Best place to take wife for anniversary?

emmaandrewdad

Original Poster
My wife and I are going in November for two nights without the kids. Woohoo! Any suggestions... And no I can't afford V and A's

KeithVH

A fair percentage is seafood. Which is always done just right. But their beef is very good. The menu will change several times a year. Desserts are always an adventure. Like deconstructed cheesecake and such. Really good stuff. Been going there since '97 and NEVER a bad meal - food or service (15+ times). The extra nice feature is to PS around Wishes time. Servers will accommodate your meal to step out onto the porch to watch the show and then come back in to finish your meal. Good wine list too.

PigletIsMyCat

we're going to cali grill for our anniversary - it will be our first time there. we chose it over narcoossee's and citricos because we weren't thrilled with either menu (mostly me lol). our good friends always choose the yachtsman steakhouse, they love it. i would think those four are probably the best/most popular choices. if she likes a particular kind of food, you could always try that. it might not be as fancy, but if she loves french food a nice meal at chefs de france might be appreciated because it's not just about the fanciness of a restaurant but the thought. you could always call ahead and have the table or something decorated.

Phonedave

A recommendation depends on what you and your wife are comfortable with.

What sort of dining makes you happy? What sort of food do you like (or conversely, do any food types make you say "no way, never")?

Food is one aspect, but in this case I would say so is the setting. It's you anniversary - what are your plans. It's not very special to go to an enjoyable dinner, and then take a two bus transfer back to your resort. Do you plan on making an evening of it, or are you just trying to fit in a meal during your stay?

-dave

emmaandrewdad

Original Poster
A recommendation depends on what you and your wife are comfortable with.

What sort of dining makes you happy? What sort of food do you like (or conversely, do any food types make you say "no way, never")?

Food is one aspect, but in this case I would say so is the setting. It's you anniversary - what are your plans. It's not very special to go to an enjoyable dinner, and then take a two bus transfer back to your resort. Do you plan on making an evening of it, or are you just trying to fit in a meal during your stay?

-dave
We are going for food and wine festival. Two nights. Staying at boardwalk. Going to see boys II men her favorite band. Probably do the dinner on a different night so we can enjoy the evening seperatly. We are passholders so we can come and go as we please

acishere

A California Grill reservation that coincides with Wishes would be my top choice. Really just a great way to celebrate anything. Another great experience is Jiko with its Savannah view. If you are staying in the Epcot area and don't want to go far your room, Yahtsman and Flying Fish would be your best choices.

zurgandfriend

My choices would be;

California Grill
Yachtsman
Jiko
Citrico's

Otherwise I would pick a "fun" place like Whispering Canyon and let my server know about the special day.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We are going for food and wine festival. Two nights. Staying at boardwalk. Going to see boys II men her favorite band. Probably do the dinner on a different night so we can enjoy the evening seperatly. We are passholders so we can come and go as we please

You could also pair up the dinner with seeing B2M by eating at Epcot. Monsieur Paul could be quite romantic, or (less expensively and more 'fun') Chefs de France. Tutto Italia also has slight romance to it. If you want something with a more 'relaxed' atmosphere and perhaps more beverage enhancement, how about some wine tasting and small plates at Tutto Gusto? And many people consider San Angel Inn a very romantic location.

My wife and I have done Cali Grill, V&A, Citricos, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, San Angel Inn, Spoodles, and Boma as Anniversary celebrations and can't really complain about any of the experiences. We don't equate expensive or fancy with romantic and I expect that the next time we visit to celebrate our anniversary we will do Tutto Gusto or Cava as a more laid back celebration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom