliments about the Pop Century. Would like to stay there too.

Have a Magical Day!

Just don't get your expectations up too high. Some people go thinking its going to be like a moderate resort and thats when they are let down. It's a value but its a lot better than the All stars in my opinion

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom