Best place to eat at Disney

Brer Bear

I'm going back to Disney in March and I was just wondering. If you had one place to eat in Disney where would it be?:animwink:

DanStat

From those choices, I chose the restaraunt in Mexico @ the World Showcase.

Brown Derby is my last choice, though.

May I recommend Rainforest Cafe and for dessert, Ghiradelli Soda Fountain Shop...:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dwldzm9

Weel,

I always try a few new places every time I go, but I have yet to have a better meal than at the Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. If you at EPCOT, it seems somewhat silly to go outside to eat but the food is just tremendous, as is the wine list. Inside the parks, my preference would go like this:

MK : Tony's Town Square
EPCOT : Mexico or Bistro de Paris
MGM : Mama Melrose's
AK : Rainforest Cafe, definitely if you had thought about the one in downtown disney. I have never had more than a 30min wait at AK and I have never seen shorter than a one and a half hour wait in DTD.

Eating out on the water in the back of Wolfgang's is pretty cool also.

HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0

thumper

I would choose the 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM. I know the food is not spectacular, but we go for the atmosphere and the "mom"/"big brother" waiters and waitresses...not to mention that the S'mores dessert is the best!:slurp:

Upvote 0

Brett

I've always enjoyed Bonfamilles for breakfast. It's the restaurant at Port Orleans. I don't know why, but I love those sugar rolls they bring you before your meal. Guess it just gives that must needed boost for you get to the park all day.

For dinner, my absolute favorite restaurant in all of Walt Disney World is Tony's Town Square Restaurant on Main Street, USA. Often overlooked, it's right near the entrance and has the best Italian I've ever had the pleasure of devouring. (Being from South Carolina, good Italian food is very hard to find)

Upvote 0

disneycentral

So few choices, so much time. Wait, reverse that.

Well, with only one restaurant to choose, it would depend upon the meal. Great excuse to let me choose three restaurants.

Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Lunch: Spoodles
Dinner: Flying Fish

I have eaten at every restaurant in WDW, and I continually return to these three every trip, and often frequent Spoodles more than once. The quality of food and the value of these restaurants just blows the others away.

I just recently visited Jiko, and I beleive it has a chance to become the best restaurant in all of WDW. Fantastic atmosphere, great food and you couldn't ask for better service. That wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Spoodles?

Sorry for my ignorance, but where exaclty is Spoodles? I've been to Disney many times and have never heard of that restaurant. :confused:

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Kona Cafe

But I would definately agree with you Disney Central about Kona Cafe. When I go their I make it a point to have the Tonga Toast everytime. Another good breakfest place is the Concoarse Steakhouse in the Contemporary. Great Eggs Benedict :slurp:

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Mediterranean

I'm sorry but Mediterranean doesn't sound to appateizing to me. But I guess different strokes for different folks. I can appreciate that.:animwink:

Upvote 0

disneycentral

Re: Mediterranean

Originally posted by Brer Bear
I'm sorry but Mediterranean doesn't sound to appateizing to me. But I guess different strokes for different folks. I can appreciate that.:animwink:
Hmm, you ought to try it. Think of all the countries that border the Mediterrainian Sea. You've got Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turykey, a good portion of the Middle East and Northern Africa. Quite a wide variety there. So, Spoodles is a Tapas restaurant, featuring mainly Spanish and Italian foods. The pasta is great, as are the Mediterranean Dips. In fact, I have eaten there over twenty times, and had everything on the menu, never had even a poor meal. Check out the menu, you won't be able to keep your mouth from watering.

Oh, and by the way, the eggs benedict at Kona Cafe are to die for, way better than at the Concourse.

Upvote 0

RyanS

what is jiko?

my favorite place for breakfast would be tony's, yacht club galley, or kona cafe.

lunch is spoodles, sci fi dine in theatre, espn club

dinner is yachtsman steakhouse, le cellier steak house, italy, and mexico

Upvote 0

disneycentral

Jiko

Originally posted by RyanS
what is jiko?
It is the new, upscale restaurant in Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is currently run by the chef who was previously at California Grill in the Contemporary. Jiko is described as new African cuisine, and is not your normal meat and potatoes joint. Almost everyone can find something here that they will just love, it may be prepared a little different, but they will love it.
Boma is the other AKL restaurant, and is a buffet breakfast and dinner, and one of the best buffets on property.

Upvote 0

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Personally, I enjoy the snack-food type places more than the others, so I look for places such as the Roaring Forks Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. They have simple stuff, food I know I'll eat and won't have to worry about.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom