Best places for good drinks?

TestTrack

I was just curious what the 21 and up crowd thought was the best place to grab a drink...in or out of the parks(not off property though). I probably would like to try one or two during our stay and it sounded nice to, for instance, grab a drink at the lounge across from O'hana and take it back to our balcony in the longhouse(are all the drinks available in a glass you can take with you?) It sounded like a good way to end a day after the parks were close earlier in winter.

Anyone have any particular recommendations? Preferably not with dinner as I usually prefer something simpler with that.

Thanks everyone!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Well, the best places are probably at Pleasure Island
There are smaller places like at O'hana (Tambu lounge), Outer Rim, Garden View Lounge, outside of Artist Point, and the lounge at Yacht Club for the resorts. Most resorts have pool bars, then in the parks, 50's Prime Time, Rose and Crown, Backlot Canteen, Yak and Yeti Beverages and the Harambe lounge...and a few smaller beer/margarita or whatever stands.

Pool bars are probably easiest for carry away fare.

Upvote 0

TestTrack

Original Poster
Well, the best places are probably at Pleasure Island
There are smaller places like at O'hana (Tambu lounge), Outer Rim, Garden View Lounge, outside of Artist Point, and the lounge at Yacht Club for the resorts. Most resorts have pool bars, then in the parks, 50's Prime Time, Rose and Crown, Backlot Canteen, Yak and Yeti Beverages and the Harambe lounge...and a few smaller beer/margarita or whatever stands.

Pool bars are probably easiest for carry away fare.

Won't be going to pleasure island as that really isn't "our thing".

Any experiences with any of these places or any others? Anyone know for sure which allow you to carry drinks away?

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Won't be going to pleasure island as that really isn't "our thing".

Any experiences with any of these places or any others? Anyone know for sure which allow you to carry drinks away?

Guess I wasn't clear, you can at any of the pool bars.
At Rose and Crown they ask if you are staying or taking it out (glass vs plastic cup). There is also a small beer bar outside of the building for take away. Margarita kiosk in Mexico and Beer kiosk outside American Adventure
Other temporary kiosks at different times of the year.

Beers and the bars at AK are also plastic to be carried away, likewise Backlot Canteen at Disney Studio's.

Bars at the Deluxe Resorts are more sit down type places.

Upvote 0

Epcotfan21

If you like the Piano Bar atmosphere, we always enjoy going to get some drinks at Jellyrolls. It's located at the Boardwalk Resort. Pending on what night it is, they do charge a cover though.

Upvote 0

ryguy

Get a Island Sunset from Tambu lounge, they are great. Of course you will have to take a loan out if you order more than one.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

BeanSz

Margaritas outside of the Mexico pavillon; my wife and I really enjoy getting drinks at the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island; any of the pool side bars are good -- my wife and son often take naps and I head to the pool bars for after cocktail; although I have never been, I am hearing great things about Raglan Road Irish Pub.

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

Get a Island Sunset from Tambu lounge, they are great. Of course you will have to take a loan out if you order more than one.:ROFLOL:

drinks in nyc/nj are soooooooo much more expensive. i feel like im getting a bargain when im in wdw! i guess these things are all relative huh? :)

Oh and Raglan Road is tons of fun and not the same scene as the PI clubs... live entertainment and just fun place to hang out and get a drink

Upvote 0

lpet11984

Lapu Lapu at Tambu Lounge in the Poly is fabulous-- a must do every trip. Beware though, they can be really strong depending on your bartender. :)

Upvote 0

jsfra209

HERE HERE!!!! i've never paid less than 15 dollars per drink in manhatten. WDW charges a very modest 7 bucks! It is truly a bargain!:lol:

drinks in nyc/nj are soooooooo much more expensive. i feel like im getting a bargain when im in wdw! i guess these things are all relative huh? :)

Oh and Raglan Road is tons of fun and not the same scene as the PI clubs... live entertainment and just fun place to hang out and get a drink

Upvote 0

Gorjus

I second this one - I went there the day after my 21st. The Mudslide martini was quite tasty :) I wanted to get a mojito, but I'm an awful lightweight.

At 21, I hope you would be a lightweight. Good Job. However, I'm cracking up over here at you thinking a Mojito is hard core. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I find most of the mixed drinks in the world to be light on alcohol. To avoid this issue, I usually order Martinis.:D

Each of the deluxe hotels has a wonderful lounge in them. Come to think of it, each hotel has some sort of bar. All Star only has a poolside bar last I checked, but Pop has a lounge.

I enjoy the Animal Kingdom Lodge lounge. My sister and her husband always stop by Polynesian for a Mai Tai. LOVE Raglan Road, but that is my ethnic heritage coming out. Friends and I enjoy the Sushi bar at Wolfies on the West Side of DtD. Saratoga Springs has some nice lounges. At POR, I love listening to Bob sing his songs in the lounge.

I think a fun day would be to go hotel hopping but stop at each lounge, have a cocktail, take the Disney transportation to the next one. The time in transit between hotels outside of MK area would keep you pretty sober, but even if you weren't, you wouldn't be driving. Start at 11 AM and work your way through all the hotels.

Upvote 0
At 21, I hope you would be a lightweight. Good Job. However, I'm cracking up over here at you thinking a Mojito is hard core. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

:p I wanted to get one, but I had already had a Mudslide, and a few sips of a glowtini.

But either way, I recommend the River Roost, as well as Raglan Road. The food was quite tasty, and it's amusing to have a Guinness in a traditional style pub like that :p

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

Ohhh Island Sunsets! So delicious! I tried making them myself but I couldn't get it quite right.

I don't ever drink, not really even socially, but I had one every day during our honeymoon. Each day when we'd go back to take a nap I'd end up getting an Island Sunset and reading in a hammock on the beach of the Poly.

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

I find most of the mixed drinks in the world to be light on alcohol. To avoid this issue, I usually order Martinis.:D

Each of the deluxe hotels has a wonderful lounge in them. Come to think of it, each hotel has some sort of bar. All Star only has a poolside bar last I checked, but Pop has a lounge.

I enjoy the Animal Kingdom Lodge lounge. My sister and her husband always stop by Polynesian for a Mai Tai. LOVE Raglan Road, but that is my ethnic heritage coming out. Friends and I enjoy the Sushi bar at Wolfies on the West Side of DtD. Saratoga Springs has some nice lounges. At POR, I love listening to Bob sing his songs in the lounge.

I think a fun day would be to go hotel hopping but stop at each lounge, have a cocktail, take the Disney transportation to the next one. The time in transit between hotels outside of MK area would keep you pretty sober, but even if you weren't, you wouldn't be driving. Start at 11 AM and work your way through all the hotels.
I have found a way to ensure mo bang for your buck.. Tip well.. I learned this, by not only being in the industry for a while, And I believe in take care of those that take care of you.. The drinks at Dance hall weren't too bad.. I mean I think all of the prices on property are the same

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom