Best Place To View Illuminations

mwoates

Original Poster
These message boards are always so helpful, so I am asking you all for your advice again!! What is the best place to view Illuminations in Epcot? By best place, I mean quiet with a good view (if that is at all possible)...We will have our two young girls with us....Thanks for any help!

hpyhnt 1000

Well, the best place as far as being able to see everything clearly would be World Showcase Plaza between the two shops. However, that area gets fairly crowded and really isn't quiet.

Italy can work, but it can get a bit crowded as well. Norway along the railing can work. If you can get into the seating area behind Yorkshire County Fish Shop that would be nice, but space is limited and its not always open to guests during the show. One other place to try would be the upper level of Canada by the totems; it offers a nice view and it seperates you from the crowds somewhat.

Really, I'd just look for a nice spot along the railing that offers a clear view of the sky and lagoon. The quiet spots generally don't offer great views of the show, and the areas with nice views of the show generally are crowded. I'd say your best bet is the upper level of Canada if you wanted something a bit more quiet. That gives a nice view of the lagoon, but space is limited somewhat. :eek:

disneyfan20ny

The show is designed to be seen from all sides,however,you are much closer to the globe when you favor the north side of the lagoon!!My first choice is canada because the speaker system is right there and when the countrys light up in the order that they were developed in history you have a great view of all and it's a quick exit at the end of the show!!You also have to keep in mind which way the wind is blowing and have at your back!Second choice is right there when you enter the world showcase from future world.Once again great speakers and the closest to the globe,but I find this area to be to crowded.

PhotoDave219

As long as you can see the lagoon without a tree blocking your view.

There is no "best" view. Personally i like the view from World Showcase Plaza but thats just me.

krankenstein

My personal top 3 spots:

1) World Showcase Plaza.

2)Italy on the little island out in front of the pavilion. (Sometimes this is closed to regular guests)

3)The stairs in Canada.

PhotoDave219

If you can somehow ever watch this from somewhere up high at the swan or dolphin, its worth it. Completely different perspective on the show.

tecowdw

A pontoon beneath the France/Canada bridge is a very nice location. However, it is something you have to book and it is a premium price. Very nice though!

I would say Italy, on the platform on the lagoon, we could see everything, and at the end it was nice to see Spaceship Earth light up again from across the park.

Phonedave

Orlando

All kidding aside. Am I the only person who cannot see what the big deal about wind direction is? OK, so smoke heads your way. I really does not make it so you cannot see the show. I guess if you have breathing problems it could be an issue. Me, I like it better when the smoke heads my way. I like the smell of the fireworks. I also like it when bits of spent shells fall down around you. Is it strange that I have some shell fragments from the 25 Anniversery show?

-dave

KeithVH

Out of the last three times we've gone, they've all been for each of our girl's sixteenth bdays. The first got a birthday cruise with Captain Ron and it was quite memorable. Even though we just about froze (blankets from the BC helped) the cake was amazing and the view is, suprisingly, quite good. Worth the money in my opinion.

But the other two wanted table service and we scored the lower balcony of R&C each time (noted as the girl's 16th in our ADR - we didn't even ask for anything special). Compared to years ago when we just stood at the railing with everyone else, this was as good as it's gets. You can't beat finishing your meal and have the show as dessert (well, maybe a Trifle also).

brent2124

If its possible you should book the latest possible reservation at The Rose & Crown, arrive a little early and ask to have a patio seat(offer to wait longer if neccessary) after your meal you will have a great seat for the show!

tarjaybuff

Avoid Japan

We found our favorite spot to be Japan. However, we were against the railing of the lagoon, and got a surprise fireworks show. There was a fireworks canister about 4 ft from us in the bushes, and when it goes off it is loud and bright. :ROFLOL:Startled everyone, but was cool. So avoid Japan if you want quiet.

wdwCC

These message boards are always so helpful, so I am asking you all for your advice again!! What is the best place to view Illuminations in Epcot? By best place, I mean quiet with a good view (if that is at all possible)...We will have our two young girls with us....Thanks for any help!

The best place we have found is a spot between Canada and UK. From the Rose and Crown walk toward Canada, these's a little walkway to the right around the planter with a bench. No trees with a full view. One benefit, it's right in back of a launch spot for the show, so 3 times during ROE you see smoke in front of you for a second, and see the shell take off in front of you. :)

Rob562

If its possible you should book the latest possible reservation at The Rose & Crown, arrive a little early and ask to have a patio seat(offer to wait longer if neccessary) after your meal you will have a great seat for the show!

The Rose & Crown has stopped allowing people to wait for an outside table. Too many people "caught on" to this trick, and it got to the point where it was messing up the flow of Guests and tables. You now have to take the first-available table, and if you're inside you'll be allowed to go outside to the viewing area to see the show.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom