Best Place to Meet Guys/Girls at WDW?

wanabeimagineer

Hmm being a 16 yr old guy, it's safe that I try to meet girls at Disney. For me the best place would be lines, you just gotta time it right. Sure it looks a little suspicious if a guy just happens to get in line right behind an attractive female, but little does the female know that the dude has actually been sitting outside the ride line waiting for the right time. :lol: Im just kidding, but seriously the best way is if you happen to get in line behind a good looking girl (especially if it's a long line) it makes it alot easier to talk to her. Ive met girls in line for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Rockn Roller Coaster, ToT, and sometimes in the resteraunts and places like that. E-ride nights are a good time as well. And last but not least, busses and monorails are a great opportunity.

But actually, I've found that there are alot more hot girls my age at Seaworld for some reason. But there are defenitely still a lot at Disney. Oh yea IST, you're right, the Cheerleading competition weekends are my favorite time to go, and during that time the All Star hotels are the defenite best place to stay (that's where the cheerleaders usually stay) :D

Don L Duck

Originally posted by EpcoTim
A leisure suit, a load of cheap cologne, and hanging out at the emtrance to The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse will get you more numbers than you can imagine.

Hey Tim tell me something are you related to Speedo Bob? :lol:

EpcoTim

Originally posted by Don L Duck
Hey Tim tell me something are you related to Speedo Bob? :lol:
If speedo bob is a wild and crazy guy.....then yes he may just be my lost brother. Sleazy is as sleazy does......:lol:

EpcoTim

Originally posted by Don L Duck
I love your avatar that is one of the funniest movies of all time.

IT'S IN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I know.....this and Vacation....I could go on for days....

"Dont mind this......just doctors orders"

Don L Duck

Originally posted by EpcoTim
I know.....this and Vacation....I could go on for days....

"Dont mind this......just doctors orders"

I know me too,
10 bucks says the Smales kid picks his nose..............

Timekeeper

Original Poster
of mice and queues

I think that queues can be a good place to meet someone, but jumping in line right behind someone else may be a bit too much too soon. I like to think on a more subtle level. Here is a bit of psychology at its best:

Lines that have back-and-forth winding queues (such as those in Fantasyland) allow to you repetatively pass the same people ahead of or behind you in line more so than non-winding lines (Space Mountain - one straight line.) That give you the chance to see and be seen. Smiles, flirtatious looks, "hello," etc. Then, when you bump into that person after leaving the attraction - which you could easily arrange to happen if you were ahead of them in line - you will have already established some level of "familiarity" with them. This familiarity, be it extremely casual, does have a (positive) psychological effect on that person's perception of the other. "Oh, I remember her," or, "I've seen him before." I'm sure you've all experienced this - noticing someone in a park, and then noticing them again, whether it be at the next attraction or hours later.

When you do see them again, you could smile and say, "It's a small world... after all.":cry: :cry: :cry:

Tk

Timekeeper

Original Poster
alternative greeting #1B

If you run into the person in another attraction, and if the forementioned small world opener doesn't work well for you, try this one:

"I can see why they call this an attraction."

:cry:

Tk

wanabeimagineer

Re: of mice and queues

Originally posted by Timekeeper
I think that queues can be a good place to meet someone, but jumping in line right behind someone else may be a bit too much too soon. I like to think on a more subtle level. Here is a bit of psychology at its best:

Lines that have back-and-forth winding queues (such as those in Fantasyland) allow to you repetatively pass the same people ahead of or behind you in line more so than non-winding lines (Space Mountain - one straight line.) That give you the chance to see and be seen. Smiles, flirtatious looks, "hello," etc. Then, when you bump into that person after leaving the attraction - which you could easily arrange to happen if you were ahead of them in line - you will have already established some level of "familiarity" with them. This familiarity, be it extremely casual, does have a (positive) psychological effect on that person's perception of the other. "Oh, I remember her," or, "I've seen him before." I'm sure you've all experienced this - noticing someone in a park, and then noticing them again, whether it be at the next attraction or hours later.

When you do see them again, you could smile and say, "It's a small world... after all.":cry: :cry: :cry:

Tk

Very well put, and ya you're right the switchback/familiarity thing really does help too. It's worked for me many a time, such as on big thunder mountain which is the best because you pass by the relative same people like at least 10 times :lol:

Erika

Re: alternative greeting #1B

Originally posted by Timekeeper
If you run into the person in another attraction, and if the forementioned small world opener doesn't work well for you, try this one:

"I can see why they call this an attraction."

:cry:

Tk

A little female perspective--

Please don't say that :lol:

Dean[AU]

I met some fine ladies in a queue for Splash Mountain [my first thrill ride ever!]. I tried talking to them but there was a bit of a language/accent barrier :(. They planned out there log, with me included, Unfortunatly the Loading CM didnt have the same idea.. they ended up been 3 logs ahead of me and i never saw them again :brick:

Ahwell, life goes on, im already hooked with the love for my life :king:

Althogh i wouldnt mind some fellow Disney FREAKS MSN contacts for some chat :)

heh.. logs

Originally posted by barnebd5
Hey I'm 16,

It's Raging hormones, what do you want?

If I see an attractive girl anywhere, I don't care what age she is, if she looks good I have to look.
And I know I have seen plenty of good looking girls in WDW, all over the "world".

Sorry ladies, when it comes to dudes seeing you attractive females, it happens to the best of us dudes.

:lol:
AMEN BROTHER AMEN I completly agree with you and im in the same situation being 16. I dont think ive ever met a girl at WDW though. But i dont think it helps that i hagout with my sis who is a year older than me. Ive had many of people think we were going out.

jrtcrm15

I've also met a few people while watchin fireworks and such, more so at MK then during Illuminations since it's more like a show at Epcot with that globe and all, since everyone is kinda admirin' the same thing it's easy to just start talkin about how cool everything is, lol I dunno that has just been my experience...

Lol Totally enjoying the cheesy pick-up lines, nice...(Dude,I think i would die with laughter if anyone every said either of those to me, they are funny ways to open a conversation)

colorguard02

I think that you can meet more people if you are with friends then family. Most people do not flirt when their with their parents.I have saw lots of guys at WDW. Last time I went I saw two guys from Norway at the Test Track.If you see a hot cast member ask them questions like "what time is the parade"? Me and my friends play the game chicken :lol: this is a great way to bump into someone.

aj_macack

I dunno where the best place to be is... but i think that you have to be fairly brave to "hook up" or try to hook up with someone while at Disney. When I was there in March I saw lots of interesting guys that i thought were attractive but i NEVER thought of try to get together with one of them, or even talk to them for that matter. Maybe I'm just a chicken but I don't think that the chance of getting together with someone while you're on a weeks vacation are very high....

BUT I do agree with one of the earlier posts, winding lines would probably work the best that way you can see that "special someone" over and over again as you wind to the front of the line!!!:sohappy:

nikechic

I have met guys everywhere throughout the world but my particular favorite incident was when I was watch SpectroMagic and Peter Pan came over to hit on me. He just stood and talked to me forever. i missed the wactching whole parade but he missed being in the parade. :lol: :lol:
My sister and I thought that was the funniest thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom