Best Park for First timers

CleveRocks

Not quite sure what you're asking.

Walt Disney World has 4 theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom.

It's not like they build on each other, it's not like you won't enjoy one if you're not at others, or like you need to experience one before moving on to another.

It all depends on what interests you. The obvious answer from me is "Go to all of them!"

If you have any more specific questions, please post again and you'll get lots of responses.

bucky1023

Magic Kingdom is the park most first timers think is WDW when you talk to then, so I would say to go there. I covers all of the classic movies and has the castle.

Epcot82Guy

It truly depends on who you are travelling with. If you are with kids or people that like the image of Disney (i.e. the movies), MK is your best bet. No doubt.

If it is with an older group, you will have to guage their interest. If you have people that are somewhat opposed to the kid-ish nature of Disney films, Epcot or DAK might be a better start (although DAK is really only a half day park right now - not as impressive as the other two).

I would say MK, most likely; potentially Epcot. If you go with either of those, you likely won't go wrong.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep - the MK. We did Epcot first last time since it had an EMH or something, but on day 2 we did the MK. I`d been many times before, but it was my girlfirends first time at WDW. Her face when we turned Main St at the Emporium and saw the castle was priceless. She said Epcot was amazing, but she wasn`t "at Disney" until she saw the castle.

kev1000

it was my first last year and i went them all i think you can't travel all the way there from the uk just to do 1 park in 78 more days and i will be doing it all over again.:sohappy: and i also booked for for 08 :D

H20Babie

Disney just isn't Disney without MK. Our first day and last day park is always MK.

44 more days ... :sohappy: :ROFLOL:

Chevross

FTers

I would pick either Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Preferably Magic Kingdom because it has (I think) the most rides of those two.

WDWRLD

But even if you dont go to Epcot go to Epcot.....what I mean is if you go to the Magic Kingdom take a break in the afternoon and hop on the Monorail to the TTC and transfer over to the Epcot monorail and take a ride. You get a execelent view of the park without having to pay admission. The monorail travels through most of Future World and off in the disance World Showcase can even be seen. When you get to the Epcot monorail station just remain seated and take the return trip back to MK.

lpet11984

Another vote for MK, followed closely by Epcot...Epcot is definitely my favorite park, but they're right- turning in and seeing the castle is just pure magic.

pacochran

Our first time was MK, and it is truyly magical. Since our first trip though we don't have a park that has to be done first, we just try to fit the parks in that fits our schedule first. I would recommend that if you have small children, that you don't do Epcot, our kids didn't like it at all the first year, they still (age 11 & 9) aren't crazy about World Showcase. It's tough when you all like different parks mine is AK, DW is MK, DD is MGM & DS MK/Epcot.

Chevross

Here is a list:
1. Magic Kingdom: Humans of all ages. About everything
2. Epcot: Mostly for preteens and up. Mostly gentle and few thrillers
3. MGM: Teens and adults. Thrillers and Gentle are about even.
4. Animal Kingdom: Children and adults. Basically a big zoo with a few rides and long walks.

*All of these are my opinion.

PintoColvig

But even if you dont go to Epcot go to Epcot.....what I mean is if you go to the Magic Kingdom take a break in the afternoon and hop on the Monorail to the TTC and transfer over to the Epcot monorail and take a ride. You get a execelent view of the park without having to pay admission. The monorail travels through most of Future World and off in the disance World Showcase can even be seen. When you get to the Epcot monorail station just remain seated and take the return trip back to MK.
Great suggestion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom